Arlington cops pisses self over dog barking and kills woman

DigglerontheHoof

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well they said it’s a terrier.  Those can only get so big.  If a squirrel attacks you and you shoot it claiming it was a 75 pound squirrel—-then it wasn’t a fucking squirrel was it?   It was a lion.  

Terrier just means ground hunter. They were sized for what they hunted, so yes there are large terriers. 

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

WAIT.  back the fuck up!

he had his gun drawn on a welfare check approaching on a woman lying on the side walk?????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah let’s start here. What the fuck was he so scared of? That’s why these fuckers shoot everything they see. A fart in the wind terrifies them. If you’re that scared, find another line of work

On 8/3/2019 at 12:06 PM, Lobo said:

I honestly can’t tell...it was a terrier?   Even with some mutt in him and overdfed, that’s 20-25 pounds...tops!   And it’s biggest teeth could maybe pierce adult unclothed skin after 2-3 snaps/or a ten second grind?   

Again if you can’t assess the myriad danger levels of different types and sizes and speeds of dogs ,   You certainly do not have the situational awareness required to assess human threat levels.   Every police force needs desk jockeys and meter maiDs, And this guy has that career advancement written all over him

What kind of a fucking asshole sees a woman shot and then demands answers from her?   And if one of you  apologists wants to say that he probably didn’t know he shot her ,   Hey then maybe that’s a good indicator you shouldn’t be firing your weapon .    If you don’t know precisely what else could be hit by one of your rounds don’t fire one.    Between these fucking All-Stars and a homicidal RoboCop ,  put me on team Peter Weller 

Oh no, the cop went to the old failsafe fall back... "It appeared to be a pit bull mix of some kind". Fucking bastards...all of them.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well they said it’s a terrier.  Those can only get so big.  If a squirrel attacks you and you shoot it claiming it was a 75 pound squirrel—-then it wasn’t a fucking squirrel was it?   It was a lion.  

Lol... someday I'll have to tell you the story about the rabid attack squirrels that beseiged my home... not kidding either.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Lol... someday I'll have to tell you the story about the rabid attack squirrels that beseiged my home... not kidding either.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2019 at 4:49 AM, SKJ said:

You do know that 99% of dogs will literally not bite you if you are facing them, right?

That 1% are trained protection dogs.

I got bit by a pitbull I was facing in January. If it wasn’t leashed and I didn’t successfully kick it off I really think he would’ve torn my leg off. The thing had a bear trap bite. 

If this dog was a pitbull, I don’t blame the officer for shooting one bit. I don’t care how “trained” you think your pitbull is, being a violent killer is in their blood. Anything can bring that out at any time. I do blame the cop for being a terrible shot, however. Should be fired. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I got bit by a pitbull I was facing in January. If it wasn’t leashed and I didn’t successfully kick it off I really think he would’ve torn my leg off. The thing had a bear trap bite. 

If this dog was a pitbull, I don’t blame the officer for shooting one bit. I don’t care how “trained” you think your pitbull is, being a violent killer is in their blood. Anything can bring that out at any time. I do blame the cop for being a terrible shot, however. Should be fired. 

If being a violent killer is in the blood of a pitbull, wouldn't it be in the blood of almost every other breed as well?

So this cop and pit bulls have a lot in common then? 

Yeah, big lingering question is why was your weapon already drawn on a welfare check?

Report is a woman passed out in a residential area.  So your first instinct is unholster your weapon?  I'm sure it'll later be fabricated that there were reports of shots fired or a sexual assault nearby, so he was obviously clearing the area of any perps before checking on the woman up close.  Right?  I mean, we gotta get our stories straight here.  

Our IT guy just sent out an email about a fake settlement site designed to try and get you to enter your personal data. The link in this thread appears to be the same link from his email.  He said the real site is an FTC site - https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/refunds/equifax-data-breach-settlement.  If so, half of surly just had their personal info stolen and someone should send a thank you note to the paper.

Just as I expected, heated exchanges at the Arlington FD v. PD charity softball game.  

Some questionable balls and strikes were being called throughout the day and then this exchange...

Arlington Fire Captain:  "This is bullshit blue, you've been calling a wide strikezone for them all damn day.  Be fucking consistent!" 

Arlington Police Captain:  "Oh stop, you're just upset we killed your daughter!"  

• 2 months later...

Surprised this fell out of the limelight so fast.  It's about as bad as any of the recent ones.

But, and this is a good contrast, this is one that will not catch a murder charge.

Because the intentional act of shooting was directed at the dog, not the ultimate victim, her death was caused by either the recklessness (manslaughter) or the criminal negligence (CNH) of the act of shooting at the dog with a human backstop.

4 hours ago, thestud said:

While I appreciate the conspiracy theories everyone loves to jump to in these instances, that’s not the case at all.
He’s been with the city for over 5 years, so he’s vested. Whether he’s terminated or resigns, that money is his. The only thing affected is his accrued sick time. He can sell it back to the city for a lump sum check paid out at separation. If he were terminated they don’t have to pay him for it.

Pontificating The granularity of myriad municipal pension vesting schedules qualifies as conspiracy theories to you?   You sound like a hoot at parties 

3 hours ago, thestud said:

5 years gets you vested, which means you get to keep all of the city’s contributions. If you separate before 5 years they take all of their contributions back.

Every city has a different pension system. Arlington uses the most common one in TMRS (Texas Municipal Retirement System).

a1cdaf21760efd96912c5cfcf2e8bd75.jpg

So he’s going to go work for some other pd and have 2 pensions (at least) when he turns 60

This would probably be a good time to let you know I invest police pension money and I’m fucking great at it.  Most of them deserve the best returns.  

you know how there’s accident/unplanned babies?   And there’s IVF babies?  And surrogate babies?   You seem like a pre-cum baby.  It’s just ball busting sweetheart, I’m doing my part in the real world.