Trust: The J. Paul Getty story

Trey3216

16 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Digging it so far. I liked the first episode better but both have been solid. 

Thought the same, but something was weirdly appreciable in how they actually found a role for  Brendan Fraser that works.  

Have only watched 1st episode but enjoyed it. Funny how the “F” word has become so blatant on network shows recently.

Then I fucked up and googled the shit. Dude turned out to have a not so cool life. Or maybe they killed him, don’t remember.

I was going to start a thread on this earlier. I think Sutherland is knocking it out of the park. The entire cast is excellent. Writing is great and you couldn't make up a better story.

Do you know how long it's been since Brendan Frazier has been good? A long fucking time.

I was going to start a thread on this earlier. I think Sutherland is knocking it out of the park. The entire cast is excellent. Writing is great and you couldn't make up a better story.

Do you know how long it's been since Brendan Frazier has been good? A long fucking time.

Sutherland is masterful at playing the roll of upper crust evil.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Agreed.  Sutherland is absolutely perfect for this role and Brendan Fraser being a pseudo-narrator, Cowboy hatchet man, is a well-placed and shockingly good role for him.  

Absolutely loving this show so far. The pacing, acting, and production quality are all top notch. Knowing that the Getty family is suing anyone who touches this story, I can't wait to see where it all goes.

I’m in no way a “second shooter” believer in the Kennedy assassination, but if there was one it had to be the supposed kidnapper that one shots both those cats in the back of the head while they’re racing away on a bumpy dirt road in a fully roofed car. So much lol.

I watched the movie "All The Money in The World" 

It was good, and I didn't know the story.  I have been saving all the episodes to binge.  

I read a ton up on the family after watching the movie.

I am glad to hear it is good, and I look forward to it.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:42 PM, BNB said:

I watched the movie "All The Money in The World" 

It was good, and I didn't know the story.  I have been saving all the episodes to binge.  

I read a ton up on the family after watching the movie.

I am glad to hear it is good, and I look forward to it.

I just watched the movie last night and thought it was a little slow.  Over two hours for a story that felt like it could have pretty easily been wrapped up in 1:30...or needed several hours to really dive deeper.  Hoping the series is better as I do like the subject matter.  Also hoping the series isn't ruined for me as I now know the story from the movie.  Wish now I would have skipped the movie and just watched the series.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much because it’s almost like the movie and the series tell two entirely different stories.

IMO the series is probably better as a result of the producers taking more liberty with whatever facts there are. There’s just a lot more to the series in general.

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Can't believe this show isn't getting more buzz here. Also thought I'd never say Brendan Frazier is crushing it. WTF?

It's like we're in some parallel universe where he actually knew how to act, or they finally cast him in a unique role where all his quirks mesh perfectly.  He's done really well in this series. 

• 3 weeks later...
Well shit...went to start this tonight and the On Demand episodes only go back to episode 5.  Guess I’ll need to wait for season 1 to be over or something.

Look up in the upper left of your screen when in the OD ep. list. Is there a sort option up there by any chance?

Great story about who is Fletcher Chace and why Brenden Frasier chose to play him the way he did. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/04/trust-fx-brendan-fraser

In the article they mentioned that Brender Frasier could start exploring oddball/interesting supporting characters like Michael Shannon does. Interesting point because at times while watching his portrayal in this series, I had to occasionally remind myself it wasn’t Michael Shannon.

Frasier may have carved himself out a nice little niche for the future. Good for him. I thought he was excellent in this series.

• Like 1