Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4: Tripping Balls (Spoilers)

atomheartbevo

On 4/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, ultimaton said:

Kind of surprised Marvel hasn't given us an Eternals trailer to cash in on Chloe Zhao's Oscar win.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Marvel didn't strike while the iron was hot and try to ride the crest of that Nomadland tsunami.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, freyguy said:

They typically don't try to tread on the current movie they're promoting.

Makes me wonder if they’ll double up the first week of Loki so the finale leads people directly into the BW theater/D+$ premier 2 days later 

The series takes place after the events of the film Avengers: Endgame (2019), in which an alternate version of Loki created a new timeline.”

In End Game they went back in time to 2012 to get the Infinity Stones including the Tesseract but they dropped it and the captured 2012 version of Loki (who was alive, the 2019 version is the one that died) grabbed it and used it to disappear (which is why Steve/Tony had to go back even further in time to 1970 to get it).  It’s this 2012 version of Loki that this series will follow, the still mischievous god that just attacked NYC, not the one that has fought along side Thor in Thor2/3 and had a minor personal redemption arc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, XYZ said:

I have a question. Wikipedia says that The Punisher (2017 TV show) is set in the MCU. What qualifies a show as “set in the MCU”?

It’s not.  Only the 23 movies and 2 Disney+ series are in the MCU at this time.  The Netflix Defenders and Punisher series are their own separate universe however people think Marvel might bring in some of those characters/actors via the multiverse and retroactively bring those Netflix series into the MCU officially (now that they got all of those rights back).  Rumor that they may be doing this with Sony’s previous Spider-Man series (in the next Spiderman move) and Fox’s XMen too (via Deadpool 3).

I stumbled across this on Hulu.  Had kinda forgotten about/don't even really remember it.

It's not pleasant through the first two episodes - it's like they decided to rip some plot lines from the HBO Silicon Valley series, throw in a divorce, throw in Robot Chicken, and set the switch to "blend"

On 5/24/2021 at 7:32 AM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Just to show you that all your base are belong to us, we are going to nail a billion at the box office with something called the eternals versus the deviants 

Or the Eternals and Deviants join up and wage war against v. their creator - the Celestials.  But that may be too DC for the MCU.

12 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

@atomheartbevo Batman ripoff?

I would say Black Panther, because honestly I don't really know much about Moon Knight.

But then IGN describes him like this:

"Moon Knight is more or less the concept of what would happen if Batman were to have dissociative identity disorder,"

So yeah, the bit about him having various identities such as wealthy billionaire down to being a tax driver actually sounds really cool.

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would say Black Panther, because honestly I don't really know much about Moon Knight.

But then IGN describes him like this:

"Moon Knight is more or less the concept of what would happen if Batman were to have dissociative identity disorder,"

So yeah, the bit about him having various identities such as wealthy billionaire down to being a tax driver actually sounds really cool.

And super powers. He was resurrected by an Egyptian god. 

On 6/1/2021 at 8:18 PM, Neonmoon said:

I’m gushing over Korg the same way the womens are for Thor 

I wish Korg would come over and watch the regional with me. Pass some blunts back and fourth with a few beers. Korg would be so down. He’d kill it at Lee Harvey’s ou weekend too. Can we claim Korg as a Longhorn?

• Hook 'Em 1