Non-Texas Recruiting 2021

angelos's frog

10 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Is Jake Garcia expected to flip at some point? If not, then adding Miller Moss makes that the best QB class I can remember 

Off the top of my head, the John Brantley and Cam Newton class at Florida was better rated. I'm sure there have been others.

1 hour ago, trythisathome said:

Is Jake Garcia expected to flip at some point? If not, then adding Miller Moss makes that the best QB class I can remember 

I posted on this a few days ago - I had thought the same - turns out our class of Card and Jackson was higher based on position rankings (dual threats), and only slightly lower based on overall composites (about 20 spots each).

• Like 1

Oregon looks like they're going to land another great class even with Donte Williams at USC upping their recruiting. Wiltfong put in Oregon crystal balls today for Jaylin Davies, Keanu Williams, and Xavier Worthy. There's some chatter that they're now back in it for Korey Foreman and JT Tuimoloau. People call Cristobal a bag man and meathead, but it seems like that combination works since they're definitely now the most talented team on the West Coast. 

Their defense is absolutely loaded this year. Deommodore Lenoir, Thomas Graham, Mykael Wright, Jevon Holland, Justin Flowe, Noah Sewell, and Kayvon Thibodeaux are all future draft picks. They have a ton of other quality players like Mase Funa, Austin Faoliu, and Jordon Scott. Their offense actually doesn't seem to be that talented this year with the glaring exception of the best OT in college football, Penei Sewell. Their receivers and backs seem to be mostly good, but I can't see any of the upperclassmen in those groups being high draft picks. I think CJ Verdell could be, but he's always injured so it's hard to tell. I'm not sold on Tyler Shough at QB, but he could live up to his ranking. Joe Moorhead will certainly try his best to do that. Their o line as a unit seems like it could be just average this year despite Sewell just because they lost four starters. The guys projected to replace them are all upperclassmen though so that should prevent the line from being bad.

The one position they've kind of struggled to recruit is RB. They have a few four stars now on the depth chart, but they've yet to land a guy who any of the top schools would have taken in the past three classes (with the exception of Sean Dollars, but I view him as more of an APB). 

USC should win the South while Oregon wins the North. That game will be interesting this year because it's strength vs. strenght and weakness vs. weakness. Even though USC's offense is now good, I think Oregon's defense can contain them. Also, I think USC's defense will be improved this year because they return a bunch of starts from young and improving players. I think that unit can easily contain Oregon's offense just like vice versa. I'm not sure why I wrote so much about Oregon, but I'm pretty sure I predicted them to win a title under Cristobal in a longform post last year, so I guess it's par for the course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Oregon looks like they're going to land another great class even with Donte Williams at USC upping their recruiting. Wiltfong put in Oregon crystal balls today for Jaylin Davies, Keanu Williams, and Xavier Worthy. There's some chatter that they're now back in it for Korey Foreman and JT Tuimoloau. People call Cristobal a bag man and meathead, but it seems like that combination works since they're definitely now the most talented team on the West Coast. 

Their defense is absolutely loaded this year. Deommodore Lenoir, Thomas Graham, Mykael Wright, Jevon Holland, Justin Flowe, Noah Sewell, and Kayvon Thibodeaux are all future draft picks. They have a ton of other quality players like Mase Funa, Austin Faoliu, and Jordon Scott. Their offense actually doesn't seem to be that talented this year with the glaring exception of the best OT in college football, Penei Sewell. Their receivers and backs seem to be mostly good, but I can't see any of the upperclassmen in those groups being high draft picks. I think CJ Verdell could be, but he's always injured so it's hard to tell. I'm not sold on Tyler Shough at QB, but he could live up to his ranking. Joe Moorhead will certainly try his best to do that. Their o line as a unit seems like it could be just average this year despite Sewell just because they lost four starters. The guys projected to replace them are all upperclassmen though so that should prevent the line from being bad.

The one position they've kind of struggled to recruit is RB. They have a few four stars now on the depth chart, but they've yet to land a guy who any of the top schools would have taken in the past three classes (with the exception of Sean Dollars, but I view him as more of an APB). 

USC should win the South while Oregon wins the North. That game will be interesting this year because it's strength vs. strenght and weakness vs. weakness. Even though USC's offense is now good, I think Oregon's defense can contain them. Also, I think USC's defense will be improved this year because they return a bunch of starts from young and improving players. I think that unit can easily contain Oregon's offense just like vice versa. I'm not sure why I wrote so much about Oregon, but I'm pretty sure I predicted them to win a title under Cristobal in a longform post last year, so I guess it's par for the course.

Oregon winning stuff is fun when it upsets established bluebloods (except Texas, obviously) so screw it, this sounds fun, I'm in.

Besides, despite its useless leadership, the Pac-12 is full of interesting schools in cool college towns/cities, and I want it to be relevant again.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In a pure recruiting sense, Dabo going with a "Football Matters" shirt with chillin' and grillin' by the lake when most other coaches are performatively doing things with their teams right now is a ...questionable... look

EZ3Mv-HWAAcBdZ0?format=jpg&name=large

1,xl,x,x,x,2

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, texifornia said:

In a pure recruiting sense, Dabo going with a "Football Matters" shirt with chillin' and grillin' by the lake when most other coaches are performatively doing things with their teams right now is a ...questionable... look

EZ3Mv-HWAAcBdZ0?format=jpg&name=large

what it looks like, is hes had enough of this shit. and hes ready to take Clemsons money and ride out the rest of his life as a commentator. peace out!!

Mike Roach:  "Of note, I keep hearing the name Mason Smith more and more with prospects. He’s a recruiting staffer at Mississippi State. From guys I’ve talked to, it sounds like he’s on the rise"

Also doesn't think Shavers to Miss State affects Teddy Knox's commitment...

(Knox is smaller, 5'10" and 170lbs, so probably more of a slot guy)

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Mike Roach:  "Of note, I keep hearing the name Mason Smith more and more with prospects. He’s a recruiting staffer at Mississippi State. From guys I’ve talked to, it sounds like he’s on the rise"

Also doesn't think Shavers to Miss State affects Teddy Knox's commitment...

(Knox is smaller, 5'10" and 170lbs, so probably more of a slot guy)

They’ll overlap by at most, one year. I don’t know why that would even be brought up 

Ok State about to land 3? Update from OU247 ::

Dropping in to say I've been expecting some fireworks for Oklahoma State today. Specifically from my area of DFW/North Texas.

I entered my crystal ball picks for the Green twins (Blaine and Bryson) awhile ago after speaking with some sources down in Allen, Texas. Also, I think the Pokes are in great position for Cam Smith out of Denton, Texas. Very real possibility Gundy gets three really good players from the Lone Star State.

also, I hadn't seen that Raheim Sanders committed to Arky over OU, Auburn, and a few others, damn good early pick up by the Pigs. 

https://247sports.com/player/raheim-sanders-46085258/

Another Green committing... 

Tulsa (Okla.) Union four-star running back AJ Green has committed to Arkansas. He is the Razorbacks’ 11th verbal commitment for the Class of 2021.

Green announced in favor of the Hogs on Friday, turning down offers from Michigan, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, LSU, Texas, Nebraska, Baylor and many others.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/AJ-Green-commits-to-Arkansas-148121510/

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Not too late to enter the supplemental draft...

That would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Extremely disingenuous apology incoming

Yeah, that's definitely happening. I'd love to know what Hubbard defines as "Change?" Because if it's taking off the shirt, welp, ok. That won't be hard. Gundy might even set it on fire for good measure while explaining he's never heard of OAN and someone else gave him the shirt, and he didn't know what it meant. 

Of course, the whole reason Gundy is AT Oklahoma State still is because of his "Fuck it, I'm 50 years old and know who I am and I can be myself at this place" so there's like a 5-10% chance he comes right out and says "You know what, I'm an Ameican and entitled to my thoughts and views too so FUCK IT I WATCH OAN WHILE I MASTURBATE!" Which would be grand. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That would be amazing.

Yeah, that's definitely happening. I'd love to know what Hubbard defines as "Change?" Because if it's taking off the shirt, welp, ok. That won't be hard. Gundy might even set it on fire for good measure while explaining he's never heard of OAN and someone else gave him the shirt, and he didn't know what it meant. 

Of course, the whole reason Gundy is AT Oklahoma State still is because of his "Fuck it, I'm 50 years old and know who I am and I can be myself at this place" so there's like a 5-10% chance he comes right out and says "You know what, I'm an Ameican and entitled to my thoughts and views too so FUCK IT I WATCH OAN WHILE I MASTURBATE!" Which would be grand. 

Or ... he may just tweet this at ol' Chuba ... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That would be amazing.

Gundy is already on record saying OAN is “fair and balanced”, so the never heard of it routine won’t work.