2021 QB Jalen Milroe

Thanks to @Machinator for this Jalen Milroe quote:

"I’m looking to build the class as a whole, so if that’s going to get the best 11 guys on the defensive side and offensive side I’ll do it. A few guys I can mention is Brandon Campbell, Hayden Conner, Bryce Foster, LJ Johnson, Kendrick Blackshire, Billy Bowman, etc. I’m telling them all this one thing; Texas high school football has been ranked as the number 1 best high school football in the nation. If that’s the case why not stay in Texas and build that as one unit? I feel that Texas is the best place for that."

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

"I’m looking to build the class as a whole, so if that’s going to get the best 11 guys on the defensive side and offensive side I’ll do it. A few guys I can mention is Brandon Campbell, Hayden Conner, Bryce Foster, LJ Johnson, Kendrick Blackshire, Billy Bowman, etc. I’m telling them all this one thing; Texas high school football has been ranked as the number 1 best high school football in the nation. If that’s the case why not stay in Texas and build that as one unit? I feel that Texas is the best place for that."

trefs2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not an original combatant in the Stone vs. Milroe war, but I'm now a full-fledged Milroe partisan. I really like the ground forces Milroe is commanding and it sounds like he's getting more units moving towards the front. Hell, he's already overwhelmed Stone and before it's all done, he may lead us into Berlin. 

• Like 1

Quite honestly, I'd never heard of the kid before this board, and was all Stone. But, after watching this kid a little bit, it's easy to say he's a special player and I couldn't give two fucks about Stone and where he goes. This kid is just perfect. He's gonna lead us to great places. Hook Em, Jalen. 🤘

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

IckyCarefreeEsok-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

** DO NOT BE ALARMED **

Mike Roach had a short 5 minute interview with Jalen. It was good. I thought y'all might like to hear it. Starts at 38:30.

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/CBS5768176937.mp3

WTF man??   The only reason this is not negged is because your avatar is one of the greatest of all time. In Love Hearts GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

54 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

** DO NOT BE ALARMED **

Mike Roach had a short 5 minute interview with Jalen. It was good. I thought y'all might like to hear it. Starts at 38:30.

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/CBS5768176937.mp3

Sounds like a great kid - thanks  for posting (and the pre halloween fright!).

• 3 months later...

His Jr. year HUDL highlights are up.  I will fight anybody who says he isn't the best player in America.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Cdcvt

I don't wanna say he's VY, but he's the closest thing I've seen to VY in high school.  That play at 1:56 where he just sits in the pocket for about seven years then flicks his wrist and drops it in the breadbasket ... too good.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

His Jr. year HUDL highlights are up.  I will fight anybody who says he isn't the best player in America.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Cdcvt

I don't wanna say he's VY, but he's the closest thing I've seen to VY in high school.  That play at 1:56 where he just sits in the pocket for about seven years then flicks his wrist and drops it in the breadbasket ... too good.

thanks for posting the video.  don't know why we have to repeatedly do the whole "he is the next vy" thing every year...

thing that sticks out to me from that video is excellent, excellent footwork for a junior in high school.  his pocket presence and movement within it is very purposeful and efficient.  love that.  he also appears to have pretty solid vision.

exciting prospect.  pumped he is on board.

This full season video is exactly the type of late winter Kool Aid I didn't know I needed.  The effortless 50 yard bombs, the head up while dodging defenders like the Matrix.  Good lord this kid is badass.  During the HS all star games and in the offseason, there have been little video snippets of Milroe in passing drills and in those videos it looks like the ball springs out of his hand.  You can practically hear the whirring of the ball traveling through air.    3 QBs in a two year span doesn't get much better than JQJ, Card, and St. Milroe.

He is his own player -- polished and expert command like 90% of the time but with a high capacity for pulling off the wildass wtf play the other 10% -- but I'll admit there is that one clip of him dropping back and seeing the hole open up, and in that moment when he digs in and tilts his body forward to run, yes, I see the resemblance -- something about the anticipation in that moment, thinking to yourself, fuck yeah, he's about to carve them up with his feet.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ben Ficus said:

This full season video is exactly the type of late winter Kool Aid I didn't know I needed.  The effortless 50 yard bombs, the head up while dodging defenders like the Matrix.  Good lord this kid is badass.  During the HS all star games and in the offseason, there have been little video snippets of Milroe in passing drills and in those videos it looks like the ball springs out of his hand.  You can practically hear the whirring of the ball traveling through air.    3 QBs in a two year span doesn't get much better than JQJ, Card, and St. Milroe.

He is his own player -- polished and expert command like 90% of the time but with a high capacity for pulling off the wildass wtf play the other 10% -- but I'll admit there is that one clip of him dropping back and seeing the hole open up, and in that moment when he digs in and tilts his body forward to run, yes, I see the resemblance -- something about the anticipation in that moment, thinking to yourself, fuck yeah, he's about to carve them up with his feet.

But aggy told me he's black Chad Pennington?

I haven't felt obliged to compare any QBs to VY. I'm not close to being an expert on judging film, but I do remember Vince's film.

Vince did what he did surrounded by far less talent than Milroe. Even so, I have to say that Milroe's stride, poise, and vision throughout the play is the most exciting I've seen since watching Vince's senior tape. I think this is the first time since then that I've actually watched an entire reel of highlights.

I don't know if he'll be VY in college. He could be better. He could never start. I don't think I could ask for much more from junior film.

I'm excited. Thanks for posting the video. I can see why other players want to follow him here.

Hook 'Em!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben Ficus said:

who does he remind you of? say it.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, Newy25 said:

He’s a good player and more importantly black so obviously we need to compare to VY. 

Im anxiously awaiting Card to get to campus so I can watch the next Jason Seahorn in action. 

LOL, I'm old enough to remember when Kyle Shanahan transferred here from Duke and people on the message boards wanted to call him "corch on the field" because of his race. Ha! How'd that work out for him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

who does he remind you of? say it.

In the one clip I described when Milroe sees the waters parting and in an instant his body tilts forward, yes, that reminded me of Vince Young.  Something about that moment of decision and the immediate body tilt forward.  It reminded me of the game winner, Titans at Houston Texans, and He had the long walk off touchdown run.

I don't know QBs well enough outside of Texas/Big 12 (honestly, I don't know football all that well, period.).  Who possesses the same surgical aptitude, the precision missile arm strength and the dangerous wheels? 

Was Tua this good against comparable competition?  I'll go with Tua or maybe Case McCoy.