Great Western Movies

ernest_t_bass

Unforgiven

"Yeah well, a lot of folks did call him 'Two-Gun' but that wasn't because he was sporting two pistols. That was because he had a dick that was so big it was longer than the barrel of that Walker Colt that he carried. And the only "insultin' to a lady" he ever did was to stick that thing of his into this French lady that Bob here was kind of sweet on."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?

Nothing obscure or too cool for the room here. I like The Outlaw Josey Wales

And the one on the right?
Never paid no him no mind.
You were there.
I could have missed.

Rio Lobo (great casting and Shasta is smoke)

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

Would you consider "Giant" a western?  

I'm never sure it qualifies, mainly because it's set in the 20th century and the only shooting that takes place is when Bic shoots a rattlesnake.  I always categorized it as "Texas Epic"...a classification all its own.

• Hook 'Em 1

Da hell, gentlemen?

No Audie Murphy movies? The Texican w/ Broderick Crawford and Ride a Crooked Trail.

I'll add Seven Men from Now and Coroner Creek both with Randolph Scott.

And you can't take great westerns without mentioning Fort Apache(Fonda/Wayne) and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

John Wayne's The Cowboys.

"I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger....................................................and those I am about to."

And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.
BigJakeWayne.jpg
Great flick. One of the first movies I have a memory of watching with my dad.

Yeah it’s gonna pretty unsettling watching each Howard being with the others woman but I’m definitely looking forward to it. JK Simmons amazes me, first time I remember seeing him was in OZ and that performance was unsettling to say the least.

16 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Comedic westerns are underrated. Scalphunters is a stop down for me.

Evil Roy Slade

Yeah, I get the gritty hard bit ones too. The Professionals is one that hasn't been mentioned so far. 

But the drunken gunfighter won Lee Marvin an Oscar. 

Mega bonus points for Evil Roy Slade.  John Astin is pure genius in that movie.

The professionals was also greatness.

Edited by Duckman
formatting with pics