2019-20 Big 12 thread

Machinator

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Big12 sucks with media rights.  I'm going to say this every single time KU is on espn+.  We have never had more than 2-3 games a year that weren't on TV and NEVER a conference game that hasn't been on TV.  This is fucked.

If this game was on regular television, KU would be in deep shit with the FCC.

• Like 1

Having these games on ESPN+ indicates how little power KU has when it comes to media rights decision and probably other major decisions affecting the conferences.  Bill Self has even been very candid of the negative aspects of having ten KU basketball games played on ESPN+.  Jeff Long tries to spin this as a positive, but this deal with ESPN also included KU’s (and all other schools except OU and UT) Tier 3 rights for several million dollars per year than what had been reported in the past.  

I'd imagine "basketball" schools individually don't carry a lot of weight overall. Maybe a couple but for the most part it's all about the tournament. East Coast interest in the game and just the geographical location (Eastern Time Zone) and the proximity of a lot of those schools to one another helps them. 

For a shit school like Baylor having these games carried by anyone is fantastic. Though I will say that John Morris, "The Voice Of Your Baylor Bears", is okay at calling a bball game on the radio. Well, he's better at it than he is at football. 'Cause fuck him on a football radio broadcast. 

Shame about ISU, I like it when they're good.

Says the guy who is somehow unaware of all of Baylor's scandals.

Painfully aware.

I honestly assumed one of our guys got arrested last night and I didn't hear about it. Any reasonable person would assume that bullneck was expressing surprise that off-the-court conduct of guys on the roster didn't affect their ability to win in Lawrence.

These guys were in diapers during the Bliss scandal, and I would assume literally none were on campus during Briles tenure either.

So just general Baylor hate. I get it.

It just used to be more clever.
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

Painfully aware.

I honestly assumed one of our guys got arrested last night and I didn't hear about it. Any reasonable person would assume that bullneck was expressing surprise that off-the-court conduct of guys on the roster didn't affect their ability to win in Lawrence.

These guys were in diapers during the Bliss scandal, and I would assume literally none were on campus during Briles tenure either.

So just general Baylor hate. I get it.

It just used to be more clever.

No, you do not get it. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Looking like a rebuilding year for Tech. Not having Deshawn Corprew and Tyreek Smith/Ntambwe down low is killing us this season.

Didnt realize until the end Shannon did not play. Dont know whats up wit dat. 
Rebuild is not a word id use to describe it. I think this team will be like all of Beards teams. By February they will be a bitch to beat and there will be no playing for next year bullshit. 

• Like 1