ABIA Expansion Thread

Pasken

The FAA's Calendar Year 2018 enplanement ranking sheet is out. Last year, AUS ranked 33rd with 7,7 million and looks to be on pace for 8.5 million for 2019 (based off Pasken's post above). Regardless as to whether that 2019 figure pans out, AUS looks to surpass DAL next year. BNA is growing really fast too, so it's doubtful Austin will overtake them anytime soon. That said, AUS could overtake HNL and PDX in the next few years and gain designation as a "large hub" (it appears ~10 million enplanements would be the FAA's threshold for that).

https://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_capacity/passenger_allcargo_stats/passenger/media/preliminary-cy18-commercial-service-enplanements.pdf

Interesting to see who Austin is already ahead of:

St. Louis, Hobby, San Jose, New Orleans, Raleigh-Durham, Kansas City, San Antonio, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati.

Edited by bolverk

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

The FAA's Calendar Year 2018 enplanement ranking sheet is out. Last year, AUS ranked 33rd with 7,7 million and looks to be on pace for 8.5 million for 2019 (based off Pasken's post above). Regardless as to whether that 2019 figure pans out, AUS looks to surpass DAL next year. BNA is growing really fast too, so it's doubtful Austin will overtake them anytime soon. That said, AUS could overtake HNL and PDX in the next few years and gain designation as a "large hub" (it appears ~10 million enplanements would be the FAA's threshold for that).

https://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_capacity/passenger_allcargo_stats/passenger/media/preliminary-cy18-commercial-service-enplanements.pdf

St. Louis, Hobby, San Jose, New Orleans, Raleigh-Durham, Kansas City, San Antonio, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati.

The AUS airport growth is way down from what it was last year. Hard to know if that is due to a slow down in the industry or capacity issues.

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

i'm surprised SLC is so high on the list.  is it a factor of them being the only viable in the middle of nowhere?  

44 minutes ago, Pasken said:

The AUS airport growth is way down from what it was last year. Hard to know if that is due to a slow down in the industry or capacity issues.

The grounding of the 737Max8 has eliminated any growth by AUS's largest carrier.  I suspect it might have something to do with that.

KLM to add nonstop flights from Austin to Amsterdam (Schiphol) in May 2020. The service will operate year-round, on a 292-seat Airbus A330-300 on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays - Seating will be available in a three-class cabin configuration: World Business Class (30) Economy Comfort (40), and Economy Class (222)

• Like 2

So does Delta.  There are so many ways to get to New York.  That's not a hard place and itineraries are not that bad either.  But yeah, Boston just got tougher.  I think it'll pick back up again but the compression between Boston and Providence has stunk for new england business travel...I'm the first to acknowledge.  

KLM to add nonstop flights from Austin to Amsterdam (Schiphol) in May 2020. The service will operate year-round, on a 292-seat Airbus A330-300 on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays - Seating will be available in a three-class cabin configuration: World Business Class (30) Economy Comfort (40), and Economy Class (222)

Damn—i missed this news. That’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, Pasken said:

Was wondering when this was going to happen.  London made a lot of sense for BA/OneWorld.  Frankfurt made a lot of sense for Lufthansa/Star Alliance.  The one that makes the most sense for SkyTeam is KLM to Amsterdam, especially with Delta making an investment in Austin.  Been thinking for a year this was going to happen.  Exciting to see.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, Pasken said:

Hopefully this is a long term deal.  Schiphol is one of the better transit airports in the world and KLM has a good rep going back decades.

AUSTIN, TEXAS –The Austin airport had its busiest August ever in 2019 with 1,521,746 passengers traveling through Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. This is an increase of 7.6% over August 2018. Year to date, passenger travel in Austin is up 8.78% compared to 2018 – the airport’s busiest year on record.

August 2019

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for August 2019 was 1,521,746 up 7.6% compared to August 2018. August 2019 enplanements totaled 745,551, up 7.6 %. Southwest Airlines passengers totaled 483,943, up 2.7 %; American Airlines passengers totaled 267,554, up 8.7 %; Delta Air Lines passengers totaled 219,955, up 12.5 %; United Airlines passengers totaled 205,030, down 1%; Frontier Airlines passengers totaled 101,922, down 21.3 %; Spirit Airlines passengers totaled 73,908; Alaska Airlines passengers 53,716, up 11.7 %; JetBlue Airways passengers totaled 45,759, down 10.8 %; British Airways passengers totaled 17,811, up 15.1 %; Allegiant Air passengers totaled 13,378, down 34.9%; Norwegian Air passengers totaled 8,666, up 18.9%; Lufthansa  passengers totaled 8,066; Sun Country Airlines passengers totaled 8,017, up 145%; Air Canada passengers totaled 6,756, up 64.9%; AeroMexico passengers totaled 4,976, up 15.3 % and WestJet passengers totaled 2,289.

August 2019 air cargo totaled 12,475,711 lbs., down 4.52 % compared to August 2018.  International air cargo totaled 1,449,306 lbs., up 18.46 %. Federal Express carried 7,980,834 million lbs., down 9.2%; and United Parcel Service carried 3,420,299 million lbs., up 14.8 %.

Air Services transferred 759,789 lbs. of mail, up 14.08 %; and 1,572,077 lbs. of belly freight, down 10.87 %.

Aircraft Operations: General Aviation operations totaled 3,413, down 22.15 %. Combined operations (including commercial and military) totaled 17,751, down 5.35%.

January - August 2019

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for January – August 2019 was 11,434,493, up 8.78 %, compared to January – August 2018. January – August 2019 enplanements totaled 5,259,357, up 8.74 %. Southwest Airlines passengers totaled 3,897,630, up 5.7%; American Airlines passengers totaled 2,031,964, up 9.8 %; United Airlines passengers totaled 1,645,182, up 6.3 %; Delta Air Lines passengers totaled 1,562,617, up 10.9%; Frontier Airlines passengers totaled 564,007, down 24.3 %; Spirit Airlines passengers totaled 471,974; Alaska Airlines passengers 407,958, up 11.6%; JetBlue Airways passengers totaled 377,092, down 6.0%; Allegiant Air passengers totaled 145,353, down 33%; British Airways passengers totaled 127,789, up 13%; Norwegian Air passengers totaled 48,150, up 21%; Air Canada passengers totaled 47,667, up 52.1%; Lufthansa passengers totaled 34,266;  AeroMexico passengers totaled 30,109, up 0.3 %; Sun Country Airlines passengers totaled 25,689, up 47.7%; WestJet passengers totaled 8,493; VIA Airlines passengers totaled 3,218, down 76.2%; Vacation Express passengers totaled 1,750, down 36.5%; Swift Air passengers totaled 1,557, up 36.3%; Miami Air passengers totaled 869, up 181.2%; Scandinavian Airlines passengers totaled 423, down 39.3%; Volaris passengers totaled 434, down 96%; and Air New Zealand passengers totaled 302.

August 2019 (January – August 2019) air cargo totaled 96,733,060 lbs., down 4.30% compared to August 2018. International air cargo totaled 13,013,145 lbs., down 4.74 %. Federal Express carried 62,714,576 million lbs., down 4.7%; and United Parcel Service carried 25,058,750 million lbs., up 0.8%.

Air Services transferred 6,859,646 lbs. of mail, up 38.52 %; and 14,371,203 lbs. of belly freight, up 9.41 %.

Aircraft Operations: General Aviation operations totaled 27,807 for January – August 2019, down 15.49 %. Combined operations (including commercial and military) totaled 138,310, down 1.77%.

Delta back in 3rd place behind Southwest and American for August.

AugustStats_700.pngd

This on the heels of the new gates in the extern terminal extension finally opening this month. 

Edited by Pasken

Apologies in advance if this update is too boring to everyone but me.

So I got some clarification on the changes TxDot is starting next year on 71 at the Airport:

There will now only be 1 exit from 71 EB to the airport instead of 2 exits at Spirit of Texas and Press Blvd. All airport traffic will exit 71 just after Riverside and a new frontage rd bridge will carry those cars (along with cars coming from the 71 EB frontage from the Riverside bridge) over 183. This new EB frontage road will connect to The Parking Spot and Bergstrom Substation. Traffic will then either stay left for Spirit of Texas Dr or stay right on a new bridge over Spirt of Texas. The frontage then continues to the main airport entrance at Pres Blvd. These changes will decrease merging slowdowns on the 71 mainlanes while not adding any additional traffic lights to airport traffic. Also, there will be a ramp that spurs from the new 183 SB to 71 EB bridge that was just completed that will connect 183 SB airport traffic to the new 71 EB frontage roads and airport entrance. Traffic leaving the Parking Spot will be able to get on 71 EB before Spirit of Texas Dr 

Presumedly, the airport is still planing on eliminating the light at Pres. Blvd but that is not part of TxDot's project.

TLDR: TxDot is putting in a new 71 EB frontage rd that will act as a catch all for Airport traffic.

57 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Of course they're gonna start tearing up that stretch of 71 again.

They won't really have to mess with the 71 mainlanes once the 183 South project finishes next year. It's all going to be new construction next to the highway.

23 hours ago, Pasken said:

Apologies in advance if this update is too boring to everyone but me.

So I got some clarification on the changes TxDot is starting next year on 71 at the Airport:

There will now only be 1 exit from 71 EB to the airport instead of 2 exits at Spirit of Texas and Press Blvd. All airport traffic will exit 71 just after Riverside and a new frontage rd bridge will carry those cars (along with cars coming from the 71 EB frontage from the Riverside bridge) over 183. This new EB frontage road will connect to The Parking Spot and Bergstrom Substation. Traffic will then either stay left for Spirit of Texas Dr or stay right on a new bridge over Spirt of Texas. The frontage then continues to the main airport entrance at Pres Blvd. These changes will decrease merging slowdowns on the 71 mainlanes while not adding any additional traffic lights to airport traffic. Also, there will be a ramp that spurs from the new 183 SB to 71 EB bridge that was just completed that will connect 183 SB airport traffic to the new 71 EB frontage roads and airport entrance. Traffic leaving the Parking Spot will be able to get on 71 EB before Spirit of Texas Dr 

Presumedly, the airport is still planing on eliminating the light at Pres. Blvd but that is not part of TxDot's project.

TLDR: TxDot is putting in a new 71 EB frontage rd that will act as a catch all for Airport traffic.

This actually sounds like a good idea.

Spirit announced Oct. 9 it would start flying nonstop in early 2020 from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to Nashville, the Tennessee capital; Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey; and Cancun, Mexico.

By Daniel Salazar  – Staff Writer, Austin Business Journal

45 minutes ago
Spirit Airlines is the Austin airport's ascendent budget carrier — and it's making moves to add to that momentum.

Spirit announced Oct. 9 it would start flying nonstop in early 2020 from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to Nashville, the Tennessee capital; Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey; and Cancun, Mexico.

That will give Spirit 13 nonstop routes to and from Austin. The airline in February launched eight routes out of ABIA and and added two more in May, although all Spirit destinations from Austin are served by at least one other carrier.

"We're happy with what we're seeing in Austin," said John Kirby, Spirit's vice president of network planning. "Austin is clearly exceeding our expectations or we wouldn't be adding additional nonstop service."

"If we continue to see strong performance, we'll continue to add additional frequencies and new destinations," he added.

Through August, Spirit Airlines had flown 471,974 passengers through Austin-Bergstrom this year, according to recent airport data. Among low-cost carriers, that's still behind Frontier Airlines, which handled 564,007 passengers. But Frontier traffic was down 24% year-over-year through August, and another low-cost carrier, Allegiant, saw its traffic fall 33% during the same period. Both Frontier and Allegiant have cut some nonstop flights out of Austin.

Nonstop flights between Austin and Cancun on Spirit — four times per week — will start Feb. 26. Daily nonstop service to Nashville and Newark will begin March 26.

Spirit will also increase the number of flights per week on one of its current routes between Austin and Orlando starting on Feb. 26.

Kirby said Cancun and Nashville, with their respective beaches and music credentials, speak for themselves as destination markets. But he added that Spirit's new Austin-Newark service is intended as a low-fare replacement to Southwest Airlines service on that route.

Southwest announced over the summer it would stop flying into Newark this fall in order to consolidate New York City-area operations at LaGuardia Airport, partly because of the extended grounding of the Boeing 737 Max aircraft.

Spirit had a "market interest" in the route before Southwest's decision, Kirby said, but "with Southwest announcing that they're leaving ... it became more compelling."

Spirit received at least $1.7 million in incentives during its first several months operating at Austin-Bergstrom, more than any other airline through seven months of public records this year.

"While we never make a route decision based on incentives ... that initial incentive" is critical, Kirby said.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, Armybrat said:

Just don’t mess with my access to Fast Park.

What? You don't like parking in the ABIA garages that are a 10+ minute walk from terminal, through construction areas, without updated signage to point you to the designated path to the terminal but rather straight into a wooden barricade, which change so frequently that your path TO the terminal is likely to be different than your path FROM the terminal when you get back two days later? Because that's what happened to me in the blue garage last week. Took me almost 30 minutes to get to my truck even though I could literally fucking see it for the last 20 minutes of my adventure. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2 more new gates of the new extension are online! That means we are only 1 gate opening away from finishing the big eastern terminal extension. Once that happens, Delta should have 4 domestic gates exclusively along with sharing the international gates. 

Have they improved the international gate where the BA flights to & from London “park”?

Last year we had to walk through the longest access tunnel I’ve ever been through to get on the plane, then upon returning It was a heckuva chore pushing her wheelchair back up to the customs hall.

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Have they improved the international gate where the BA flights to & from London “park”?

Last year we had to walk through the longest access tunnel I’ve ever been through to get on the plane, then upon returning It was a heckuva chore pushing her wheelchair back up to the customs hall.

Those temporary construction stinger gates are gone. You now walk through a normal length gate in the new East terminal extension.

7 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah Norwegian sucks.

Small sample size, but I didn't have any issues when I took the direct to London right after it started operating.  They nickel and dime you for things that are included on other airlines, but if you can deal with that it's a decent option IMO.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 7:22 AM, Armybrat said:

Not only that, but premiums get to board from gate 2. Poors gate 4. 

it’s now a super comfortable experience instead of resembling the line to ride space mountain at Disneyland. That whole section of Abia is great. 

However, the 747 that BA uses on the route is garbage. It’s so old I feel like I should be able to smoke cigs and grab stewardess ass. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Not only that, but premiums get to board from gate 2. Poors gate 4. 

it’s now a super comfortable experience instead of resembling the line to ride space mountain at Disneyland. That whole section of Abia is great. 

However, the 747 that BA uses on the route is garbage. It’s so old I feel like I should be able to smoke cigs and grab stewardess ass. 

I think the plan is to retire all the 747-400s by 2023.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:59 AM, HenryJames said:

Yeah Norwegian sucks.

I'm thinking of using Norwegian to fly to Spain next summer, but hesitating because they are close to bankruptcy. I'm wondering if they are offering all these cheap new routes because they need immediate cash. Anybody have info on their status?

I'm thinking of using Norwegian to fly to Spain next summer, but hesitating because they are close to bankruptcy. I'm wondering if they are offering all these cheap new routes because they need immediate cash. Anybody have info on their status?

We flew Norwegian to Gatwick, and then from Copenhagen to LAX last year. And I did check on the status and due dates of their debt when I booked. I’d check that. As for the flights, they were fine. Sure, the wife and daughter paid extra for hot sandwiches on board, but whatever. Maybe $15 each extra for all the snacks they got.

• 2 weeks later...

New Master plan isn't approved but Port has started setting up the projects and looking for engineers. Right now they've started:

-New roadway design for arrivals/departures for new terminal building

-New roadway project to get rid of traffic light at 71 and Pres Blvd

-New Taxiways to accommodate the new center concourse

They seem confident the master plan is going to be approved and want to get the procedure shit setup asap. First work on the new project is suppose to be demolishing the short term parking garage (garage #1) in a little over a year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The final gate in the airport terminal extension project is open!

-Five concessionaire concepts have opened at the Austin airport, including a CNBC News store, InMotion electronics, Jugo smoothies, XpresSpa and Vino Volo East.

-New Million Air fixed based operation is now operational.

CNBC News, InMotion and Jugo open

The CNBC News store opened on Nov. 4  just beyond Gate 12 and is open daily from 4 a.m. to 9 p.m. The news store, which is operated by Lagardère Travel Retail, offers snacks, beverages, and basic travel items, as well as magazines, newsstand and gift items.  

InMotion, a cutting-edge premium electronics store, is now open near Gate 15. The store brings electronic brands such as Apple, Beats by Dr. Dre, Bose, GoPro, Sony and others directly to flying passengers. Other tech products offered include noise-cancelling and wireless headphones, speakers, tablets, portable power chargers, mobile accessories, digital action cameras and fitness trackers. The 715 square-foot location is open daily from 5 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Jugo is a new smoothie bar located near Gate 8. In the 886 square-foot space, Jugo’s counters have a white marble and oak wood finish. Jugo is known for its healthy concoctions, grab-and-go food items, and coffee. Jugo is open daily from 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

All gates operational in 9-gate expansion

Another milestone was met in the expansion of the Barbara Jordan Terminal. All 12 gates—including those that were relocated from the existing terminal—are now operational in the expansion. The expansion included the build of nine additional gates and the relocation of other existing gates.

In addition to those that were just completed, amenities and concession operators open in the expansion include: Delta’s Sky Lounge, Vino Volo East, The Austin Chronical, Caffé Medici and Toy Joy / Yummi Joy. Restaurants and concepts still under construction include: Parkside Restaurant, Salvation Pizza, the Duty Free Shop, 24 Hour Diner and Austin City Kitchen (Austin City Kitchen will house Austin Beer Drop, Hardies Fresh Foods Market, Noble Sandwich Co., Sushi-A-Go-Go and Zocalo Café.).

New Vino Volo East includes live music performance stage

Vino Volo Wine Lounge & Restaurant opened its second location in AUS, which includes a live music performance stage. The new Vino Volo East is located between Gates 6 and 8. Vino Volo has a comforting wine cellar design with decorative barrels throughout the 1,371 square-foot restaurant and bar. The space also has wide, wooden beams along the ceiling with spotlighting and multiple wine displays for showcased wines.

The original Vino Volo West location near Gate 22 is currently under construction for renovations. It is estimated to be complete and reopen by the end of 2019.

XpresSpa / The Joint offers Austin travelers spa, chiropractic care

XpresSpa is teaming up with The Joint Chiropractic at two locations at the Austin airport. There are locations both upstairs and downstairs across from the Salt Lick BBQ at Gate 21. In addition, there is a single location downstairs across from Second Bar + Kitchen between Gates 15 and 16.  XpresSpa has created high-functioning areas around stairwells that accommodate massage chairs and nail salon workstations. Merchandise is available to purchase and includes neck pillows and nail polish. XpresSpa also has an enclosed upstairs lounge for chiropractic appointments and massages to be administered in a quiet, comfortable space.

Million Air FBO opens for general aviation, charter and private aircrafts

New fixed based operator (FBO) Million Air Austin is now open and operating at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Million Air provides general aviation terminals, hangars, and maintenance and fuel facilities for corporate and private aircrafts. Located adjacent to the 9,000-foot east runway, the FBO offers excellent airside access. Million Air joins two other FBOs located at AUS: Atlantic Aviation Services and Signature Flight Support. Million Air is located at 4801 Emma Browning Ave and offers a hospitality bar, seven acres of ramp space with a 14,500 square-foot FBO, with an aircraft canopy. More information can be found here.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the gate breakdown of full leases vs shared gates going forward post expansion. Delta only has 4 full-time gates which is underwhelming after all the hype but they are using 1-6 every now and then as overflow gates.

BJ Terminal

01) SHARED INT
02) SHARED INT
03) SHARED INT
04) SHARED INT
05) SHARED INT
06) SHARED INT
07) Delta
08) Delta
09) Delta
10) Delta
11) SHARED
12) JetBlue
13) Hardstand (Not Used)
14) Southwest
15) Southwest
16) Southwest
17) Southwest
18) Southwest
19) Southwest
20) Southwest
21) Southwest
22) SHARED
23) American
24) American
25) United
26) American
27) United
28) American
29) United
30) American
31) United
32) SHARED
33) United
34) SHARED

South Terminal (Allegiant, Frontier, 

S1) SHARED
S2) SHARED
S3) SHARED

• 2 weeks later...

For a rolling twelve month period, the airport has now exceeded 17 million passengers.

spacer.png

AUSTIN, TEXAS – Robust passenger numbers tied to the busy fall festival season set new records in October with 1,571,056 passengers traveling through Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, the third busiest month in airport history. This was a 9.5% increase compared to October 2018. Overall for the year, passenger traffic is up 9.27%, with 14,419,259 travelers choosing to Fly Austin so far in 2019.

October 2019

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for October 2019 was 1,571,056 up 9.5% compared to October 2018. October 2019 enplanements totaled 778,307, up 9.02%. Southwest Airlines passengers totaled 518,431, up 4.5%;American Airlines passengers totaled 276,896, up 3.6%; United Airlines passengers totaled 226,791, up 9.1%; Delta Air Lines passengers totaled 212,138, up 13.2%; Frontier Airlines passengers totaled 100,085, down 18.9%; Spirit Airlines passengers totaled 72,749; Alaska Airlines passengers 59,889, up 19.2%; JetBlue Airways passengers totaled 46,448, down 0.6%; British Airways passengers totaled 15,784, down 1.4%; Allegiant Air passengers totaled 9,121, down 42.4%;  Lufthansa  passengers totaled 7,817; Air Canada passengers totaled 7,055, up 46.4%; Norwegian Air passengers totaled 6,835, down 0.2%; AeroMexico passengers totaled 4,720, up 35.3%; Sun Country Airlinespassengers totaled 3,458, down 12.2%; WestJet passengers totaled 2,129; Miami Air passengers totaled 546, up 16% and VivaAerobus passengers totaled 164.

October 2019 air cargo totaled 14,340,180 lbs., down 10.9% compared to October 2018.  International air cargo totaled 1,757,113 lbs., down 56.76%. Federal Express carried 8,078,322 lbs., down 7.1%; and United Parcel Service carried 3,381,262 lbs., up 13.9%.

Air Services transferred 972,494 lbs. of mail, up 46.57%; and 2,029,573lbs. of belly freight, up 5.75%.

Aircraft Operations: General Aviation operations totaled 4,237, down 1.94%. Combined operations (including commercial and military) totaled 19,032, up 2.39%.

January – October 2019

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for January – October 2019 was 14,419,259, up 9.27%, compared to January – October 2018. January –October 2019 enplanements totaled 7,201,282, up 9.21%. Southwest Airlinespassengers totaled 4,868,731, up 5.6%; American Airlines passengers totaled 2,563,464, up 9.6%; United Airlines passengers totaled 2,067,451, up 6.6 %; Delta Air Lines passengers totaled 1,969,517, up 11.7 %; Frontier Airlinespassengers totaled 757,590, down 22.8%; Spirit Airlines passengers totaled 614,457; Alaska Airlines passengers 523,496, up 13.5%; JetBlue Airways passengers totaled 471,573, down 3.8 %; British Airways passengers totaled 158,202, up 9.8%; Allegiant Air passengers totaled 157,597, down 35.2%; Norwegian Air passengers totaled 62,435, up 15.4%; Air Canada passengers totaled 61,273, up 53.5%; Lufthansa passengers totaled 50,222;  AeroMexicopassengers totaled 38,306, up 7.5%; Sun Country Airlines passengers totaled 32,646, up 38.4%; WestJet passengers totaled 12,746; VIA Airlines passengers totaled 3,218, down 82.9%; Swift Air passengers totaled 1,847, down 3.8%;  Vacation Express passengers totaled 1,750, down 36.5%; Miami Air passengers totaled 1,415, up 81.6%; Volarispassengers totaled 434, down 96.7%; Scandinavian Airlines passengers totaled 423, down 39.3%; Air New Zealandpassengers totaled 302 and VivaAerobus passengers totaled 164.

January – October 2019 air cargo totaled 122,050,105 lbs., down 5.7% compared to January - October 2018. International air cargo totaled 16,335,232 lbs., down 14.49%. Federal Express carried 77,678,680 lbs., down 5.8%; and United Parcel Service carried 31,565,713 lbs., up 2.1%.

Air Services transferred 8,669,512 lbs. of mail, up 38.71%; and 18,028,348 lbs. of belly freight, up 7.92%.

Aircraft Operations: General Aviation operations totaled 35,973 for January – October 2019, down 11.67%. Combined operations (including commercial and military) totaled 174,904, down 0.77%.

Edited by Pasken

2 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Assuming our December numbers stay at or above last year’s and neither Love nor Hobby have a crazy jump, that would put ABIA at #3 in the state only behing DFW and Intercontinental.  

Pretty dang impressive.  

impressive?  it’s gonna be either san antonio or abia.  and we won, I guess.  the city of san antonio is a lot bigger so I guess it’s kind of impressive.  maybe. 

4 hours ago, futureman said:

impressive?  it’s gonna be either san antonio or abia.  and we won, I guess.  the city of san antonio is a lot bigger so I guess it’s kind of impressive.  maybe. 

Well, yea, and Hobby and Love like I just mentioned in my two sentence post.  

Just a couple years ago we were several million passengers a year behind both.  

• Like 1