Great Places Close to NRG

CHIEF

I have a booth at the Texas Trophy Hunters Association's 2019 Houston Expo at NRG. Mrs. CHIEF has me scouting for good restaurants (she is already in Houston for work,and is just going to stay through the Expo with me) she will eat anything except Indian food. Seafood, any type of Asian, and Latin American is what we don't have at home, and plan on getting something different. Thanks.

CHIEF

We hit MF Sushi, it was as good as Tojo's in Vancouver, Two orders of Otoro, and a sampler with more Otoro on it, Uni, served in half the shell, and it was still less expensive than our little sushi joint at home. Captain Benny's was like a much better Pacific Star, and the other highlight was the muffuletta at Angelo's. 

CHIEF

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Sarpino's is pretty solid pizza and they're open until 1 am every day except Sunday. 

It's not the best, but Liberty Taco has a very convenient location on OST. There's a Sprout's across the street as well. 

A lot of places near NRG close early, This includes a Taco C and a Sonic. I guess it's a crime prevention thing? Seemed odd. 

We stayed a few blocks from NRG for a month during Rodeo. I ate almost every meal at the tent or at the apartment. Getting drunk at the auctions and eating Chick fil a was great change of pace. 

I was mildly impressed with the area. It’s cleaned up quite bit. Still not a ton to do, basically all restaurants and hospitals. They really need a park in addition to Herman. 

Currently zoned for Bellaire schools. You could do a lot worse if you’re in the market. A yard probably isn’t happening though.