Non-Texas Recruiting 2021

Jaden Nixon, a RB from Frisco Lone Star, just committed to Oklahoma State. He looks pretty fast in his hudl and has a 10.62 100m time listed on his 247 profile. I trust their RB coach, John Wozniak, to identify unheralded RB prospects more than almost anyone in the country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaden-Nixon-46098676/

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CeT2M

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tennessee has 15 commits and an interesting breakdown of it.

5*'s = 2

4*'s = 3

3*'s = 10

Nothing says Tennessee is going to retain their 2 5*s and 3 4*s either.  They better parlay those recruiting win$ into more verbals.  Tennessee can't for sure rely on the signatures of mercenaries. 

Not sure if he's been mentioned on here before, but LSU gave this Texas prospect, Caleb Johnson, his first P5 offer last week. Corey Raymond offered him as a corner. Might be someone worth looking at.

247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Johnson-46100091

hudl.com/video/3/10662608/5d829eb85ef6930c103e534f

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Not sure if he's been mentioned on here before, but LSU gave this Texas prospect, Caleb Johnson, his first P5 offer last week. Corey Raymond offered him as a corner. Might be someone worth looking at.

Looks like he has an OU offer as well now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Looks like he has an OU offer as well now. 

Looks like about 75% of the top 25 type programs all started following him after his LSU offer. He's about to blow up. I'd get on him as Ibraheem/Harmon insurance. 

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Aggy offered today.  10.58 100m.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Looks like about 75% of the top 25 type programs all started following him after his LSU offer. He's about to blow up. I'd get on him as Ibraheem/Harmon insurance. 

Putting on my satya hat real quick - why the fuck is LSU uncovering diamonds in the rough in our hone state, especially at a position that’s very weak compared to years past??

28 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Putting on my satya hat real quick - why the fuck is LSU uncovering diamonds in the rough in our hone state, especially at a position that’s very weak compared to years past??

Not sure LSU found him. All these schools offering probably means somebody released intel on him. Or they received official track times or new film.  

Edited by texasstrong12

4 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:

I would guess our guys are still doing a lot of relationship building with the known guys. 

Hopefully itll get better once the new guys are fully acclimated 

Rivals says he was about to commit to Arkansas before Clemson called.

https://clemson.rivals.com/news/clemson-moving-quickly-with-texas-qb

“I had my commitment date set, so I asked him what his timeframe was for potentially offering. He said to give him a month. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Lucas-Coley-46058299/

11 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

My understanding is this kid is a 5* and allegedly isn't an 8th grader? Dunno if they were in it for any Texas RBs, but I'd think they aren't any more if they were

Closest player comps are Danny Woodhead and Sam McGuffie.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

My understanding is this kid is a 5* and allegedly isn't an 8th grader? Dunno if they were in it for any Texas RBs, but I'd think they aren't any more if they were

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Closest player comps are Danny Woodhead and Sam McGuffie.

Haven't watched his film yet, but I think he's the next Christian McCaffrey.

7 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

His game reminds me of Pete Rose 

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, TommyGufano said:

He looks a lot more impressive on the plays where the film is sped up than the ones that are at normal speed

Yeah, My wife says I look a lot more impressive in the bedroom with the lights off... rather than with the lights on.

giphy.gif