Texas Midweek Games 4/2-4/3

Horny Bull

I had a minute to discuss the umpire interference call that occurred and prevented at least 1 run with a colleague of mine who umpires collegiate baseball.

First, the 2nd base umpire was NOT in the correct position so fuck him. (my guess is he was there as he is not mobile enough to be in a better position in case of a close play at second base.)

Second, since the ball went past a defender who could have made a play on the ball, the ball should have been considered a live ball, and runners could keep advancing. 

(even though this was subjective, it seems, and most likely the reasoning for only allowing the interference base hit.)

Third, the only time a dead ball should be called in this type of scenario or similar scenario, is when the ball does not pass a player in the infield (pitcher excluded) and hits the umpire who is in the infield grass. 

Lastly, I hope that umpire has a nasty bruise to remind him to stay in proper positioning on the field and also gets docked points for his review.

Edited by Doc Holliday