Everyday Should be Saturday is dead

texifornia

16 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I miss the old Barking Carnival. Joining SBN might've earned more coin, but the quality of their output began to wane and has never recovered.

Probably the same deal as WRNL.  The original crew that put it together did so before they had wives and kids and lives and shit.  Everyone got busy with life and passed it down to another generation that had the time to mess around, and you can never recreate the original magic.

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure it's any one thing, like platform.  That's a correlation, not a causation.  I think one of the central problems is that hardly anyone except Scipio has the time to devote to it or the inclination to devote it.  And even he's gotten pulled off into a pay site and side ventures like the annual.

This.  I’m not real tech savvy,  so the transition was challenging for me.  Also,  I went through life stuff that made time for writing hard 

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Barking Carnival died for a number of reasons, but a big one was that they alienated half the people who founded the thing at one point.

I do remember that with the move to SBN, there was a rift between a couple of people, but I didn't know how widespread it was.  By that time, it did seem that the pool of writers had dwindled down some.

44 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I do remember that with the move to SBN, there was a rift between a couple of people, but I didn't know how widespread it was.  By that time, it did seem that the pool of writers had dwindled down some.

I mean,  I had no idea at all,  until there was an explosion in a comments thread that had to do with basketball and something on TOS.  I guess it’s like a band:  it’s all gravy in the garage,  it’s not till success happens that deeper faults become apparent. 

Sailor just gave me a place to write about whatever I wanted and I was in a life space to do that.  I didn’t actually know any of the original 360 crew that formed the core of the site.

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I mean,  I had no idea at all,  until there was an explosion in a comments thread that had to do with basketball and something on TOS.  I guess it’s like a band:  it’s all gravy in the garage,  it’s not till success happens that deeper faults become apparent. 

Sailor just gave me a place to write about whatever I wanted and I was in a life space to do that.  I didn’t actually know any of the original 360 crew that formed the core of the site.

I don't want to point fingers but you were definitely the one who ruined the site

• Like 1

• 9 months later...