2021 ATH Billy Bowman

texifornia

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

This is usually my position, but he's fucking good enough that I'm willing to crawfish on this one.

It's always my position. As a 17 year old he chose guaranteed pussy over our shitty HC who didn't know what the fuck he was doing so now he has to live with it! He can't just come back around here with his hella talent that we could most certainly use. FOH

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Once you go to ou, you're dead to me... you don't bring the enemy inside your doors.  In addition, players that flip during their recruitments and have early transfers have a very high bust rate statistically.  Not saying that will be Bowman.  With that said, he's an avg WR and a very good nickel.  There is no shortage of nickel and wr recruits in the state of Texas.  I don't care one way or the other if he plays here, but he can fuck off because he's currently a sooner.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Nah, you made your choice flipping from UT to that shithole ou.  Live with your decision...

Just lol at this myopic take.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

There is no shortage of nickel and wr recruits in the state of Texas. 

Our roster would beg to disagree with you.

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Just lol at this myopic take.

Our roster would beg to disagree with you.

Our roster is comprised of two 5 star WRs and a bunch of 4 star top 300 prospects.  Our WR woes have everything to do with terrible coaching and development.  Our secondary is one of the better position groups with regards to depth, we're not exactly hurting there.  Bowman's tape looks exactly like Jamison's in high school.  He has speed, he's physical, he can cover.  Not many schools recruited him as a WR, even if they agreed to let him start training camp there.  Dude is currently playing nickel at ou.  I was a big Bowman fan, but he decommitted and switched to our rival school right after we played them.  Just a complete bitch move.  I look forward to Xavier Worthy punking him on the field for years to come.  I'm also a petty fuck that hates ou and aggy... 

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Once you go to ou, you're dead to me... you don't bring the enemy inside your doors.  In addition, players that flip during their recruitments and have early transfers have a very high bust rate statistically.  Not saying that will be Bowman.  With that said, he's an avg WR and a very good nickel.  There is no shortage of nickel and wr recruits in the state of Texas.  I don't care one way or the other if he plays here, but he can fuck off because he's currently a sooner.

Totally agree, there was this coach UT had, like Derek or Darrell or something. Came from OU. Real shithead. Can't believe they ever hired him.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, texifornia said:

Totally agree, there was this coach UT had, like Derek or Darrell or something. Came from OU. Real shithead. Can't believe they ever hired him.

I forgive Royal for being a sooner, he realized which school was better 😜  

I get that the last decade has really made us some bitches, me included... but I never thought we'd be welcoming sooner players to come play for us after they publicly decommitted right after the biggest game against our biggest rival and then proceeded to flip to them.  Now if he comes here and balls out, I will be the first guy with a Bowman jersey because I'm a huge longhorn homer.  But until then, he can fuck himself  :)

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Our roster is comprised of two 5 star WRs and a bunch of 4 star top 300 prospects.  Our WR woes have everything to do with terrible coaching and development.  Our secondary is one of the better position groups with regards to depth, we're not exactly hurting there.  Bowman's tape looks exactly like Jamison's in high school.  He has speed, he's physical, he can cover.  Not many schools recruited him as a WR, even if they agreed to let him start training camp there.  Dude is currently playing nickel at ou.  I was a big Bowman fan, but he decommitted and switched to our rival school right after we played them.  Just a complete bitch move.  I look forward to Xavier Worthy punking him on the field for years to come.  I'm also a petty fuck that hates ou and aggy... 

You know players don’t give a shit about rivalry stuff right? It means nothing to them. Many of them didn’t grow up with strong college rooting interests. They’re also friends with players on other teams, workout with them in the summer, etc. College is a means to an end for most of them, as it is for most regular students. Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You know players don’t give a shit about rivalry stuff right? It means nothing to them. Many of them didn’t grow up with strong college rooting interests. They’re also friends with players on other teams, workout with them in the summer, etc. College is a means to an end for most of them, as it is for most regular students. Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

Dude, you are taking my posts way too seriously first of all.  This is a message board for die hard longhorn fans.  Sorry if I don't give a fuck about a freshman ou nickel player that is on portal watch within his first semester because he can't handle a breakup.  Guess what, we're going to kick ou's ass with Sark and Bowman being here isn't going to make a difference, just like it didn't when Adrian Peterson chose poorly.  Now if you want to write a nice little letter to some ou fans about how this "rivalry stuff" means nothing, go ahead.  Man, we've gotten soft around here lately...

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Once you go to ou, you're dead to me... you don't bring the enemy inside your doors. 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I was a big Bowman fan, but he decommitted and switched to our rival school right after we played them.  Just a complete bitch move. 

53 minutes ago, victory88 said:

. but I never thought we'd be welcoming sooner players to come play for us after they publicly decommitted right after the biggest game against our biggest rival and then proceeded to flip to them.  

You need to take a fucking midol and stop reacting like an emotional little bitch. We aren't in a position to turn down elite talent, regardless of whether or not your feelings got hurt.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

Report: Oklahoma RB Tre Bradford No Longer With the Team

The LSU transfer from Lancaster, TX, had drawn attention for his speed and explosiveness, but the OU Daily reports he's no longer a part of the Sooner team.JOHN E. HOOVER3 MINUTES AGO
According to a report in the OU Daily, sophomore running back Tre Bradford is no longer with the Oklahoma football team. 

The Daily report cites "multiple" unnamed sources in saying Bradford has missed the Sooners' last two practices. Bradford does remain on the football team's official online roster as of Thursday afternoon.

READ THE FULL OU DAILY STORY

Assistant sports editor Austin Curtright reports that the OU student newspaper has reached out to the athletics department about Bradford's absence, but had not yet received a response to the query.

Bradford transferred to Oklahoma in June from LSU and had been applauded in recent interviews by head coach Lincoln Riley and running backs coach DeMarco Murray, as well as teammates, for his speed and explosiveness.

His departure for reasons unknown leaves the Sooners with just two scholarship running backs: in redshirt junior Kennedy Brooks, who opted out of the 2020 college football season, and junior Eric Gray, who played his first two seasons at Tennessee.

The backups as of now are walk-ons Jayden Knowles and Todd Hudson, although it's like that fullback Jeremiah Hall could get some snaps in a pinch.

Can Bowman play RB?

1 minute ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The LSU transfer from Lancaster, TX, had drawn attention for his speed and explosiveness, but the OU Daily reports he's no longer a part of the Sooner team.JOHN E. HOOVER3 MINUTES AGO
According to a report in the OU Daily, sophomore running back Tre Bradford is no longer with the Oklahoma football team. 

The Daily report cites "multiple" unnamed sources in saying Bradford has missed the Sooners' last two practices. Bradford does remain on the football team's official online roster as of Thursday afternoon.

Assistant sports editor Austin Curtright reports that the OU student newspaper has reached out to the athletics department about Bradford's absence, but had not yet received a response to the query.

Bradford transferred to Oklahoma in June from LSU and had been applauded in recent interviews by head coach Lincoln Riley and running backs coach DeMarco Murray, as well as teammates, for his speed and explosiveness.

His departure for reasons unknown leaves the Sooners with just two scholarship running backs: in redshirt junior Kennedy Brooks, who opted out of the 2020 college football season, and junior Eric Gray, who played his first two seasons at Tennessee.

The backups as of now are walk-ons Jayden Knowles and Todd Hudson, although it's like that fullback Jeremiah Hall could get some snaps in a pinch.

Can Bowman play RB?

I know Demarco's good at alienating talented RBs, but this has to be a record even for him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Can Bowman play RB? 

Back in December...

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Can Bowman play RB?

Some 5'7" dude named Todd is gonna run for 150 against us, isn't he?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3