Life comes at you fast .....

Wally Fairway

13 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

War is hell on the home front too. God only knows what a woman goes thru.

It was July hot inside me as she lead me to her bedroom door
The satin sheets and pleasures I never knew I could feel before
My first taste of loving was everything that it should have been
When a woman's fighting loneliness it's a battle she can't win

I'll always remember what she did and what she said
But the one thing that I'll remember most
Is the way she turned his picture over
Face down on the table by her bed then she said

War is hell on the homefront too God only knows what a woman goes through
She still needs what a man that's gone can't do
I can't fight this fire alone stay with me until it's gone
Oh war is hell on the homefront too

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

- he is young his assets include a truck (with a mortgage), and paid off motorcycle, quad and bicycle. And his truck is lifted and there is no way his GF/Wife can even .....drive it. 

He and I have had some serious no bullshit conversations about money (no new credit cards), he want me to have financial POA as the GF has no concept of money, as she never has had any; 

I would bet good money that she will get plenty of credit card (and other financial) offers in his/their name.    

I'm going to be a judgmental asshole for a moment, but I'd say your son should probably sell his motorcycle and quad, or at least store them at your place.  More importantly, he should do something about that truck right fucking now.  All it's going to take is for her to manage the money poorly for a month or two, and if she has her own vehicle, she might decide to push that truck payment down the line, and the next thing you know, it's being repoed.  That's not going to help the marriage at all and it's gonna cost him a lot of money.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

pussy is undefeated at that age.  i tried to talk a buddy out of marrying a complete bitch.  i even backed out on being his best man.  he still went through with the marriage because pussy.  marriage was horrible, cheated on her with various strippers, and divorced.  lucky for him, no kids because she didn't want kids after telling him pre-wedding how much she loved and wanted kids.

you can lead dumbass who is dying of thirst to water but you cannot make him drink.

Sound like he might have been part of the problem as well.............

31 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Can't he just buy an overpriced car? That's what we all did, but for real good luck with this. Can't end well. So many people got married right after basic and it never ended well except for the money you get

He's got a lifted truck that's not even paid off yet.

16 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I must have missed that part in the vows. Not to be an asshole but that isn't an excuse to cheat. 

arguing stupid stuff...but your vows don't say a whole hell of a lot in the way of specifics.  her vows didn't say anything about not lying about her not wanting kids, not being a complete bitch, or withholding sex just to be a bitch.  was he wrong for cheating, maybe, maybe not.  i don't hold it against him at all.  neither do any of his friends.  he should've listened to me and a whole bunch of other people about not marrying her.  it would've save him and everyone around him the unpleasantry of having to put up with her.  but that's the point of this thread, men do stupid shit for pussy.  when the pussy is denied, they find new pussy.

deny a man water and he will find other fountains to drink from.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Don't know anything about the OP's situation, but I do know that every army guy in killeen thinks he's Captain Save-a-ho. 

And i work with one lady who's son has done this not once, but twice. 

Third time's a charm.

Or so I've heard.

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

arguing stupid stuff...but your vows don't say a whole hell of a lot in the way of specifics.  her vows didn't say anything about not lying about her not wanting kids, not being a complete bitch, or withholding sex just to be a bitch.  was he wrong for cheating, maybe, maybe not.  i don't hold it against him at all.  neither do any of his friends.  he should've listened to me and a whole bunch of other people about not marrying her.  it would've save him and everyone around him the unpleasantry of having to put up with her.  but that's the point of this thread, men do stupid shit for pussy.  when the pussy is denied, they find new pussy.

deny a man water and he will find other fountains to drink from.

Totally agree but that gets back to your original point about him being an idiot for marrying her in the first place. Which I'm guessing there were plenty of signs to abort pre marriage which is why you told him so before hand. 

Nothing more nothing less. 

37 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I must have missed that part in the vows. Not to be an asshole but that isn't an excuse to cheat. 

Look, neg me if you want, but "vows" don't mean shit. 

Meaning, if you want to uphold them you will. If you're looking for a reason to violate them, you will.

It's up to you. Not the "vows". 

Just be a stand-up human being. Don't blindly follow "vows". But don't use that as an excuse/reason to break them, either.

Think for yourself. Be an adult.

Edited by Asithappens

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Look, neg me if you want, but "vows" don't mean shit. 

Meaning, if you want to uphold them you will. If you're looking for a reason to violate them, you will.

It's up to you. Not the "vows". 

Just be a stand-up human being. Don't blindly follow "vows". But don't use that as an excuse/reason to break them, either.

Think for yourself. Be an adult.

Of course. But if "vows don't mean shit" why the hell even get married in the first place? Again not at all arguing your point just pointing out we are basically saying the same thing. And I was only using "vows" in my initial response as a joke because his friend cheated on his wife with multiple strippers. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Of course. But if "vows don't mean shit" why the hell even get married in the first place? Again not at all arguing your point just pointing out we are basically saying the same thing. And I was only using "vows" in my initial response as a joke because his friend cheated on his wife with multiple strippers. 

but they were hot strippers.... 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Thanks for the thoughts and laughs, I'll reply to a few

@BearSchlong - you are dead-on  they want a Hellcat (but they aren't since it isn't easy to put the car seats in for the kids - LMFAO)

@SDG - he is young his assets include a truck (with a mortgage), and paid off motorcycle, quad and bicycle. And his truck is lifted and there is no way his GF/Wife can even drive it. 

@Gil Bang - MOS 91Bravo (mechanic) his unit is basically the motorpool, but he's transferring into 67J (medi-vac) unit to support their vehicle/generator maintance (but he can also be a window gunner, if needed).
also for Gil - he is a hometown hero (aka National Guard) so there is no base to live on, and although there is some FRG support but nothing like there would be if he was full-time stationed on a base.

To everyone mentioning Tricare - that is one of the big reasons for the marriage; well that and the Army rule that they will not give any information to her if she is "only" his girlfriend.

And to update how the planning is going - they've found a place and set a wedding date, nothing says traditional marriage more than a Thursday night ceremony with a spirtualist friend show is licensed to marry folks. I'm expecting this to be full out Bud Light and taco dinner party afterwards.

He and I have had some serious no bullshit conversations about money (no new credit cards), he want me to have financial POA as the GF has no concept of money, as she never has had any; and we've had a several conversations that they had better not get pregnant before he deploys because that shit will ruin a marriage and tear that boy up to be away...so wrap it up, twice just to be sure.
But I'll look to the folks here for other items I need to cover in the next 10 weeks before he ships.

Not true on the bolded part.  Last deployment, I was also designated by my son for any and all notifications, the idea being that if something bad happened his wife might be in such bad shape that I would need to get to her right away.  So, I was to find out any bad news at the same time as she.  Further, I was designated to handle any arrangements if he were to be killed; his thinking being that she would be in no shape to handle any arrangements.  I was to receive $50,000 to take care of any related expenses, and was instructed to spend as necessary and give her anything that was left over.  So he can designate that stuff.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would bet good money that she will get plenty of credit card (and other financial) offers in his/their name.    

I'm going to be a judgmental asshole for a moment, but I'd say your son should probably sell his motorcycle and quad, or at least store them at your place.  More importantly, he should do something about that truck right fucking now.  All it's going to take is for her to manage the money poorly for a month or two, and if she has her own vehicle, she might decide to push that truck payment down the line, and the next thing you know, it's being repoed.  That's not going to help the marriage at all and it's gonna cost him a lot of money.

and, sitting for a year won't be good for it.  1st deployment, I flew to Bliss and drove my kid's truck back here, and drove it weekly on a costco run or whatever. 

• 1 month later...

Welp - making some progress.

Wedding was earlier this week; one month until he goes on full time orders, couple of weeks after that he ships out to Texas to train for in-country shit. 
Then off to see the world (and maintain equipment, and shoot at insurgents, or haters)
I was getting to where I was okay with all of it, until Wally Jr mentioned he'd also be training as a window gunner on the choppers. I'm pretty sure they primarily have window gunners to fire back at people shooting at you. 
God Bless America!

seriously I'm 99+% good with his decision and happy he is able to deploy, and I'm working on dealing with the 1%

14 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Welp - making some progress.

Wedding was earlier this week; one month until he goes on full time orders, couple of weeks after that he ships out to Texas to train for in-country shit. 
Then off to see the world (and maintain equipment, and shoot at insurgents, or haters)
I was getting to where I was okay with all of it, until Wally Jr mentioned he'd also be training as a window gunner on the choppers. I'm pretty sure they primarily have window gunners to fire back at people shooting at you. 
God Bless America!

seriously I'm 99+% good with his decision and happy he is able to deploy, and I'm working on dealing with the 1%

He'll be fine.

get-some.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well
Wally Jr got married and is in now Texas at Ft. Hood and I'm looking for some local knowledge and no place better for that than Surly.

His unit is getting a 5 day pass - starting Friday 11/29, ending Wed 11/3 and Jr is thinking he can get back to see his new wife & her kids.
Flights in/out of Killeen are limited and I've told him to look at in/out of Austin...but is there a service from Austin to Killeen or Ft. Hood that gets him able to do that (cheaper than Uber)

I know I can look on line, but the assholes here will likely have better information. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Well
Wally Jr got married and is in now Texas at Ft. Hood and I'm looking for some local knowledge and no place better for that than Surly.

His unit is getting a 5 day pass - starting Friday 11/29, ending Wed 11/3 and Jr is thinking he can get back to see his new wife & her kids.
Flights in/out of Killeen are limited and I've told him to look at in/out of Austin...but is there a service from Austin to Killeen or Ft. Hood that gets him able to do that (cheaper than Uber)

I know I can look on line, but the assholes here will likely have better information. Thanks in advance

https://www.killeenexpressshuttle.com/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well the next step in the journey is today - Wally Jr left Ft. Hood today, heading to Kuwait, sort some things out there for 10 days/2 weeks and then likely off to Iraq.

We're are good with all of it, his wife & step kids are coming over for dinner tonight and we have the kids tomorrow. I plan on having the Army/Squids game just because. 
Please don't let shit break out over there before he settles in .... really before he heads back, but one step at a time.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Well the next step in the journey is today - Wally Jr left Ft. Hood today, heading to Kuwait, sort some things out there for 10 days/2 weeks and then likely off to Iraq.

We're are good with all of it, his wife & step kids are coming over for dinner tonight and we have the kids tomorrow. I plan on having the Army/Squids game just because. 
Please don't let shit break out over there before he settles in .... really before he heads back, but one step at a time.

Let's get him over there safely, and then home safely.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Not CRing, but today's assassination in Baghdad has my full attention as Wally Jr is stationed about 25 clicks from there. And there will most likely be a response in-kind from Irani leaders

*klick

• Like 1

I'll never understand the "insta-family" approach for people that age, especially when deployment is involved. Its either: (1) she's the same age and had kids in her teens and is therefore dumb and maybe (emphasis on maybe) a complete slut who will cheat the second you're gone, or (2) she's older and too immature to make it work with someone her own age, meaning a bad decision maker and maybe (emphasis on maybe) a complete slut who just wants young cock and will cheat the second you're gone (and likely is divorced for that reason). Add in deployment, and the motive becomes blatantly suspect.

The "insta-family" works from my observation in one circumstance. Two older people (late 30's or older) who are intellectually and emotionally mature, both of whom had previous marriages that didn't work for whatever reason (maturity telling me that there were legitimate problems), with healthy understanding of families and boundaries. That makes sense. Makes zero sense if your young and clearly being taken advantage of.

No offense to you Wally, every rule has exceptions, and I hope that none of this applies to your son and everything works out longterm. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

While the world deals with the coronavirus, there was an attack on US forces in Iraq

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/americans-killed-iraq-rocket-attack/index.html

Reports are 2 US soldiers killed, 1 coalition forces soldier and s number with serious injuries.

This is the base Wally Jr is at, and no word from him. Fucking fuck