Obtaining an address for vacant lot

In Travis County, call the city of Austin. Look up addressing on the website.

Keep in mind, structures are addressed not lots even though lots are assigned an address. This matters when it’s a corner lot since due to the orient of the structure, the house address may not match the lot address.

• Like 1

That’s good to know. Any differences if it’s not in the city? It’s Travis county and in the unincorporated areas between lakeway and Spicewood.

No. There’s an agreement that the city handles all addressing in the county. At least that’s how it worked a decade ago.

• Like 1

No. There’s an agreement that the city handles all addressing in the county. At least that’s how it worked a decade ago.

I just checked through the city, I actually have an address but it’s not listed anywhere but on their jurisdictional map. Not on TCAD or my purchase docs so it was super confusing. Doesn’t show up anywhere on line but it’s there.

Builder confirmed.

That was easy.

I just checked through the city, I actually have an address but it’s not listed anywhere but on their jurisdictional map. Not on TCAD or my purchase docs so it was super confusing. Doesn’t show up anywhere on line but it’s there.

Builder confirmed.

That was easy.

Troph, where are you building - new rough hollow section or over in Crosswinds? I’m guessing from Pool pix you posted. You are going to have a good view.

I would think it should be on Tcad if it’s plotted. All the lots in our hood are. It’s the same area.

Just west of rough hollow in an old neighborhood that still has a vacant lot staring at the lake. Near bee creek but on the side closer rough hollow. Basically down the street from lake Travis middle school off bee creek road.

In septic design now, half through architect plans. Hope to break ground by October 1. Contractors brining my current home back to sellable condition now too.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, troph said:

Just west of rough hollow in an old neighborhood that still has a vacant lot staring at the lake. Near bee creek but on the side closer rough hollow. Basically down the street from lake Travis middle school off bee creek road.

In septic design now, half through architect plans. Hope to break ground by October 1. Contractors brining my current home back to sellable condition now too.

What kind of specs for your septic if you don't mind sharing?   Special planning since it is near the lake or is it far enough away not to matter?  

LCRA has exclusive jurisdiction which is great the county rules suffocate based on a septic + impervious cover can’t exceed 50% of the lot size. LCRA only cares about septic quality.

.3 acres so about 13,000 square feet. Slope is fine but gradual down. House is 3750 sq ft with 4 bedrooms and we get a .2 filtration rate on the soil so the available space for the septic is tight but doable.

I spent hours and hours with the survey, prelim plans and the septic rules before we bought and it looked ok and appears to be headed that way but shit it’s stressful.

I’m happy to post more, this thread or another, as it develops.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, troph said:

LCRA has exclusive jurisdiction which is great the county rules suffocate based on a septic + impervious cover can’t exceed 50% of the lot size. LCRA only cares about septic quality.

.3 acres so about 13,000 square feet. Slope is fine but gradual down. House is 3750 sq ft with 4 bedrooms and we get a .2 filtration rate on the soil so the available space for the septic is tight but doable.

I spent hours and hours with the survey, prelim plans and the septic rules before we bought and it looked ok and appears to be headed that way but shit it’s stressful.

I’m happy to post more, this thread or another, as it develops.

cool.  sounds like you don't have to do the special containment needed when directly next to water.