2019-20 Big 12 thread

Machinator

De Sousa is going to be gone. At least 10 games. ESPN wants him gone forever. I think it’s the rest of the year which is probably right. He only plays 4 minutes a game or so but he gives depth. McCormack getting in there hurts a ton. We might have to pull a redshirt because of that. If he’s gone for the season then we just blew the year on a 20+ pint blow out. 

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wonder what caused it

The stole the ball when we were dribbling it out. De Sousa blocked the shot and stared down the guy. KSU dude comes off the bench and punches thrown from at least 4 people I saw. Don’t know who really threw the first punch. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Girl please ESPN did not make him pick up that chair or hand it to him 

Absolutely not. I wouldn’t be mad if he gets the boot altogether. College kids have a way of always getting off easy. Happens at every school, even yours. I think he should be gone for at least the year. I’ve been watching the videos and it looks like he drops the chair a second before our assistant actually grabs it so maybe he had a second of clarity. That’s the only thing I can see that make him only get “suspended indefinitely” with the expectation that he isn’t coming back this year. He isn’t good enough at this point to stick your neck out for if your Bill self, given our other issues. 

im more concerned with McCormack. 

The real tough part is the leaving the bench rule. Technically the game wasn’t over. The league and NCAA could suspend both teams 100% for leaving the bench. 

reviewing the videos, 3 KSU guys run off the bench at de Sousa. Then a punch is thrown from somewhere and de Sousa throws a punch. Then McCormack comes in with the hard shove and shit goes nuts. Our assistant coach Jeremy case flies over bodies to get between the KSU guy in street clothes (one of the main instigators) and the Ku guys. I’m not sure if the KSU kid gets out or is on the ground getting stomped by McCormack. He doesn’t seem to be hurt so maybe there was no one down there under the boot.

pure insanity. 

Edited by Jhawk

The real tough part is the leaving the bench rule. Technically the game wasn’t over. The league and NCAA could suspend both teams 100% for leaving the bench. 

reviewing the videos, 3 KSU guys run off the bench at de Sousa. Then a punch is thrown from somewhere and de Sousa throws a punch. Then McCormack comes in with the hard shove and shit goes nuts. Our assistant coach Jeremy case flies over bodies to get between the KSU guy in street clothes (one of the main instigators) and the Ku guys. I’m not sure if the KSU kid gets out or is on the ground getting stomped by McCormack. He doesn’t seem to be hurt so maybe there was no one down there under the boot.

pure insanity. 

You missed the chair part.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

You missed the chair part.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That’ll be the pic that smokes him in my opinion. Even though he didn’t use it the fans being around and possibly hurt and picking it up in the first place is rough. 

it will be interesting to see tomorrow. The league only hit marcus smart for 3 games for fighting a fan in the stands. Something tells me this one will be worse though. 

Missed all this tonight because of work. The fucking wheels just came right the fuck off for Tech. Meh..Tech cant deal with bigs. Its a huge flaw. 

The brawl. I never will understand basketball brawls...especially in a blowout by the home team at the end. Media is inflating it. But out me in the category that suspensions need to go down, but if nobody got hurt then we can skip a State Jail Felony indictment (this is sarcasm). Give DeSouza a couple extra games out and move on. 

Im assuming that Self unloaded his bench in junk time and sometimes the back of the bench does dumb shit. But if it was rotation guys well...thats fucking stooopid! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Absolutely not. I wouldn’t be mad if he gets the boot altogether. College kids have a way of always getting off easy. Happens at every school, even yours. I think he should be gone for at least the year. I’ve been watching the videos and it looks like he drops the chair a second before our assistant actually grabs it so maybe he had a second of clarity. That’s the only thing I can see that make him only get “suspended indefinitely” with the expectation that he isn’t coming back this year. He isn’t good enough at this point to stick your neck out for if your Bill self, given our other issues. 

im more concerned with McCormack. 

Well then, good thing he's not very good and can actually face punishment. I'm sure Self will send strongly worded letters to the good players along with a forceful finger wag. That'll teach em.

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well then, good thing he's not very good and can actually face punishment. I'm sure Self will send strongly worded letters to the good players along with a forceful finger wag. That'll teach em.

Maybe if Marcus Smart weren't an NBA caliber player then he would have at least gotten ejected from the game when he deliberately walked into the stands in Lubbock and punched a fan.  Maybe he would have gotten suspended for more than 3 games?  Nahhhhhh... good players deserve the same punishment or worse than bad players.

33 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Maybe if Marcus Smart weren't an NBA caliber player then he would have at least gotten ejected from the game when he deliberately walked into the stands in Lubbock and punched a fan.  Maybe he would have gotten suspended for more than 3 games?  Nahhhhhh... good players deserve the same punishment or worse than bad players.

What a horrible example. I'm not a big Marcus Smart fan, and I despite Travis Ford to this day for many reasons, including . . . wait for it . . . his teams' complete lack of discipline. He deserved way more than 3 games for that shit. Smart also didn't have a history of being a shithead before that and nobody had to stick their neck out for him prior to him joining the team and playing. It's almost as though KU could have spotted some red flags before hand. Nahhhhh...he had those recruiting stars so why bother.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

You're not the ones that get to lose to aggy twice in a month, once in football, once in basketball. Is it baseball season yet?

I didn't realize you had them on Saturday.

I'm guessing you're trying to avoid basketball season as much as I am right now.

So who is the Big 12's worst team as of this moment?

The nominees are (in no particular order): Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Iowa State.

I'd rate Okie Lite as the worst cuz they're winless and Texas beat them by double digits in Stillwater, followed by a potentially depleted K-State squad, then Texas, then ISU.

Regardless, 'tis not a season to remember for the four of us.

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The nominees are (in no particular order): Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Iowa State.

I'd rate Okie Lite as the worst cuz they're winless and Texas beat them by double digits in Stillwater, followed by a potentially depleted K-State squad, then Texas, then ISU.

It's going to be a real circle jerk between our 4 squads.  I haven't seen you guys or KSU, and caught very little of our game with OSU last night, but it just seems like a real cellar full of shit.  All of these teams suck, and arguing about over who sucks the most is just depressing.

I would submit our home loss to 1-9 Florida A&M as the front runner for worst individual game.  It may be tough to top that for an individual night of shit, well, ever.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 3:35 PM, Jhawk said:

The sad thing is that 3 out of 4 of those teams should be in the top half of the conference. Which means our conference is woefully bad relative to years passed. 

What analysis are you using to conclude which teams belong where? Past performance?

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, Jhawk said:

The fan had it coming.

We need more of that, not less.  People think they act like idiots because they buy a ticket.  Fuck that.

Edited by Iceman

I didn't realize you had them on Saturday.
I'm guessing you're trying to avoid basketball season as much as I am right now.

I’m going to guess we’re avoiding it more. I had an offer of free tickets and a ride to Shithole Station for the game. I accepted the offer in December. Last week I made up an excuse to get out of it.

Is it even debatable? It’s us and it’s not close.