My LSU @ Texas Analysis: The Overview

sushihorn

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You aren’t paying attention. Or you’re too dense to understand what we’re telling you. 

You're just making excuses for a bad second half performance by Texas. I get it though, you want to protect your team.

• Fuck You 6

TEXAS SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN LIMITED BY KSU.
Look, all I'm saying is most good teams try to protect a second half lead by RUNNING the ball. It kills the clock while keeping the defense fresh. 
All I'm saying is that Texas was unable to do that against KSU. Again, it was a 19 - 14 game with 10 min. in the 4th quarter.  

LSU shouldn’t have struggled against Arkansas, aggy or UCF.

See how that works?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kelevra said:

Look, all I'm saying is most good teams try to protect a second half lead by RUNNING the ball. It kills the clock while keeping the defense fresh. 

All I'm saying is that Texas was unable to do that against KSU. Again, it was a 19 - 14 game with 10 min. in the 4th quarter.  

You're first paragraph is correct.  What you're missing is that 2018 Texas was a team that passed to open up the run.  When Herman deliberately limited his own passing attack, that concept no longer worked.  Then you get the 2nd half @KSU.

I understand that your team and most of their conference mates take the opposite approach.  They run first to force the defense to over-commit to the box.  THEN they throw over the top.  Texas did not do that.  They probably could not do that last year.  The last 2 coaching changes left hot garbage on the OL.  In 2017 the line was marginal and that was an IMPROVEMENT.  In 2018 they moved up to average.  I expect them to be above average and maybe even good in 2019.

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

LSU shouldn’t have struggled against Arkansas, aggy or UCF.

See how that works?

True, in regards to Arkansas and A&M. We're better than that. 

For UCF, half of our defense was literally out that game. We had WRs playing CB. I'll happily take that W.

• Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, Kelevra said:

And we finished the game with a 7-minute drive, running the ball at will. KSU couldn’t get the ball back. Herman did what he wanted and we won. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kelevra said:

You're just making excuses for a bad second half performance by Texas. I get it though, you want to protect your team.

And you’ll be making excuses for your statuesque QB as he fishes his helmet out of his ass hole come September. 

Herman stopped throwing the ball because he had a lead. It’s what he does. No need to risk turnovers or big plays. When he did that, KSU stacked the box. It wasn’t pretty, but it won the game. 

True, in regards to Arkansas and A&M. We're better than that. 
For UCF, half of our defense was literally out that game. We had WRs playing CB. I'll happily take that W.

So stop huffing swamp gas thibodeaux. So you want to keep on this k-state bullshit you are on, but your supposed bad ass team gets a pass for struggling with Arkansas? Haha didn’t they win 2 games last year? And fucking aggy?? Aggy, think about that. Y’all couldn’t finish the job in regulation or one of the 7 overtime’s.

Fuck off.
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So stop huffing swamp gas thibodeaux. So you want to keep on this k-state bullshit you are on, but your supposed bad ass team gets a pass for struggling with Arkansas? Haha didn’t they win 2 games last year? And fucking aggy?? Aggy, think about that. Y’all couldn’t finish the job in regulation or one of the 7 overtime’s.

Fuck off.

Honest question. Who had a tougher schedule last year?

How were those games against Maryland, Baylor, and Tulsa?

• Fuck You 13

Holy fucking shit. That asshole and his trolling schtick as more pathetic than his team's road performance, but y'all dumbasses are eating it up. 

Stop. Feeding. Trolls.

If nothing will do but you hafta respond, find out how badly the trolls think they're gonna beat us, or at least how much of a wager the trolls are willing to lay - points or odds, don't give a fuck. Make them bet or fuck off. 

Stop. Feeding. Trolls.

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

How were the games against Arkansas, ucf, aggy, Mississippi State?

Lol. You're not going to answer the question?

Outside of Ark, all these teams were ranked last season. But hey.

A&M was the only loss.

• Fuck You 9

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Holy fucking shit. That asshole and his trolling schtick as more pathetic than his team's road performance, but y'all dumbasses are eating it up. 

Stop. Feeding. Trolls.

If nothing will do but you hafta respond, find out how badly the trolls think they're gonna beat us, or at least how much of a wager the trolls are willing to lay - points or odds, don't give a fuck. Make them bet or fuck off. 

Stop. Feeding. Trolls.

Speaking of road performances, Maryland says what's up. You had that coming.

Edited by Kelevra
edit
  • Fuck You 12

7 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Stop. Feeding. Trolls.

Stop. Feeding. Trolls.

I gave him every chance to be reasonable and he failed like a Darwin Award winner.  Been a while since we had a good jihad on surly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kelevra said:

It was a lot of dink and dunk passing. Texas only ran for 40 yds in the 2nd half. 

With 6:20 left in the game, we had a 10 play drive, running the ball 8 of 10 times. The final 7 plays were all runs. Two of those runs were victory formation, kneel-down losses of two yards each. The five plays before the two kneel downs were all runs for a total of 28 yards. We did what the fuck we wanted.

31 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

I gave him every chance to be reasonable and he failed like a Darwin Award winner.  Been a while since we had a good jihad on surly.

C'mon...I called you out on that soft BS analysis and it turned into this. The truth is, outside Ehlinger, LJ and  few starters on defense you really don't know what your team is, that's the reality. They're all good "on paper", but they haven't proved anything on the field.  

I'm not here to hate on Texas, I just call it like I see it. To be fair, you can say the same thing about LSU's offense. LSU is moving to a spread, that all sounds good especially with a returning QB, 4 & 5-star backs, a returning WR corp, new passing coord. in Joe Brady. But until they do it on the field it's an unknown. Might be great, might be shit. I don't PRETEND to know.

Our defense is solidified. 

• Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Kelevra said:

C'mon...I called you out on that soft BS analysis and it turned into this. The truth is, outside Ehlinger, LJ and  few starters on defense you really don't know what your team is, that's the reality. They're all good "on paper", but they haven't proved anything on the field.  

I'm not here to hate on Texas, I just call it like I see it. To be fair, you can say the same thing about LSU's offense. LSU is moving to a spread, that all sounds good especially with a returning QB, 4 & 5-star backs, a returning WR corp, new passing coord. in Joe Brady. But until they do it on the field it's an unknown. Might be great, might be shit. I don't PRETEND to know.

Our defense is solidified. 

LJ is gone and we gained 2 dynamic players y'all haven't heard of yet to replace him. Pretty much everyone else is returning on offense , we know exactly what to expect from that unit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

I understand that your team and most of their conference mates take the opposite approach.  They run first to force the defense to over-commit to the box.  THEN they throw over the top.  Texas did not do that.  They probably could not do that last year.  

This.

Hopefully that changes this year. 

2 hours ago, Kelevra said:

Speaking of bad second half performances.. How does our little blacksheep wart infested retarded brothers dick taste?

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Clearly we have Aggies showing up and slapping LSU avatars on their new accounts to talk shit. 

Which really fits, if you think about it, since Aggies are at their strongest when they're hiding under the SEC's skirt. 

Wait 'til you see the billboards planned for Baton Rouge this fall...

Resistance Is Futile

You're being annexed

To AGILAND.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, sushihorn said:

Over the past several days I queued up 9 posts from this thread to form a reply to this dude while complementing a number of other astute takes, but then it hit me just now with your darwin applique.

Kyrie's straight talk was getting worrisome.  Then a consensus-reality mouthbreather shows up.  It's going to be a bitch of a game.  But it's good to know some percentage of their fans really do believe Georgia didn't want to be there.

Haven't seen mentioned yet: we are 9-1-7 against them.

The decidedly apt comparison for coach o and his counterpart of farmer fran in the waterboy makes sense. The divergence is that the farmer Fran character is the head coach and coach Klein is the assistant. Neither will be able to understand each other for shit and there will be a tremendous amount that is just purely unintelligible between them.

The new offense will be interesting to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's holdout report has CB Fulton, RB Edwards-Helaire and 2 others out.  Those 2 are S Delpit and one of their best pass rushers Chaisson - both of whom have been out for most or all of LSU's fall camp.

ILB Starks and JUCO DE Fonua appear to be on hold with the clearinghouse still.

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

I imagine they all play come week 2

Probably. But they're missing a fuck ton of practice time and missed chances to be in game shape. That ain't nothin' in the grand scheme of things for week two. Chaisson basically hasn't practiced in what, a year? Not sure if he practiced in the Spring for them, but I'm assuming not. Delpit gonna Delpit but if these guys are having to leave the field for air or play limited snaps, or better yet, are winded and get torched a couple times, that's huge. 

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably. But they're missing a fuck ton of practice time and missed chances to be in game shape. That ain't nothin' in the grand scheme of things for week two. Chaisson basically hasn't practiced in what, a year? Not sure if he practiced in the Spring for them, but I'm assuming not. Delpit gonna Delpit but if these guys are having to leave the field for air or play limited snaps, or better yet, are winded and get torched a couple times, that's huge. 

Chaisson's been out a week, not the entirety of camp.

both will be back before the end of this week.

5 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

stayed out as a precaution, but he was finished with rehab...

So my initial point remains, which is that the guy basically hasn't participated in football related activities in a year, where conditioning and reps absolutely matter. But, ok man, I'm sure that missing 30-50% of fall practice when he hasn't done football activities in over a year is no big deal.