Advice on buying tickets to the Kansas St. game

Bob Knepper

My attendance at Austin games is few and far between, so asking for some advice.  I'd normally never try to lock in tickets this far ahead of time for a non-marquee game like this one.  However, I have a fairly large group attending, at least 7 tickets, and we'd like to sit together.

I don't have any interest sitting high up in the 101-109 sections.  Anything else is fair game.

Stubhub currently has a large selection of many tickets together in section 18 for $85/each after fees.  My thought is that, if I wait, I can get better tickets for the same price or cheaper, but I'm not likely to get 7 or more together.  Anyone agree or disagree?

If I do buy in section 18, I'm guessing that seats higher up in the section are better?

• Like 1

Price will depend on how the season goes up to that point, and to a much lesser extent on game time.  If Texas comes in 7-1 and ranked in top 5 with a night game against a ranked K-State, tickets will be much higher than $85.  If they limp in at 5-3 against a 3-5 K-State with an 11am kick, people will be giving away tickets.  $85 seems like a good price, especially for an odd # of tickets like 7.  I've never sat in section 18, but I would think anything halfway up and higher would be good.

If it were me, I would pull the trigger and have it locked in.  $85 doesn't seem bad at all.

good to know regarding the mail date of tickets.  thanks.  I'll probably see what pops after folks have tickets and before the season starts and just go ahead and jump on it.  as for what I expect the situation to be come game time, I'll split the difference between your scenarios - a 7-1 Texas vs a 3-5 K State.