Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Other Good Stuff

Seasick Sailor

• 2 weeks later...
Damn I had been wondering about Scott Miller.  Talked to him shortly in Dallas many years ago.  First heard him from Amtrak Crescent and then so forth.  We had a short laugh because I actually owned a Chevy Citation in high school.
Loved Scott since his V-Roys days. Red Ball Express is a fantastic song.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

BJ Barham's solo act is about as entertaining as you can get. Half music half comedy show. Plus, his voice continues to get stronger as time goes along.

I wouldn't have pegged him as a particularly funny guy, but I definitely would enjoy this.  His solo album was really solid.

I wouldn't have pegged him as a particularly funny guy, but I definitely would enjoy this.  His solo album was really solid.
I took two friends who had no idea who he was and they came away fans. Honestly, the time was halfway split between music and stories. Great crowd interaction. I wish I had stayed for the second show to compare them. But it didn't come off as canned story telling.

7 minutes ago, hullabelew said:
17 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I took two friends who had no idea who he was and they came away fans. Honestly, the time was halfway split between music and stories. Great crowd interaction. I wish I had stayed for the second show to compare them. But it didn't come off as canned story telling.

Almost sounds like a Todd Snider show, but more structured.

1 hour ago, harold said:

I got two for Irving with the citcard presale.  Seats were already pretty picked over and they don't go public until Friday.

Yeah with fucking Ticketmaster, I pretty much don't even try the pre-sales any more. All of the tickets are shit no matter how early you get in on "pre-sales."  I just bite the bullet and go to StubHub.

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

My wife got a couple in the balcony for the Houston show at White Oak. I'm getting old, so I need that shorter bathroom line. Also, I didn't ask who it was through, but holy hell the service fees for tickets were ridiculous - $17 per ticket for GA and $29 per ticket for balcony.

Same experience here.  Thought, I'll do balcony, it's not an insane amount more.  Those service fees were a surprise

Anyone ever heard of Lost Dog Street Band? I was listening to Tyler Childers radio on Google Play at work today and came across one of their songs and got hooked on them. Their stuff is great, it's a husband and wife duo, they play real stripped down folksy stuff. The singer Benjamin Tod has some solo stuff as well that's also really good.

Lost Dog Street Band-Carry On

Benjamin Tod-Using Again

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 6:51 PM, justinjc7 said:

Anyone ever heard of Lost Dog Street Band? I was listening to Tyler Childers radio on Google Play at work today and came across one of their songs and got hooked on them. Their stuff is great, it's a husband and wife duo, they play real stripped down folksy stuff. The singer Benjamin Tod has some solo stuff as well that's also really good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been loving them too!  I went to go see my friend The Hill Country Devil (second vid on this post) open a show for them a while back and had to leave before they played, but have gotten hooked on them since anyway. The GemsonVHS youtube channel is a treasure trove of mostly unknown and mostly incredible songwriters.

36 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I just heard this on the radio:

Does that mean:

A) Mainstream Country has turned the corner?

OR

B) Cody Jinks has sold out?

I didn't dig "Lifers" as much as his other work.  It's maybe a little bit of each.  That song is definitely a little more pop.

25 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

How cool is this?

The coolest part is down the thread, where someone points out that this is hanging in the wall in Studio A.  Which means Jason's probably back in the studio.  Which makes sense as we're 2 years out from Nashville Sound already.

• Like 1