Funeral stuff

Equinox

Kind of unconventional stuff, that is.

I attended two funerals last week. First was the father of some of our friends, an old bastard that was a huge Odessa Permian fan. At the end of the funeral, they played Hawaii 5-0. Some of the people (my wife included) were doing the little arm wave they do during a game. It was awesome.

Second was a nephew, the stepson of my brother (who himself passed away about 5 years ago). He was involved in drag racing and sometimes worked the pits at a local drag strip. After the funeral when they took his casket outside to be placed in the hearse, one of his buddies hopped in his hotrod and did a long, huge burnout in the church parking lot. Again, awesome.

I can't think of anything cool that I'd like to have done for me. Just play this song-

100% serious, I will have a bagpiper playing Amazing Grace (Scotch heritage), and a keg by my casket where after the service everyone can come up and raise a glass to me one last time.

Also, the dress will be jeans/t-shirt. No suits, ties or "nice dresses" allowed.