2021 QB Jalen Milroe

Machinator

On 2/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, PsychMike said:

LOL, I'm old enough to remember when Kyle Shanahan transferred here from Duke and people on the message boards wanted to call him "corch on the field" because of his race. Ha! How'd that work out for him?

Well he’s making a ton of money as the HC of the 49’ers so there’s that. 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, cochamps said:

The irony of running from competition.  To Alabama???  

2020 kind of move.

I know right. Bama landed Bryce Young the #2 overall player in the country from the 2020 class and pulled in a 4 star QB as well who will have a year of experience over Milroe. If he wants playing time he made a mistake going to Bama.

• Like 1

I had honestly forgotten about him until this thread popped up.

Sucks for QB depth but there's a decent chance he wouldn't have seen the field even in garbage time. If Card, JQJ, Ewers all stick around and stay healthy (not to mention whoever we pick up in future cycles) there probably isn't a spot for him. 

Secrant comments on Milroe:

"Ewers and the two freshman on campus are way better than milroe. Honesty as someone who lives in Texas i don't get the milroe hype."  (had 8 thumbs down...so far)

"Call me crazy but I think Nick Saban is a little better of a talent evaluator than you are... I'm sure the Brockmeyer twins will agree with my assessment."

"I’m not sure what that has to do with his point at all. I don’t think Milroe flipping to Bama means that Saban thinks that he’s better than Ewers, or even the freshman going to Texas this upcoming season. Milroe as of now is rated worse than all 3 of the other players that were mentioned."

"Because if Saban is really pushing hard for a commitment, as I've read, then he sees something that most of us don't... Some people have a better eye for talent than most of us do.. Plus if Texas has 3 that are way better then you'd think they would be happy to free up a scholly.."

"As someone who has seen him play in person several times, he’s a great talent. He’s a much better passer than Hurts and a better runner than Tua. He has a good balance of both. He has definite potential. I think he is a great fit in Herman’s offense. Not sure of fit for Sark. Would be a solid flip to Bama imo"

"He will switch schools again before it's over with. Is this the third school? He wouldn't ever see the field at bama"

"Saban may see something many don't and Bama has been recruiting Milroe for a long time, however, him pushing hard for a qb this cycle doesn't really validate the point. He pushed for Luke Altmyer too, only after missing on his top options. Milroe has always seemed more towards the top so Bama certainly likes him and Ewers just made it more of a forgone conclusion that he'd flip."

"Not trying to hate but I think he’s very much overrated. Not elite size or speed. Doesn’t fill up the stat sheet. I’d probably put him 3rd or 4th best QB in Texas." (from an aggy poster)

"His 2nd. He tried to commit to a&m last summer but they wanted Stowers. He then tried to commit to bama but they said no at the time. He then comitted to texas and every horn writer said he'd bring all the Houston talent with him but that never materialized."

31 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

He then comitted to texas and every horn writer said he'd bring all the Houston talent with him but that never materialized."

Were people saying that with a straight face? I thought it was like a meme/joke. Like whenever someone in the 2020 class committed everyone on reddit would comment MILROE!

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I would rather Milroe had stayed, but if we had to lose someone from the QB room, he’s not the worst one to lose.  And if we still have time in this class to get in on someone like Drones, Robertson or Morton, all the better.

And I was worried we might not have room for this guy....

image.png.ec853b625c082f1bb2f5388df540d6f0.png

No excuses now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chad said:

I know right. Bama landed Bryce Young the #2 overall player in the country from the 2020 class and pulled in a 4 star QB as well who will have a year of experience over Milroe. If he wants playing time he made a mistake going to Bama.

I guess Milroe felt so slighted by the gushing Ewers praise and Card's quick start that he saw the writing on the wall. Had to realize the easiest way to get noticed over the next few months was to take his act to another venue. Of course, had he switched to a perceived lesser program than Texas, it would have been seen as an admission of defeat. At least in Tuscaloosa he can tell himself he "upgraded." When he's waving his towel he can take comfort in the fact his team is relevant, even if he's not. But hey, good luck to the kid. 

Best of luck to this kid. I may be in the minority but i'm of the opinion that the current golden era of Bama is over.  Top 25 for the forseeable future but i'd be very surprised to see them win it all again. Nothing would please me more than for a scandal, lord knows they are there, to actually come to light at Bama over the next year.   

On 8/18/2020 at 6:42 AM, Gut Wagon said:

I guess Milroe felt so slighted by the gushing Ewers praise and Card's quick start that he saw the writing on the wall. Had to realize the easiest way to get noticed over the next few months was to take his act to another venue. Of course, had he switched to a perceived lesser program than Texas, it would have been seen as an admission of defeat. At least in Tuscaloosa he can tell himself he "upgraded." When he's waving his towel he can take comfort in the fact his team is relevant, even if he's not. But hey, good luck to the kid. 

Imagine being this hurt that a teenager didn’t pick the school you wanted him to. 

Wouldve loved to have had him on campus. Maybe he’ll tear it up at Bama, maybe he’ll suck and never see the field. Only time will tell. He handled the situation with class and felt Bama was a better situation for him. I wish him luck.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Did Farrell do something like this when Jase left ou last year?

Found this...

blOU with decent reply...

Replies

mdwZjqRc_bigger.jpg    Just Stew   @SoonerStew13
Replying to. @rivalsmike
Will give him that 5th star that he has deserved now that he isn’t a Sooner huh

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 years later...
17 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Looks like he's getting some playing time today now that Young is out

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34703833/alabama-qb-bryce-young-leaves-game-shoulder-injury

He's as good as Bryce Young but bigger and stronger.

Wouldn't it be crazy if a Heisman Trophy winner can't get back on the field and ends up transferring?

• Haha 3

I'm calling my shot now. Milroe really shows out in Bama's next game.  Saban realizes that Milroe adds a dimension that Bryce Young doesn't have. Bryce Young is unable to displace Milroe as starter.  Young portals to Texas next year, returning to his first love Steve Sarkisian, the man who recruited him to Alabama. Young is unable to displace Ewers as starter during preseason camp. Ewers goes down to injury early in next year's game in Tuscaloosa and Bryce Young comes in and beats Alabama.

• Haha 4