Adrian Peterson broke?

GhostOfTomJoad

On 7/25/2019 at 7:32 AM, 52-80 said:

long answer short, theyre ignorant and stupid

This is pretty much the only thing that needs to be said. The world is full of smart fuckers figuring out to make money off of all of the dumb fuckers. That won't ever change. 

Professions that don't require a lot of smarts to succeed (athlete, actor, musician, model, etc....) will be full of people that will blow all of their earnings. I guarantee that every rookie in the NFL gets the lecture about gold diggers multiple times, but that doesn't stop the Adrian Petersons of the world from shooting a load in every broad they can. He's just that fucking stupid. You could give him another $50mil and he would blow that as well. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 2:50 AM, ButtFumble said:

plus a bit off topic, but I am not a big fan of the idea that because a parent is rich the kid deserves a rich level of support that makes a lot of these athletes targets I think a much better idea is set an amount (a pretty high one) that it cost to pay for a kid and then do the best you can to hit that amount including the above annuity that pays that amount monthly then the parent can decide if they want their kid to lead a richer life style.....but one baby momma (or more) does not need to have HER lifestyle subsidized because she managed to get fucked raw by someone that is rich the rich parent needs to have a say in the lifestyle of their child after a HIGH minimum level of support is funded

if the baby momma does not like that idea then here is an idea don't let ain't shit rich guys fuck you raw you stupid whore

Do you also believe in a flat tax? Can you imagine how many more bastard children would be running around if millionaires only had to pay say 20 grand per year to fulfill their obligations? As much as you are playing the angle of baby momma managing to hit a home run because she got a rich dude to impregnate her, rich dude should also be accountable for his own actions. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Do you also believe in a flat tax? Can you imagine how many more bastard children would be running around if millionaires only had to pay say 20 grand per year to fulfill their obligations? As much as you are playing the angle of baby momma managing to hit a home run because she got a rich dude to impregnate her, rich dude should also be accountable for his own actions. 

I don't think a flat tax works how you think it does

generally a flat tax is a fixed rate paid by all as a % of income so those that make NFL player type money would not be paying only $20,000 a year

and I said that a rich person should be accountable for their actions (and so should be the female that also produced the child), but to me that should not mean that the court says that because a father is rich and parents are divorced the father no longer has a say in the overall lifestyle of their child and instead the court awards that lifestyle to the "child" (and really to the mom)

instead each parent should be responsible for half of a high level of support (same as ALL parents that are divorced) and then from there it is between the high earning parent and their child what life style they lead

when a kid is 16yo and they have straight Fs in school, three serious arrest, they are border line regarded, and do nothing with their life other than smoke weed why does a father need to still pay a high level of child support so the mom can continue to spoil that kid and buy his dumb ass out of trouble if the father disagrees with that

kids should not be weapons in divorces or in custody cases there should be a set amount stated that it cost to raise a child and both parents should be on the hook for half anything after that should be none of the courts business

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I don't think a flat tax works how you think it does

generally a flat tax is a fixed rate paid by all as a % of income so those that make NFL player type money would not be paying only $20,000 a year

and I said that a rich person should be accountable for their actions (and so should be the female that also produced the child), but to me that should not mean that the court says that because a father is rich and parents are divorced the father no longer has a say in the overall lifestyle of their child and instead the court awards that lifestyle to the "child" (and really to the mom)

instead each parent should be responsible for half of a high level of support (same as ALL parents that are divorced) and then from there it is between the high earning parent and their child what life style they lead

when a kid is 16yo and they have straight Fs in school, three serious arrest, they are border line regarded, and do nothing with their life other than smoke weed why does a father need to still pay a high level of child support so the mom can continue to spoil that kid and buy his dumb ass out of trouble if the father disagrees with that

kids should not be weapons in divorces or in custody cases there should be a set amount stated that it cost to raise a child and both parents should be on the hook for half anything after that should be none of the courts business

I know what a flat tax is and your description is correct, however my point stands that a dollar is still worth more to the person who has fewer and less to the person who has more. 

Just now, Eggo said:

I know what a flat tax is and your description is correct, however my point stands that a dollar is still worth more to the person who has fewer and less to the person who has more. 

but really this has nothing to do with a flat tax

we are getting way off topic, but I do not believe that because a rich person has a child that child is mandated by the courts to have a very high lifestyle

again way off topic, but I feel for EVERYONE there should be a set amount that it cost to raise a child and BOTH parents are on the hook for half.....somewhere around $1,800 to $2,000 a month and if one parent cannot cover their full half they should be out with a stick and trash bag picking up trash on the side of the road after their regular job or pushing a mower in a park or running a weedeater......not just given a pass and free to run around doing more sport fucking to have more kids they cannot pay for

on the flip side if a rich guy is meeting that obligation of his half of the mandated child support then that is that.....the court does not need to be telling any parent that their kid needs to go to private school because on parent thinks so, or that kid should live in a $750,000 house (or more likely in a rented condo for $2,500 a month plus $750 in monthly fees so the stupid twat mom will have ZERO equity in anything when the kid turns 18 and the payments end)

the courts should not mandate that a rich parent pays enough money for a kid to have a nice car, all the latest fashion, lots of spending cash or anything else.....the courts should MANDATE the baseline level of support that ALL divorced parents are required to pay half of and the rest is up to the parents to figure out

if two people that are married or fucking want to have a legal agreement drawn up that specifies a much higher baseline level of support before that kid is born, after the kid is born, before they divorce, or any other time that is on them

but the courts should not be in the lifestyle awarding business just because one parent makes a lot of money that is none of their business after the base level of support is met that ALL divorced parents meet

On 7/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Are you speaking on their guaranteed contracts aspect? Definitely agree with that. Same as MLB. All their contracts are guaranteed. Meaning these players have more peace of mind than players in the NFL who can be cut at any time and not owed anything except the guaranteed portion of whatever they have on their contract.

But the NFLPA is a weak ass union. Maybe once their CBA expires after 2020 season, they can finally get some changes to help the players.

I wonder the difference in percentage of players who go broke after their time in the NBA/MLB vs the NFL. 

They're a weakass union because they have the least amount of leverage of any professional athlete among the 4 major sports. The average career is about 3 years and unless you're a first our second pick you're basically making league minimum which is essentially anesthesiologist money for about 2 or 3 years. What exactly is that group of players going to get out of billionaires? It would take immense sacrifice for players making up the current NFLPA to put up a real fight against the owners and ultimately their sacrifice would be for the benefit of other players as they wouldn't have careers last long enough to reap the rewards as a prolonged fight would take a minimum of 2 or 3 missed seasons to make worthwhile changes. 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:51 PM, Vic Mackey said:

NBA is just a different animal. The rosters are much smaller and it will always be a superstar league. This plays apart in it. Also, the social media presence is much better in the NBA. They allow their players to be themselves. NFL is much more strict and I have no idea why.

Way too much is made about the difference in sizes between the 2 leagues in defense of non guaranteed contracts and relatively small pay.  Andrew Brandt has discussed this topic at length in his Sports business podcast. It's not an adequate defense. The NFL's revenue nearly doubles the NBA's. They dont guarantee contracts because they don't have to and the NFLPA will never really get them to do it for any position outside of QBs and maybe eventually OTs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Way too much is made about the difference in sizes between the 2 leagues in defense of non guaranteed contracts and relatively small pay.  Andrew Brandt has discussed this topic at length in his Sports business podcast. It's not an adequate defense. The NFL's revenue nearly doubles the NBA's. They dont guarantee contracts because they don't have to and the NFLPA will never really get them to do it for any position outside of QBs and maybe eventually OTs. 

They also don’t guarantee contracts because the average nfl career is like 3 years(or something like that). 

The revenue may be double but they have to pay 3.5x as many players. Not only that, each team has to field 22 starters + ST compared to only 5 for the NBA. 

Sprinkle in violent collisions on every play, and it’s pretty clear why the NFL doesn't fully guarantee every contract. 

31 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

They also don’t guarantee contracts because the average nfl career is like 3 years(or something like that). 

The revenue may be double but they have to pay 3.5x as many players. Not only that, each team has to field 22 starters + ST compared to only 5 for the NBA. 

Sprinkle in violent collisions on every play, and it’s pretty clear why the NFL doesn't fully guarantee every contract. 

"With CBA negotiations approaching, many suggested that guaranteed contracts should be a priority for the NFLPA to change, but this is not a CBA issue. There is nothing in the NBA CBA requiring guaranteed contracts, and there is nothing in the NFL CBA limiting guaranteed contracts.

This is not to say that the NFLPA, along with individual agents for NFL players with extreme leverage, cannot negotiate to change the paradigm. On the collective front—as I have pointed out numerous times—the NFLPA can attempt to negotiate more stringent team spending minimums, both in percentage (above the present threshold of 89% of the cap) and accounting frequency (more often than the present four-year windows). Were the union able to negotiate, say, minimum team spending of 95% of the cap with accounting every two seasons, team spending and guarantees would necessarily rise dramatically. The union could also negotiate some teeth into the cap carryover rules, forcing teams to “use it or lose it” much more than they have (10 teams rolled over more than $10 million into this year, led by the Browns carrying over $56 million in unused cap room). As for individual negotiations, agents for superstars need to resist early overtures—as Cousins did—in order to break team precedents on spending and guarantees.

I realize these are tough asks of the NFLPA and agents but they are the answers the question I hear so often of: “Why can’t NFL players get guaranteed contracts?”

Yes, NBA stars, with fewer players and more games, have more impact than NFL stars (although debatable with star quarterbacks). But do not kid yourself: NFL teams can guarantee more and spend more with a soft cap and a system with no maximum contracts, no luxury taxes and free cap rollover year to year.

They just don’t want you to know that."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/25/nfl-nba-salary-cap-guaranteed-contracts-money-franchise-tag

9 hours ago, Eggo said:

LMAO.  Please run for president so I can vote for you.  

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO.  Please run for president so I can vote for you.  

Fuck off. The point isn't that a set cost is the same as a flat tax, it's that dollars mean different things to different earners. $20k from the salary of a guy making $60k/year is much different than someone making $10M. 

So I repeat: Fuck off. 

10 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

"With CBA negotiations approaching, many suggested that guaranteed contracts should be a priority for the NFLPA to change, but this is not a CBA issue. There is nothing in the NBA CBA requiring guaranteed contracts, and there is nothing in the NFL CBA limiting guaranteed contracts.

This is not to say that the NFLPA, along with individual agents for NFL players with extreme leverage, cannot negotiate to change the paradigm. On the collective front—as I have pointed out numerous times—the NFLPA can attempt to negotiate more stringent team spending minimums, both in percentage (above the present threshold of 89% of the cap) and accounting frequency (more often than the present four-year windows). Were the union able to negotiate, say, minimum team spending of 95% of the cap with accounting every two seasons, team spending and guarantees would necessarily rise dramatically. The union could also negotiate some teeth into the cap carryover rules, forcing teams to “use it or lose it” much more than they have (10 teams rolled over more than $10 million into this year, led by the Browns carrying over $56 million in unused cap room). As for individual negotiations, agents for superstars need to resist early overtures—as Cousins did—in order to break team precedents on spending and guarantees.

I realize these are tough asks of the NFLPA and agents but they are the answers the question I hear so often of: “Why can’t NFL players get guaranteed contracts?”

Yes, NBA stars, with fewer players and more games, have more impact than NFL stars (although debatable with star quarterbacks). But do not kid yourself: NFL teams can guarantee more and spend more with a soft cap and a system with no maximum contracts, no luxury taxes and free cap rollover year to year.

They just don’t want you to know that."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/25/nfl-nba-salary-cap-guaranteed-contracts-money-franchise-tag

LOL, this silly article doesn't actually address any of the issues I mentioned. It just glosses over them and basically says "The NFL could totally do it man". 

The bottom line is that it's an apples to oranges comparison. No other US sport can be compared to the NFL. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Doesn't appear things have improved for AP. Stupid fucking sooner, lulz

Adrian Peterson is on the hook for $8.3 million in defaulted loans after the New York State Supreme Court ruled against him in a summary judgment, according to records obtained by ESPN.

The Detroit Lions running back, soon to be a free agent, was hit with a lawsuit in July 2019 from DeAngelo Vehicle Sales LLC, a Pennsylvania loan company (think investment vehicles, not cars). The company alleged that Peterson failed to pay back a loan of $5.2 million issued in October 2016.

Peterson reportedly did not appear in court to argue his side, nor had any lawyer there representing him.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adrian-peterson-83-million-defaulting-loan-new-york-supreme-court-013828241.html

So investment “vehicle” is not a car. What is it then?
Article said he made 108 million I think as a player not including endorsements, still in the NFL and he’s worse than flat ass broke. Amazing. I can’t imagine the idiocy it would require to piss away that much money.

At least he’s got an education to fall back.... oh wait.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

God damnit....it is AD and not AP.

If you call him AP you are a fucking moron.

Who gives a fuck. I used his initials as I commonly do when I'm in a hurry. Sorry I don't have his poster on my wall as a quick reference guide for all his nicknames. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, brownboy said:

AP's brilliant decision tells me how smart it is.  Wanted to win a championship so he went to 0U instead of Texas.  We all know what happened in '05.

It's working out as it should for a traitor to Texas.

He doesn't care about championships anymore, I heard that he was lobbying for the Lions to resign him.....that is desperation, and it tells he is at the end of his career

14 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

He doesn't care about championships anymore, I heard that he was lobbying for the Lions to resign him.....that is desperation, and it tells he is at the end of his career

Meh. Give me the money, you can have the rings and hardware. How rewarding would it be to win a ring as some bench warmer for a top team? Make all the money you can. If you win some rings, that's cool. But I would never chase a ring if it means my salary would be depleted. He's at a point where he knows he is almost done and needs all the money he can.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Lhorn said:

So investment “vehicle” is not a car. What is it then?
Article said he made 108 million I think as a player not including endorsements, still in the NFL and he’s worse than flat ass broke. Amazing. I can’t imagine the idiocy it would require to piss away that much money.

At least he’s got an education to fall back.... oh wait.

he made enough money to buy Miami, but he pissed it away so fast.

• Like 1

Meh. Give me the money, you can have the rings and hardware. How rewarding would it be to win a ring as some bench warmer for a top team? Make all the money you can. If you win some rings, that's cool. But I would never chase a ring if it means my salary would be depleted. He's at a point where he knows he is almost done and needs all the money he can.
Yeah, and he's getting veteran's minimum at this point to get what's left of his brain beat in.

And I know this is a junk website, but I still laughed.

56fe0a94876f9cf7672bcdafe28dcaf7.jpg

Back about 2001 or so we were house hunting, was shown a house that needed a good bit of work. Had some minor signs of rain water getting to a few places it shouldn't but otherwise sound. Problem was, it was a total redo on the inside. It wasn't trashed, but a lot of stuff fell into the "kinda cool, but not really what I want" catagory (think bright yellow Ferrari, yes I know but I would still want red). I remember thinking I had never seen a black toilet in a house before, and the black and gold tile work with doric columns made it more of a throne room than a bathroom. The two stone lions out front were also very interesting and kinda cool, but again just something I'd have removed. 

They were absolutely desperate for an offer, even after I said I wouldn't make one they called back three times. Clearly I could have gotten the house for 60% of value if I had wanted the ensuing project. In one of those call backs they told me that the owner was a former NFL player that would take any offer. He also was an OU guy. (Without knowing it they made it even less attractive).

Don't know when it happened but the new owners came in with a crane and got the stone lions out of there. Hopefully they took out the throne room about the same time.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Back about 2001 or so we were house hunting, was shown a house that needed a good bit of work. Had some minor signs of rain water getting to a few places it shouldn't but otherwise sound. Problem was, it was a total redo on the inside. It wasn't trashed, but a lot of stuff fell into the "kinda cool, but not really what I want" catagory (think bright yellow Ferrari, yes I know but I would still want red). I remember thinking I had never seen a black toilet in a house before, and the black and gold tile work with doric columns made it more of a throne room than a bathroom. The two stone lions out front were also very interesting and kinda cool, but again just something I'd have removed. 

They were absolutely desperate for an offer, even after I said I wouldn't make one they called back three times. Clearly I could have gotten the house for 60% of value if I had wanted the ensuing project. In one of those call backs they told me that the owner was a former NFL player that would take any offer. He also was an OU guy. (Without knowing it they made it even less attractive).

Don't know when it happened but the new owners came in with a crane and got the stone lions out of there. Hopefully they took out the throne room about the same time.

Now there's a humble brag.

• 3 years later...
8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Damn. He’s selling his clothes. Like, just normal pants, dress shoes, shirts, etc., along with jerseys. 

Well, I don't think he has a job, so no need for any nice clothes to wear to work. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4