Arlington cops pisses self over dog barking and kills woman

DigglerontheHoof

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/08/01/arlington-police-investigating-shooting-involving-officer

Another brave hero

Spoiler

A woman died Thursday after an Arlington officer shot her while firing at an approaching loose dog, according to a preliminary police investigation. 

First responders were called about 5:15 p.m. to check on a woman who was reported to be passed out in a grassy area near Cantor Drive and North Collins Street. 

The officer approached the woman and noticed an unrestrained dog. When the officer called out to the woman, the dog began to run at the officer and bark, police said.  

The officer retreated from the dog, pulled out his gun and fired multiple times at the dog, police said. 

Police said in a written statement that the woman yelled after the shots were fired and that it was "apparent she was injured."

manslaughter

31 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/08/01/arlington-police-investigating-shooting-involving-officer

Another brave hero

Hide contents

A woman died Thursday after an Arlington officer shot her while firing at an approaching loose dog, according to a preliminary police investigation. 

First responders were called about 5:15 p.m. to check on a woman who was reported to be passed out in a grassy area near Cantor Drive and North Collins Street. 

The officer approached the woman and noticed an unrestrained dog. When the officer called out to the woman, the dog began to run at the officer and bark, police said.  

The officer retreated from the dog, pulled out his gun and fired multiple times at the dog, police said. 

Police said in a written statement that the woman yelled after the shots were fired and that it was "apparent she was injured."

I would freak out too if a big dog attacked me. And if I had a gun, I would shoot it. And if I missed and hit an innocent bystander, I would be tried for murder. And I would probably get convicted of manslaughter.

• Like 1

From the story:

The woman, whose name has not been released, was taken to a local hospital, where she died. 

The patrol officer's name has not been released. 

The incident was captured by body camera, which will be part of the investigation, police said. 

So many unanswered questions here. Was the woman down because of the dog or was it her dog? What kind of dog? Was it 5lb or 50lb? 

Need to see the cam.

37 minutes ago, Bevo said:

manslaughter

I would freak out too if a big dog attacked me. And if I had a gun, I would shoot it. And if I missed and hit an innocent bystander, I would be tried for murder. And I would probably get convicted of manslaughter.

Do cops not carry night sticks anymore?  I guarantee you, if you wack a dog upside the head w/ a night stick, it's going to end the attack.  Cops seem to think every fucking thing on earth requires a deadly force response.  This motherfucker should not only get fired but charged w/ involuntary manslaughter.  Fucking pussy cops.  JFC

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Bevo said:

manslaughter

Well..... oooooobviously yer not a cop.....

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

manslaughter

yea but if you missed the dog, youd probably be dead from it attacking you so maybe its dogslaughter?

• Like 1

I get that a few dozen officers died at the hands of criminals opening fire on them.  It's a damn tragedy and my heart feels for their families.  And many of the rest of them use this small percentage as an excuse to needlessly murder hundreds of Americans each year.  I don't think it's a justification, but I'm not gonna change their minds.  

Having said that, somebody remind me exactly how many police officers die each year because of dog attacks.  Oh yeah, it's zero.  

3 officers died last year drowning, but none died from dog attacks/bites.   And 2 were struck by trains.  And 2 accidentally shot themselves.  

So by their outstanding rationale, you can't pull a gun on a dog anymore but you can shoot at large bodies of water, you can shoot at trains (parked or moving), and you can now shoot at your own weapon.  

Gotta make it home at night...

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Do cops not carry night sticks anymore?  I guarantee you, if you wack a dog upside the head w/ a night stick, it's going to end the attack.  Cops seem to think every fucking thing on earth requires a deadly force response.  This motherfucker should not only get fired but charged w/ involuntary manslaughter.  Fucking pussy cops.  JFC

But see, on the other hand, cops are pussies. 

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They definitely carry pepper spray.

the police union will give him a medal for surviving the vicious dog attack.  the DA will be too much of a pussy to charge the dipshit with anything.  lastly the police will sully this woman's reputation by leaking a report she got a speeding ticket 20 years ago for going 46 in a 40, insinuating that she rightfully got what she deserved.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

the police union will give him a medal for surviving the vicious dog attack.  the DA will be too much of a pussy to charge the dipshit with anything.  lastly the police will sully this woman's reputation by leaking a report she got a speeding ticket 20 years ago for going 46 in a 40, insinuating that she rightfully got what she deserved.

Yep. Cops are heroes and above the law! How dare anyone think of holding them accountable. 

Are the same people in Dallas that are trying to assess the breed of the dog   also the same people behind that female cops toxicology report ?    Any article about a human attacking a police officer or presenting a threat to a police officer   Immediately lists that persons race gender and sometimes size      But we can’t even get the approximate breed of this dog ?    If you can’t tell the difference between the threat from a beagle and a threat from a German Shepherd ,  then you sure as shit can’t tell the difference in the threat level between a human that is dangerous and a human that is just confused     And you definitely don’t deserve a service weapon    

We already know so much about this woman but there’s no information about the dog

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I get that a few dozen officers died at the hands of criminals opening fire on them.  It's a damn tragedy and my heart feels for their families.  And many of the rest of them use this small percentage as an excuse to needlessly murder hundreds of Americans each year.  I don't think it's a justification, but I'm not gonna change their minds.  

Having said that, somebody remind me exactly how many police officers die each year because of dog attacks.  Oh yeah, it's zero.  

3 officers died last year drowning, but none died from dog attacks/bites.   And 2 were struck by trains.  And 2 accidentally shot themselves.  

So by their outstanding rationale, you can't pull a gun on a dog anymore but you can shoot at large bodies of water, you can shoot at trains (parked or moving), and you can now shoot at your own weapon.  

Gotta make it home at night...

I hate cops with a passion but this is flawed logic. Cops have guns. Why would they ever let a dog successfully maul them to death? Of course there are going to be zero incidents of a dog killing a cop. Because when they are attacked, they put them down. As they should. I know the nutty dog culture we have in this country puts a dog's life over humans many times but I have zero issue with firing at a dog attacking you. Any dog that attacks in general needs to be put down anyways. No place in society for dogs who do that (although the owners will 95% side with the dog and say he was "provoked"). A cop should never be mauled by a dog because he has means to diffuse the situation. Now I am not condoning shooting a dog just because it's looking at you but if it is attacking you with blood on its mind, sure. Stray dogs are an issue in many cities (South Dallas being one). These dogs are no longer domesticated and are functioning on pure survival skills and will eat anything it can, including humans. Any dog off a leash that is attacking is pretty dangerous. 

Back to the actual shooting, though. There was a witness who swears it did not go down like this and that this shooting was foul and the cop is covering it up by mentioning the dog. Yeah take it with a grain of salt but with how cops have operated in the past, definitely won't dismiss it. Because there were so many questions with the original story itself. Curious to see what comes of this, if anything.

Capture.png

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I hate cops with a passion but this is flawed logic. Cops have guns. Why would they ever let a dog successfully maul them to death? Of course there are going to be zero incidents of a dog killing a cop. Because when they are attacked, they put them down. As they should. I know the nutty dog culture we have in this country puts a dog's life over humans many times but I have zero issue with firing at a dog attacking you. Any dog that attacks in general needs to be put down anyways. No place in society for dogs who do that (although the owners will 95% side with the dog and say he was "provoked"). A cop should never be mauled by a dog because he has means to diffuse the situation. Now I am not condoning shooting a dog just because it's looking at you but if it is attacking you with blood on its mind, sure. Stray dogs are an issue in many cities (South Dallas being one). These dogs are no longer domesticated and are functioning on pure survival skills and will eat anything it can, including humans. Any dog off a leash that is attacking is pretty dangerous. 

Back to the actual shooting, though. There was a witness who swears it did not go down like this and that this shooting was foul and the cop is covering it up by mentioning the dog. Yeah take it with a grain of salt but with how cops have operated in the past, definitely won't dismiss it. Because there were so many questions with the original story itself. Curious to see what comes of this, if anything.

Capture.png

Well, if he literally shit her, I don't know if I want to see that bodycam video.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Capture.png

Death by getting shit on has debuted at #5 on my list of ways I do not want to die.

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, if he literally shit her, I don't know if I want to see that bodycam video.....

Speak for yourself.

Seriously though, firearm safety 101 rule #1: be certain of your target and what's behind your target. This idiot cop should be charged with manslaughter at the very least, and never allowed to possess or use a firearm again.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Saw a report earlier that it was the Arlington fire chiefs daughger that was killed. Could get interesting

yep.  she was homeless.

Margarita "Maggie" Brooks, 30, was taken to Medical City Arlington, where she died at 6 p.m., according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office.

A spokesman for the Arlington Fire Department said Brooks is the daughter of a city fire captain, WFAA-TV (Channel 😎 reported.

First responders were called about 5:15 p.m. to check on Brooks, who was reported to be passed out in a grassy area near Cantor Drive and North Collins Street. 

A police officer approached her and noticed an unrestrained dog. When the officer called out to the woman, the dog began to run at the officer and bark, police said.  

The incident started with a welfare check on Brooks, whom acquaintances described as homeless, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Larry Hamilton, a 64-year-old who often tries to find work outside this Arlington Walmart, said he knew the woman killed by an officer as well as her boyfriend. He said they had a small brown dog and “she was real loving to the dog.” The dog “was her soul,” he said.

Embedded video

Justin Patton, who owns CBD American Shaman, said everyone in the shopping center knew the couple to be friendly and never caused problems. He said Brooks always appeared to be put together, but that she and the man were there every day. 

Patton also said it was hard to believe the dog was being aggressive because it was always friendly to store owners and customers. 

One employee at a Walmart in the shopping complex Brooks often visited said she and her boyfriend would rest under a large tree in the parking lot and described the dog as possibly a puppy. He said it looked like a small pit bull mixed with another breed, according to the Star-Telegram.

Pretty amazing how cops are exactly the opposite of responsible gun owners. Over the years I’ve had the occasional run in with wild humans and pissed of dogs. Got out of all of those situations unarmed and got home safely.

It may not be in the books, but there’s definitely a shoot first mentality that many cops across the country live by.

7 hours ago, crash_davis said:

DA a pussy?

Na, na man.  It ain't about being a pussy, it's about being cunts.

As in DA's are cunts in league with the cunts with badges.

It's not about being afraid, it's about being part of the "club".

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Is the dog okay?

Apparently so.  Under observation cuz it might be rabid dontcha know.

Also, why is a rookie with a week on the job allowed to approach someone alone with their gun drawn?

Edited by TwiceHorn