The new C8 Corvette

Parliament

The supercharged Z06 was the only one that had serious track overheat issues. The others can run hot, but they do it fairly comfortably, and it doesn't lead to reduced performance.
So the track version was the only one to overheat on the track?

PS- the ZR1 had overheating issues as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, 52-80 said:

the interior looks ridiculously overstyled, and will probably date very early

no one has ever purchased a corvette based on interior styling.  ever.  I do believe they would be better served if they simply went with the "utilitarian" model or "more is less" kind of thing.  They definitely could take some notes from the Mustang on how to make a cost effective interior respectable.  

35 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

no one has ever purchased a corvette based on interior styling.  ever.  I do believe they would be better served if they simply went with the "utilitarian" model or "more is less" kind of thing.  They definitely could take some notes from the Mustang on how to make a cost effective interior respectable.  

the c4 fits its era

c6 is bad, but not horrendous.  c5 was fucking horrendous.

looking back now, the c7 is probably a great buy given that the exterior has great presence and the interior is decent.  their buying demographics probably just wants a loud v8 cruiser anyway, not a track weapon

The few times I’ve been to the track, literally not a single corvette lasted the whole day.  And there’s usually about 20 cars with 3-4 corvettes.  

Meanwhile the damn 911’s are running the same time or close 6 hrs later.  I’m not exaggerating.   

And the corvette still has bang for the buck and is Badass.  But the overheating at the track thing is fairly well known.  

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The few times I’ve been to the track, literally not a single corvette lasted the whole day.  And there’s usually about 20 cars with 3-4 corvettes.  

Meanwhile the damn 911’s are running the same time or close 6 hrs later.  I’m not exaggerating.   

And the corvette still has bang for the buck and is Badass.  But the overheating at the track thing is fairly well known.  

it is true of my 911 when I have taken it to the track.  I drive it down there, run it on the track as hard as my shitty driving abilities can manage, drive it home, and back to work the next day.  they're just made to do this stuff.  

• Like 1

Surprised how good it looks.  Saw one at Preston and NW hwy.  Orange color.  Thought it was a Mclaren at first.  Great looking car.  I actually think the tail lights fit the car and looks way better in person.  This one had the over sized raised spoiler in the back, which I am not a fan of on this car.  Think Chevy hit a home run on this one (as long as you don't order it with the raised spoiler).

My pops ordered one for himself as a retirement present, he just got the call that his build date was moved up due to delays with carbon fiber part production (he optioned everything in body color).  Should have some first-hand pics and driving reviews in 30-45 days.

And maybe I'll finally get his '73 as a hand-me-down...

• Like 2

On February 25, 2020 at 3:20 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Nope never had it on a track, but up until about 5 years ago drove the highways like they were a track.

No offense.  But, no you didn't.  That would be impossible to do.  And, they absolutely notoriously overheat on the track.  That being said, I hate to say it, but I am pretty impressed with this model so far.  

11 minutes ago, Atxracer said:

No offense.  But, no you didn't.  That would be impossible to do.  And, they absolutely notoriously overheat on the track.  That being said, I hate to say it, but I am pretty impressed with this model so far.  

Nah, not like the track, but worded it that way to emphasize hauling ass

IH-10 heading west out of San Antonio has some great stretches to haul ass and push the limits.

Saw an orange C8 out at COTA, two weekends ago, and the proportions just struck me as wrong. It's almost like a caricature of a Ferrari 430: rear fenders are a too slab sided, and the front end just looked too high. I saw a white one on the road, yesterday. It was just a drive by, but for some reason, it looked a lot better in white. Still waiting to pass judgement. 

Edited by NYTransplant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The C8.R on the other hand makes 500 horsepower (no word on torque) from its 5.5-liter DOHC V-8. These two engines are basically polar opposites. The V-8 in the race car has overhead cams...

No idea if it retains the 4.400 bore spacing, but that's irrelevant. The iconic SBC runs pushrods, Sir.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-vs-c8r/

• 7 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, midtown said:

Anyone own a C8 here?  My coworker bought one and I am seriously considering one.

I really like the rapid blue.  All I can find right now is torch red

This is my coworkers car

PXL_20210826_194503993.jpg

My sisters bf just bought and flipped a white one. Made 20k on it but he said he loved it and ordered a new one already