painting and power washing

Well you could paint then powerwash... but then you would be posting on TexAgs....

Power wash, let dry. Then paint.  I would do the lighter rail first then the porch.  Usually you paint the edges that touch with the darker color to "cut in" clean lines.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

With an approved concrete floor paint ?  Just haven't seen yellow floor paint before.  I like the idea.

kinda ghey, but it's where my tastes lay. Bought a home with canary yellow aluminum siding. Put up a white picket fence. Think it will look good. 

I will make a suggestion, paint the concrete a very light grey.  It will hide dirt a LOT better than the yellow first off.  And it will make the railing and yellow siding pop.  I think you are gonna be overwhelmed with the yellow, and it's gonna be a bitch to keep clean enough not look dirty as hell.

ALSO - the key to painting is preperation!!!  Repair any wood rot, and caulk the crap out of every seam and joint you can find. One cool resource that is fun to play with is there is a design area at Sherwin Williams where you can plug in different paint colors to see how they look together. It's a great resource, and you can even scan in your own photo if you want to see what your place will look like. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer

I also always but small samples to paint some spots or sample boards just to see how the colors look together.  I like yellow's honestly but they are too strong for most folks.  Of course you inherited your color.  The main thing I would do is try to find what color is closest to your existing siding.  That way whatever paints you do pick out look great.  My last suggestion is that you need to understand there are all sorts of shades of white.  I usually grab 3 or 4 of the sample chips and make a bigger chip for comparison.  I think that for me personally I get a better look at the paint when I take a few steps back. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, horn4life said:

I will make a suggestion, paint the concrete a very light grey.  It will hide dirt a LOT better than the yellow first off.  And it will make the railing and yellow siding pop.  I think you are gonna be overwhelmed with the yellow, and it's gonna be a bitch to keep clean enough not look dirty as hell.

ALSO - the key to painting is preperation!!!  Repair any wood rot, and caulk the crap out of every seam and joint you can find. One cool resource that is fun to play with is there is a design area at Sherwin Williams where you can plug in different paint colors to see how they look together. It's a great resource, and you can even scan in your own photo if you want to see what your place will look like. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer

I also always but small samples to paint some spots or sample boards just to see how the colors look together.  I like yellow's honestly but they are too strong for most folks.  Of course you inherited your color.  The main thing I would do is try to find what color is closest to your existing siding.  That way whatever paints you do pick out look great.  My last suggestion is that you need to understand there are all sorts of shades of white.  I usually grab 3 or 4 of the sample chips and make a bigger chip for comparison.  I think that for me personally I get a better look at the paint when I take a few steps back. 

Thank you, love the "paint gray" idea and I will think about a dark color for porch, but I'm single,dogs are in backyard,so I think I may just choose to maintain it. Yellow is loud ,but house is smaller and entirely covered in canary yellow aluminum siding, loud,  so I think it works. Porch<60 sq ft. Concrete floor only w/handrail. Basic house, I put a white picket fence around front yard and will use same flat barn and fence paint on railing which is a 2x4 simple frame.

Edited by Nolacycling