2019 All-encompassing PAC 12 thread

Sbbruin

UCLA football is at its absolute bottom in my lifetime.  I apologize that we will likely pose zero competition to OU next week.  Who would have thought Chip Kelly would have been an abject failure?  We thought we hit the lottery when we hired him. And look at us now.  I am almost to the point where I’m past depressed.  I’m close to not caring.  And I have cared more about UCLA football than most people on earth. I am close to just focusing on other things,  and not renewing my season seats.  It would be way cheaper to just buy on the open market than donating to  the Wooden athletic fund for the “privilege” of buying my shitty seats.  No one else cars. Why should I?  We are entirely irrelevant in CFB.  We don’t even merit a mention.  Nor should we.  And that is so sad.  We tried. We built legit facilities.  Hired the best available coach.  Play in an historic stadium.  And are in some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation, and we just can’t do shit.  I don’t get it. Maybe we are just cursed.  Maybe the campus is built an an Indian burial ground. I hope so.  At least there would be an explanation.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

UCLA football is at its absolute bottom in my lifetime.  I apologize that we will likely pose zero competition to OU next week.  Who would have thought Chip Kelly would have been an abject failure?  We thought we hit the lottery when we hired him. And look at us now.  I am almost to the point where I’m past depressed.  I’m close to not caring.  And I have cared more about UCLA football than most people on earth. I am close to just focusing on other things,  and not renewing my season seats.  It would be way cheaper to just buy on the open market than donating to  the Wooden athletic fund for the “privilege” of buying my shitty seats.  No one else cars. Why should I?  We are entirely irrelevant in CFB.  We don’t even merit a mention.  Nor should we.  And that is so sad.  We tried. We built legit facilities.  Hired the best available coach.  Play in an historic stadium.  And are in some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation, and we just can’t do shit.  I don’t get it. Maybe we are just cursed.  Maybe the campus is built an an Indian burial ground. I hope so.  At least there would be an explanation.   

I almost feel sorry for you till I remember that you're going to be our resident cunty Dodger fan next month.  

But yeah, it should be impossible for UCLA to be this shitty, in any sport.  

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I almost feel sorry for you till I remember that you're going to be our resident cunty Dodger fan next month.  

But yeah, it should be impossible for UCLA to be this shitty, in any sport.  

That’s the thing. If our goal was to be this shitty, it would be hard.  And yet we aspire to greatness, and here we are.

Oh and the Dodgers are playing their worst baseball of the year right now.  Just shoot me.  At least the sports fan me.

Edited by Sbbruin

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That’s the thing. If our goal was to be this shitty, it would be hard.  And yet we aspire to greatness, and here we are.

Oh and the Dodgers are playing their worst baseball of the year right now.  Just shoot me.  At least the sports fan me.

Is the UCLA qb situation just a lost cause until next season?  Like most college coaches, Chip's system seems dependent on getting the right fit at qb.  If he just whiffed in the last recruiting class, well, he'd better hire someone purely to recruit since he seems to hate it.

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Didn't the DBacks sweep the Dodgers around this time last year, too?

15 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Is the UCLA qb situation just a lost cause until next season?  Like most college coaches, Chip's system seems dependent on getting the right fit at qb.  If he just whiffed in the last recruiting class, well, he'd better hire someone purely to recruit since he seems to hate it.

Their qb Dorian Thompson-Robinson was the #2 dual threat qb in the country in 2018. I can't tell if he's just a bust or Chip Kelly just sucks now.

Edited by deac_tracy

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It's almost unfathomable that Chip Kelly is this bad, even in year two. Even if he doesn't like recruiting, fine, but how does his reputation alone not not lock him up with a top 15 recruiting class every year? 

2 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

Their qb Dorian Thompson-Robinson was the #2 dual threat qb in the country in 2018. I can't tell if he's just a bust or Chip Kelly just suck now.

Hmm, well I don't remember many underclassmen starting at qb under Chip at Oregon aside from Mariota.  I would guess they should look at least competent by midseason once he learns the system, unless the guy is a complete bust.  I can't wrap my head around Chip completely losing his ability to coach in this short a time.

18 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

Their qb Dorian Thompson-Robinson was the #2 dual threat qb in the country in 2018. I can't tell if he's just a bust or Chip Kelly just sucks now.

He is looking like the worst QB in the nation.  He is awful.  I can’t stress this enough.

Edited by Sbbruin

15 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

It should be mentioned that he only had one year as a starter because he sat behind Tate Martell.  It very well may be that there is so much talent at Gorman that the QB is automatically successful.  Martell and DTR May be the greatest back-to-back busts in history.  

22 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

You know, we do have the Texas Gatorade HS POY from last year in Chase Griffin.  He is supposed to be legit, with his only shortcoming being, well, his being short.  But OU had a guy like that last year.  I say let Chase start.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:Yeah, he sucks bad.  Looks like he has zero QB instincts.  

Exactly. He has NO instincts.  Can’t read a defense to save his life.  And doesn’t sense pressure.  Sorry, I’m just so depressed.  You guys can leave if you want. I’ll wallow in my own sadness.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Exactly. He has NO instincts.  Can’t read a defense to save his life.  And doesn’t sense pressure.  Sorry, I’m just so depressed.  You guys can leave if you want. I’ll wallow in my own sadness.

I'm trying to stay up for the Husky game, but I'm soon going to run out of either 1) booze or 2) the ability to drink it.  

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

You know, we do have the Texas Gatorade HS POY from last year in Chase Griffin.  He is supposed to be legit, with his only shortcoming being, well, his being short.  But OU had a guy like that last year.  I say let Chase start.

Saw him in HS last year.  You're not going to like hearing this, but he looks like he came out of the womb playing QB, like every play he knew where he was going to throw it before the ball was snapped.  He also didn't seem *THAT* short.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Saw him in HS last year.  You're not going to like hearing this, but he looks like he came out of the womb playing QB, like every play he knew where he was going to throw it before the ball was snapped.  He also didn't seem *THAT* short.  

I DO like hearing this.  Let’s stsrt him next week against OU.  Go all in on him.

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And he came to UCLA because his family are Bruins and wanted to go here from day 1.  He may be they savior we have been  waiting for.