Arlington cops pisses self over dog barking and kills woman

DigglerontheHoof

Unbelievable. Needs to be manslaughter. Being a an Uber bitch shouldn’t allow you to fire into a neighborhood with no consequences. 

4-8 years prison and never wears a badge or touches a gun again. 

He’ll get paid leave and you’ll like it.

Can’t lose this hero; he’s needed to protect and serve.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Pretty amazing how cops are exactly the opposite of responsible gun owners. Over the years I’ve had the occasional run in with wild humans and pissed of dogs. Got out of all of those situations unarmed and got home safely.

It may not be in the books, but there’s definitely a shoot first mentality that many cops across the country live by.

Chapter 1, page 1 of the Cop's Handbook.

3 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Pretty amazing how cops are exactly the opposite of responsible gun owners. Over the years I’ve had the occasional run in with wild humans and pissed of dogs. Got out of all of those situations unarmed and got home safely.

It may not be in the books, but there’s definitely a shoot first mentality that many cops across the country live by.

Chapter 1, page 1 of the Cop's Handbook.

Not that it will make a difference but some of you all that are  good at that kind of video analysis stuff..... I realize the dog was approaching him but what would you say was the range between he and the dog when he opened fire ?   To me it looks like about 50 feet and closing

Edited by Lobo

Is that really a thing?   I certainly get that for a human coming at you with a knife or heroin fisticuffs, but shouldn’t there be a different rule for dogs or snapping turtles?

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Is that really a thing?   I certainly get that for a human coming at you with a knife or heroin fisticuffs, but shouldn’t there be a different rule for dogs or snapping turtles?

Ducks and geese need their own rules of engagement. Fuckers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Saw a report earlier that it was the Arlington fire chiefs daughger that was killed. Could get interesting

Reminds me of that old Law and Order episode when Chris Noth still played Detective Mike Logan. He walks into the fire station with his lesbo looking partner and incites a brawl with the FD guys. Police versus Fire Department, who wins?

• Like 1

Never, ever, call the police. Sure, there are obvious times to do so. But there's a clear trend where it leads to someone innocent and in need of help getting killed by a jittery, tribal tatted meathead trained under the new "us vs. them," militant brand of an occupying force. Sadists or panic-stricken, pants shitters seem to be the cream rising to the top lately. I don't hate cops. I just know that there are slight margins of good apples these days. You'd be better off calling the zeta cartel or the crips. In all seriousness, I'd rather deal with Sonny Barger or Monster Kody than a steroid addled coward with a glock. The art of de-esculating tense situations is gone. These clowns ramp up bullshit where there is none prior to their arrival. Apparently all it takes is a terrier or a house cat to send loose rounds flying. What a fragile twat this one turned out to be. 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I hate cops with a passion but this is flawed logic. Cops have guns. Why would they ever let a dog successfully maul them to death? Of course there are going to be zero incidents of a dog killing a cop. Because when they are attacked, they put them down. As they should. I know the nutty dog culture we have in this country puts a dog's life over humans many times but I have zero issue with firing at a dog attacking you. Any dog that attacks in general needs to be put down anyways. No place in society for dogs who do that (although the owners will 95% side with the dog and say he was "provoked"). A cop should never be mauled by a dog because he has means to diffuse the situation. Now I am not condoning shooting a dog just because it's looking at you but if it is attacking you with blood on its mind, sure. Stray dogs are an issue in many cities (South Dallas being one). These dogs are no longer domesticated and are functioning on pure survival skills and will eat anything it can, including humans. Any dog off a leash that is attacking is pretty dangerous. 

Back to the actual shooting, though. There was a witness who swears it did not go down like this and that this shooting was foul and the cop is covering it up by mentioning the dog. Yeah take it with a grain of salt but with how cops have operated in the past, definitely won't dismiss it. Because there were so many questions with the original story itself. Curious to see what comes of this, if anything.

Capture.png

You do know that 99% of dogs will literally not bite you if you are facing them, right?

That 1% are trained protection dogs.

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

You do know that 99% of dogs will literally not bite you if you are facing them, right?

That 1% are trained protection dogs.

There were 4.7 million dog bite cases in the US last year. None of those people saw it coming? Sneaky fucking dogs.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Reminds me of that old Law and Order episode when Chris Noth still played Detective Mike Logan. He walks into the fire station with his lesbo looking partner and incites a brawl with the FD guys. Police versus Fire Department, who wins?

Rescue Me really highlighted the rivalry between PD and FD. "We don't kill people on purpose."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

I get that a few dozen officers died at the hands of criminals opening fire on them.  It's a damn tragedy and my heart feels for their families.  And many of the rest of them use this small percentage as an excuse to needlessly murder hundreds of Americans each year.  I don't think it's a justification, but I'm not gonna change their minds.  

Having said that, somebody remind me exactly how many police officers die each year because of dog attacks.  Oh yeah, it's zero.  

3 officers died last year drowning, but none died from dog attacks/bites.   And 2 were struck by trains.  And 2 accidentally shot themselves.  

So by their outstanding rationale, you can't pull a gun on a dog anymore but you can shoot at large bodies of water, you can shoot at trains (parked or moving), and you can now shoot at your own weapon.  

Gotta make it home at night...

I hope in the future that cops, firefighters, mail men, maybe even you and your grand kids go go through this logic stream while under duress and come up with,"I'm not gonna die, just get chewed on for a while".

And then to interview the the other homeless as creditable witnesess who don't have a dog in this fight(dyswidt?) Is fanning the flames. 

If you live in Austin, you could have offered  her and "5lb  lab mix" Toto a spot on the sidewalk in front of your house.

9 hours ago, smuggs said:

God forbid you jump side saddle on that fence right next to you. That’s what every UPS and FedEx delivery guy on this planet would have done. 

What a dildo.

Or, you know, carry dog treats or something. When our old UPS driver would pull up all of the neighborhood dogs would run up to his truck and even jump in with him to get their treats. If you act threatened by a dog, on the other hand, the dog will treat you as a threat.

I recently took in a pit bull mix off the streets. Awwwww. It was a mistake. I love her and visa versa. But you do not want to be on the other end of her charge. It's petrifying  and acting non-threatening just makes you an easy prey.  She will stop at nothing, including injuring herself to escape the yard. Now 1000's of dollars later spent on fencing supplies we're getting there. See Help thread. 

Time to dig some more post holes. Fuck me.

Edited by Nolacycling

36 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Or, you know, carry dog treats or something. When our old UPS driver would pull up all of the neighborhood dogs would run up to his truck and even jump in with him to get their treats. If you act threatened by a dog, on the other hand, the dog will treat you as a threat.

Where do you live that "all the neighborhood dogs run up..." ? 

Edited by Nolacycling
Guess cat pop. Is kept down.

All DFW bodycams use the Sutro filter to make everyone they may come into contact with, seem very dark and very dangerous.  It's a bold strategy.  Their technology makes Edgar Winter look as menacing as Mike Tyson.  

I'm honestly surprised his camera worked and that they released the footage so quickly.  Maybe that's a hint of progress.  still had a half dozen options...plus let's bring up the fact that their department isn't...Not just the poor woman he murdered in the background of his shots...that fenced-in "alley" got very densely wooded very quickly in front of him in a very residential area.  This time of year...who tends to play near trees at that time of day when school is out for Summer?  Oh yeah, children.  With that shitty of aim and that many rounds into the shadowy distance, he could have taken out a couple of kids.  

To be fair, that dog was moving and appears to mid-size.  BUt he had a number of choices and firing into obfuscated brush wasn't a great one.

But yeah, sometimes you gotta open fire near some kids on summer break to make it home at night, amirite?  I think that's literally the mission patch phrase in latin.

2 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Where do you live that "all the neighborhood dogs run up..." ? 

I live on thend end of a road that dead ends at a lake. There are no houses on the road except at the end on the lake. So most of my neighbors have dogs that run free. When the UPS driver has deliveries, he just pulls up and parks his truck at the end of the road and carries his packages to all the houses. The dogs all run up to him because they know he has treats. Same thing happens with the mail lady.

28 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what a fuckface.  jesus fucking christ.  it's a goddamn terrier.  it probably weighs 7 pounds.

when he goes shopping, does he just blow people away to clear the aisle?

the casual tone in his voice "shots fired".  fuck this bastard.

I honestly can’t tell...it was a terrier?   Even with some mutt in him and overdfed, that’s 20-25 pounds...tops!   And it’s biggest teeth could maybe pierce adult unclothed skin after 2-3 snaps/or a ten second grind?   

Again if you can’t assess the myriad danger levels of different types and sizes and speeds of dogs ,   You certainly do not have the situational awareness required to assess human threat levels.   Every police force needs desk jockeys and meter maiDs, And this guy has that career advancement written all over him

What kind of a fucking asshole sees a woman shot and then demands answers from her?   And if one of you  apologists wants to say that he probably didn’t know he shot her ,   Hey then maybe that’s a good indicator you shouldn’t be firing your weapon .    If you don’t know precisely what else could be hit by one of your rounds don’t fire one.    Between these fucking All-Stars and a homicidal RoboCop ,  put me on team Peter Weller 

Yeah captain dipshit, I realized that.  My point was more tacit...that her main label in reporting earlier was "FD Captain's daughter"...then when the shit truly hit the fan, it quickly shifted to "Homeless woman" to buy the APD some quick coverage.  Fucking-A, not everything is about how much you claim "I feel things more deeply than most" at craft cocktail parties.  You wanna take the pepsi challenge on who helps the homeless population more in Austin, I swear on your disappointed parents---I win every fucking time.  My comments on this thread, in case you are borderline illiterate and dumb, are about the skewing of the police narrative.  And the "whose daughter" and "who's homeless" dynamic is very much a part of that.  I'm sure you often wish you weren't so intelligent so you wouldn't see all the problems in the world that most people are obtuse to?  What a goddamn champ you turned out to be.  

Edited by Lobo

I recently took in a pit bull mix off the streets. Awwwww. It was a mistake. I love her and visa versa. But you do not want to be on the other end of her charge. It's petrifying  and acting non-threatening just makes you an easy prey.  She will stop at nothing, including injuring herself to escape the yard. Now 1000's of dollars later spent on fencing supplies we're getting there. See Help thread. 
Time to dig some more post holes. Fuck me.

Been there. Only way I got it to stop was to put an invisible fence inside of my privacy fence. Said privacy fence is also braced with hog paneling around the entire perimeter. Only took a day for her to learn that she would get shocked anytime she approached the fence and would continue to be shocked until she got away from it. The hog paneling keeps her from going at a full sprint straight through the wood pickets.

Also, this dog is super cuddly. But she’s big. She will run straight at you, barking, then tuck ‘n roll into a ball at your feet expecting to have her belly scratched. I have zero doubts she will be shot if she ever encounters a cop.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, thestud said:

I honestly can’t think of anything to say to that, I’m laughing entirely too hard. That rivals some of Grendel’s missives as far as entertainment value. You get a gold star sweet boy.

My position at the City of Austin helps homeless people.  

Your position in real life is a constant source of disappointment to your family.  You are the reason your mother almost killed herself

Some us have to solve issues in this city.  Some of us have to play video games and keep from cutting ourselves at night.  Either way, happy to buy you a beer.

10 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, if you face and bow up to most dogs, they'll stop in their tracks. Particularly tiny ones like the one that rushed this "hero".

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I honestly can’t tell...it was a terrier?   Even with some mutt in him and overdfed, that’s 20-25 pounds...tops!   And it’s biggest teeth could maybe pierce adult unclothed skin after 2-3 snaps/or a ten second grind?   

Again if you can’t assess the myriad danger levels of different types and sizes and speeds of dogs ,   You certainly do not have the situational awareness required to assess human threat levels. 

Excellent point.  Well ..., If it was part of a cops training to assess all the variations and levels of dog threats this would be an excellent point. 

They are trained to shoot any and all threatening dogs.  So really, they're trained to be a pussy.  Pussies don't like aggressive dogs.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, Mojo Hand said:

"The  incident started with a welfare check on Brooks" 

Never call the cops unless it's worth dying over. 

Ain't that the truth.  My family has been instructed to never invite the police into our house.  We have 2 newfies that love to bark (and lick).  They would definitely be shot before the cops made it in the front door.

Well they said it’s a terrier.  Those can only get so big.  If a squirrel attacks you and you shoot it claiming it was a 75 pound squirrel—-then it wasn’t a fucking squirrel was it?   It was a lion.