how do you fuckers consume your music?

52-80

how do you fuckers consume your music?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. how do you fuckers consume your music?

• terrestial radio
    • digital satellite
    • piracy
    • amazon music (free)
    • amazon music (paid)
    • spotify (free)
    • spotify (paid)
    • google play music (free)
    • google play music (paid)
    • itunes music
    • deezer
    • other
    • i actually buy albums and shit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to the Spotify users that this was a thing on Shaggy. I've been listening at work all week long. There is some really good music here, and some that I skip past quickly. But that's OK.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6b5v3CQU3CxamHRxfZjXLs?si=i407Q6flTpe2jvZB9aryQA

It's been a long time since anything new was added, I would welcome some fresh tunes.

Sun Radio out in the hill country is pretty good. I heard Going To California, Folsom Prison Blues, and Sturgil Simpsons White line song on the way into work the other day. Lots of early Rock & Roll, R&B, Hank, etc. My version (Fredicksburg/Kingsland) plays a little too much Charley Pride for my taste, and I hear White Lightning almost daily, but no commercials and I like 95% of what they play. My truck is a 2004, so no way to access Spotify, etc. Have some cds loaded...

• 1 month later...
66027819_2625784070774898_6744095280406200320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnbJff5IcYRc1HXjpcb3B8UePZ2ca7UQDSkLPt_0tK6bF5_n7HzR9EkopAHugDktpg&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=6d3d5f4f231af4dc62cbd037a0c6df40&oe=5DE35C01

I’ve got maybe two cubbies of vinyl. It’s a slow build I guess. That’s impressive. If I was 80 with a collection like yours I’d be happy.

I have a friend though that built what is almost a full house sized studio for his wife to paint and for him to listen to music. Check this out.... and all four sides are vinyl storage floor to ceiling.

f9f757326767f6409ac47b194b8191b5.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, troph said:

I’ve got maybe two cubbies of vinyl. It’s a slow build I guess. That’s impressive. If I was 80 with a collection like yours I’d be happy.

I have a friend though that built what is almost a full house sized studio for his wife to paint and for him to listen to music. Check this out.... and all four sides are vinyl storage floor to ceiling.

f9f757326767f6409ac47b194b8191b5.jpg

How do you organize that? Alphabetical? Chronological? Or Autobiographical?

spacer.png

The one choice that to me was a glaring omission was: LIVE!

I honestly don't buy much music anymore, instead I tend to listen to stations locally like KUXT or more often now SUN radio.  But the way I really consume my music is Live.  There is nothing, and I mean nothing better than seeing a great up and coming band (or already made it band) in a smaller venue.  Take a look at the mark our latest local breakout band is making.  I got lucky and snagged a ticket to their show at the Mohawk a few weeks ago and said at the time, "I'll never see them in this small a venue again."  The Black Pumas are going places folks!  There are still some chances in early 2020 for some recently added Texas shows.  https://www.theblackpumas.com/shows

The best and ultimate way to consume music is live MOFO's!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not wanting to start a new thread I will try here.  

I currently am signed up for Apple Music, which is fine, but I struggle with there categories to find a playlist that I really like.  I know the best answer would be make my own playlist, but I am lazy and want it fed to me.  

The biggest issue is trying to find a mix of genres playlist.  I have searched the Curators without success.  I like a bit of everything, but trend towards70’s to Modern rock/pop, a bit of 70’s to 90’s rap/hip hop and a touch of rock/pop infulenced country. Suggestions?