2021 ATH Billy Bowman

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, no, dude has defensive instincts that are rarer than a sober comment out of NorlaHorns mouth. The guy's upside is on defense, and I don't think it's close. 

I'm pretty sure your campaigning for this so in 2 years can comment negatively on how he was better served on the defensive side of the ball. Trying to play the Long Satya, are we?

You've got a magical way with words....but...*you're, lol

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Link to his Hudl: http://www.hudl.com/v/2AU3m2

Reminder, this dude is a sophomore playing Texas 5A competition

Jesus.

Being a former QB I usually tend to say "put 'em on offense", but no, not with this guy. For his age he has great defensive instincts, and a nose for the ball you don't see very often.  Very impressive young man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Why not both? Let him play nickel, get some time at slot, and return kicks. We need to maximize elite athletes like this.

Sounds reasonable, as long as it's not overdone to the point of taking away from his defensive effectiveness.

At the very least, return punts and kicks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

is he a cb, safety, apb, slot, bad-ass-motherfucker?

After watching the first three plays of his huddle, I'm thinking he's an extraterrestrial. Anyone who has ever played defense has dreamed of making those pics and taking them to the house.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

is he a cb, safety, apb, slot, bad-ass-motherfucker?

It doesn't really seem like he cares about arbitrary distinctions like "offense" or "defense." It doesn't matter why the ball ISN'T in the other team's end zone or who happens to have "possession" at any given moment. His job is to make sure the ball IS in the other team's end zone at the end of every play.

1 hour ago, chesthair said:

Kid grew up as my neighbor. Dad groomed him for this. Mom and dad are solid kid was a wreck young but really grew up. Has always had ton of talent. Glad he is ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to say anybody was a wreck, especially not a kid. Totally unnecessary and inappropriate. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, no, dude has defensive instincts that are rarer than a sober comment out of NorlaHorns mouth. The guy's upside is on defense, and I don't think it's close. 

I'm pretty sure your campaigning for this so in 2 years can comment negatively on how he was better served on the defensive side of the ball. Trying to play the Long Satya, are we?

This times 1000. He just looks so natural out there at DB. As electric as he is with the ball, his ability to sniff out screens and track the ball are elite and then some. Especially when you consider that he's ONLY A SOPHOMORE. HUGE pickup.