The Craziest Scam Story I've Come Across

Storm the Field

This one's got everything:

A brilliant but embarrassingly naive Harvard Law Professor as the main victim. 

His ex-wife (who he still lived with platonically) and his children as collateral victims.

A ruthless and manipulative rich lesbian and her transsexual accomplice/lover as the culprits.

Title IX insanity.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harvard has yet to decide Hay’s fate, but according to multiple off-the-record sources, Hay has already run afoul of investigators for reaching out to journalists (namely me), which they view as an act of retaliation. Harvard has also required Hay to undergo “coaching” for boundary issues.

“I don’t blame Harvard for initially taking the side of the women,” Hay says, “but after presenting them with all this evidence — these people aren’t who they say they are.” The women declined to speak on the record for this story, but, through their lawyer, they denied most of Hay’s account, calling it “a fantastical tale that conjures stereotypes and nativist tropes to exact revenge against Mischa Haider for filing a Title IX complaint against him.”

The article is about mental illness, because virtually everyone involved is totally nuts.

Also, the comments section was entertaining (once Mr. Enid Coleslaw showed up.)

• Like 1

I can’t believe I read the whole thing. I was waiting for more of a bigger reveal about the scam. It was a bit of a letdown.

Maybe it’s because I’ve dated a batshit woman before. For anyone who hasn’t, it could be shocking what they’re capable of. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would you say most have never left the school environment?  Elementary-middle-high-undergrad-grad-teaching?

Yes.  Business school profs often have some real world experience as analysts, bankers, accountants, etc, but it’s still pretty limited. 

Law school profs like the guy in the article often go to law school, then clerk for a judge for a short time and then enter academia. 

That story seems far from over. That's him talking to a reporter for now to get in front. But he's a dumbass and there's a long way to go. Feel bad for the the family and especially the kids. (all of them)

Very fucked up but will be a good movie someday

That guy makes me embarrassed to be a man let alone a thinking human.  How incredible stupid and naive do you have to be to allow the shit to have gone beyond I'm pregnant, and you're the father when you're basically shooting blanks.

Giving someone your lap top and your passwords ?  

I had to stop reading after the cops made him walk away from his house the 2 when had scammed him out of in the lease arrangement . Gonna make a great movie though.

Jeebus.... Harvard......

31 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That guy makes me embarrassed to be a man let alone a thinking human.  How incredible stupid and naive do you have to be to allow the shit to have gone beyond I'm pregnant, and you're the father when you're basically shooting blanks.

Giving someone your lap top and your passwords ?  

I had to stop reading after the cops made him walk away from his house the 2 when had scammed him out of in the lease arrangement . Gonna make a great movie though.

Jeebus.... Harvard......

andyking.jpg

This is basically a slow-motion "Don't fall in love with the stripper, son. She just wants your money. It's her job, dumbass" cautionary tale writ large. 

Zacks pushed Hay to ask for a paternity test, but Hay wouldn't have it. Not only did he trust Shuman, he felt it would have been insulting for a heterosexual cisgender man to question a professed lesbian as to whether she'd had sex with other men. He believed her when she said her sexual relationship with him was an exception.

If anyone needs hormone therapy, it is guys like this. Goodness, man the F up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think we may have found the most desparate man on the planet.

I think it is a club, the end of the story discusses that there are others who they have duped (or tried to). 
So what this proves to me is that going to Harvard, and even being a Harvard professor doesn't necessarily mean you know a damned thing about the world and the craziness that exists all around us.

Dude is clearly on the spectrum. And I'll bet mommy bad touched him growing up.

This reads like someone who has no idea how anything in the world works other than his tiny little sliver in which his brain excels. Everything else is that of about a 12 or 13 year old child. 

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's not that he's shooting blanks -- he's not even shooting.

Zacks pushed Hay to ask for a paternity test, but Hay wouldn’t have it. Not only did he trust Shuman, he felt it would have been insulting for a heterosexual cisgender man to question a professed lesbian as to whether she’d had sex with other men. He believed her when she said her sexual relationship with him was an exception.

giphy.gif

After reading that, dude 100% got what he deserved. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Nothing devalues the Ivy League like meeting somebody with an Ivy League degree.

Says the guy from a self-proclaimed "little ivy".

Some of these comments you guys are making are downright hilarious. Also, what is the point of sex if you aren't shooting, as someone termed it. Seems like a frustrating endeavor. 

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

Academically speaking. It seems pretty clear as others have suggested that he's probably got a touch of the Aspergers at a minimum, with world-class gullibility thrown in.

He's definitely on the spectrum -- the Moron Spectrum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exhibit eleventy billion in support of the proposition that just because you're really smart about subject X, that has NO bearing on whether you're smart/capable/qualified/have a lick of common sense with respect to subject Y.

Indeed, professors are probably the archetype of that exhibit -- they know a crapload about their narrow subject matter, but often don't have enough sense to avoid pissing into a 50 mph wind.

Layer on the fact that smart people are often the MOST gullible, because they know they're smart, ergo, they can't possibly be gullible.  That creates a GIANT blind spot for them....which a decent conman/woman can exploit like hell.

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Exhibit eleventy billion in support of the proposition that just because you're really smart about subject X, that has NO bearing on whether you're smart/capable/qualified/have a lick of common sense with respect to subject Y.

Indeed, professors are probably the archetype of that exhibit -- they know a crapload about their narrow subject matter, but often don't have enough sense to avoid pissing into a 50 mph wind.

Layer on the fact that smart people are often the MOST gullible, because they know they're smart, ergo, they can't possibly be gullible.  That creates a GIANT blind spot for them....which a decent conman/woman can exploit like hell.

It's a clear delineation between actually being "smart", and just being a glorified SME 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

100%. The amount of very "successful" (ie. rich, well educated) people I have encountered that have little to no common sense is beyond frightening. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

13 hours ago, MrBig said:

I can’t believe I read the whole thing. I was waiting for more of a bigger reveal about the scam. It was a bit of a letdown.

Maybe it’s because I’ve dated a batshit woman before. For anyone who hasn’t, it could be shocking what they’re capable of. 

Yup4