New Baltimore police commissioner robbed at gunpoint

Gil Bang

I would think a deputy commissioner's phone would have after-market tracking technology inside of it.  In case he were to lose it, they wouldn't want all that information about pending cases falling into the wrong hands.

Then I remembered, this is Baltimore.  Maybe America's most incompetent large city.  

"Worse than Detroit?"

"I'm afraid so."  

Walking around Patterson Park at 9PM? And he didn't have a gun?

He got off lucky. Baltimore is a shithole. 

Lolz - I live on Patterson Park and walk it every night. This is news because it’s an aberration.

Also, those kids are fucked... pretty sure the deputy commish knows how to read a plate. Shiiiittttt, he came here from New Orleans!

12 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Lolz - I live on Patterson Park and walk it every night. This is news because it’s an aberration.

Also, those kids are fucked... pretty sure the deputy commish knows how to read a plate. Shiiiittttt, he came here from New Orleans!

I hated that area when I lived in Baltimore. Maybe I was just misinformed. I lived in Bolton Hill and then in Towson but everybody I knew who lived in Patterson Park complained about the crime and I knew several people who were mugged there. 

I did some reading and it appears to be an improving neighborhood. 

On 7/22/2019 at 9:32 PM, Party_Taco said:

On 7/23/2019 at 9:46 AM, BHMCruiser said:

Also, how do you like living in Baltimore? If you cannot tell, I hated it and I'm glad to be out of there.

Did you get murdered?

I hated that area when I lived in Baltimore. Maybe I was just misinformed. I lived in Bolton Hill and then in Towson but everybody I knew who lived in Patterson Park complained about the crime and I knew several people who were mugged there. 

I did some reading and it appears to be an improving neighborhood. 

Yeah I get ya - We’re right next to Butcher’s Hill and things are certainly turning up here. City on the whole is improving despite the crime statistics. It’ll honestly be really interesting to see where this place stands in 5 years.

The high speed rail to DC also has the potential to be a game changer, but I’ll settle for Top Golf on the harbor wink.png

We moved here from Southern California so it was a big adjustment, but I dig the people, food and cheap housing so I can’t complain.

11 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Yeah I get ya - We’re right next to Butcher’s Hill and things are certainly turning up here. City on the whole is improving despite the crime statistics. It’ll honestly be really interesting to see where this place stands in 5 years.

The high speed rail to DC also has the potential to be a game changer, but I’ll settle for Top Golf on the harbor wink.png

We moved here from Southern California so it was a big adjustment, but I dig the people, food and cheap housing so I can’t complain.

There's not going to be high speed rail to DC. Besides, what are the estimates for high speed rail times? 25 minutes? Guess how long it would take a direct, no stop, regular amtrak from Penn Station? A little less than thirty minutes. And if they fixed the West Baltimore tunnel, it would be more like 25. And you could get more trains through. The infrastructure (including light rail access and parking) is already in place, and it would totally revitalize the Charles Street corridor to have several non stops to DC so people could work there and live in Baltimore. 

They can't even agree on where to put parking for the proposed high speed line. 

I took the train to DC every day for seven years. There are ways to do it and make it work. 

Butchers Hill is nice. The problem with crime in Baltimore is the total randomness of it. There are no safe areas, just safer areas. That makes it different than Chicago. Nobody is getting shot in downtown Chicago in the middle of the week. But in the Inner Harbor? Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
There's not going to be high speed rail to DC. Besides, what are the estimates for high speed rail times? 25 minutes? Guess how long it would take a direct, no stop, regular amtrak from Penn Station? A little less than thirty minutes. And if they fixed the West Baltimore tunnel, it would be more like 25. And you could get more trains through. The infrastructure (including light rail access and parking) is already in place, and it would totally revitalize the Charles Street corridor to have several non stops to DC so people could work there and live in Baltimore. 
They can't even agree on where to put parking for the proposed high speed line. 
I took the train to DC every day for seven years. There are ways to do it and make it work. 
Butchers Hill is nice. The problem with crime in Baltimore is the total randomness of it. There are no safe areas, just safer areas. That makes it different than Chicago. Nobody is getting shot in downtown Chicago in the middle of the week. But in the Inner Harbor? Who knows.

How long ago did you leave if you don’t mind me asking? I hear what you’re saying, and perhaps I’m just too optimistic because I’ve only been here a short time, but I have hope that this city will continue to improve.

11 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

How long ago did you leave if you don’t mind me asking? I hear what you’re saying, and perhaps I’m just too optimistic because I’ve only been here a short time, but I have hope that this city will continue to improve.

It's been about three years. You can get used to a lot of the problems quickly because the city is so historic, interesting and vibrant. But if you pay attention, you will find yourself getting accustomed to things that are not normal and not acceptable. Every time I think Baltimore turns in the right direction, they do something nuts and reset the meter. 

• Like 1