Texas hires Troy Tulowitzki as a Volunteer Assistant

Goo Punch

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don’t know enough about him to know if he’s a dirt bag, but it seems like a positive to me. After the way the season ended I’ll take anything I can get.

most definitely a Dirtbag. 100%. For life.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Like 1

I like it.  Now, who is going to help the pitchers?

In 13 seasons with Colorado, Toronto and New York, Tulowitzki hit .290 with 225 home runs and 780 RBIs. While playing with the Rockies from 2006-15, Tulowitzki won two gold gloves and was invited to five all-star games. In 2009 and 2010, he finished fifth in the voting for the National League’s MVP award.

The addition of Tulowitzki could pay immediate dividends for UT’s performances at the plate and in the infield. The Texas infield struggled defensively throughout this past spring, and the Longhorns will be breaking in a new first baseman, shortstop and third baseman in 2020. Offensively, Texas is coming off a season in which it ranked last in the Big 12 in batting average (.250), runs (287) and home runs (27).

https://www.hookem.com/2019/07/25/texas-baseball-adds-to-its-coaching-staff/

Edited by zork

15 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Sean Allen is the pitching coach now. TexasSports has the full article, it’s in the 2020 thread. 

Anybody know what the "more blockbuster moves" might have been (referenced in tweet below)

·
12h
#Texas could have had more blockbuster moves on the way had Sean Allen headed to Sam Houston State. At any rate, I’m very much intrigued to see how Tulowitzki does as a college coach. I’ve heard he’s a consummate grinder on the evaluation front.

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Anybody know what the "more blockbuster moves" might have been (referenced in tweet below)

·
12h
#Texas could have had more blockbuster moves on the way had Sean Allen headed to Sam Houston State. At any rate, I’m very much intrigued to see how Tulowitzki does as a college coach. I’ve heard he’s a consummate grinder on the evaluation front.

Click Bait?  Rocket?

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been to one game at Coors Field, back when Huston and Omar were teammates. The Rockies won, Tulowitzki hit for the cycle, Omar played 3rd, and Huston got in for the save...except he didn’t in what may have been his worst outing in the majors. Tulo was gifted a triple (which should have been an extra bases error) to complete the cycle, but that’s what you get from the home scorekeeper.  

/csb