The Boys

C-Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Posted in the Amazon Thread, but wanted to keep this one updated. Love this show. As everyone has said, Urban nails this role as Homelander.

Starlight is straight up smoke. Maeve is hot. Shue is still hot, but aged. Stormfront, meh. Some of you might recognize that’s Aya Cash, who was on You’re The Worst. Seems there were fellow fans of that show on here.

Edited by lateshow
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Posted in the Amazon Thread, but wanted to keep this one updated. Love this show. As everyone has said, Urban nails this role as Homelander.

Starlight is straight up smoke. Maeve is hot. Shue is still hot, but aged. Stormfront, meh. Some of you might recognize that’s Aya Cash, who was on You’re The Worst. Seems there were fellow fans of that show on here.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, lateshow said:

Maeve was much better as a Blonde on Hell on Wheels.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 11:35 PM, lateshow said:

I really liked Banshee and did not realize same guy played Homelander. He's a great actor.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had this in my cue since it debuted, but never had time to watch by myself since the wife wasn’t interested. I powered through S1 and S2 in the past 4 days and thought it was awesome for realistic perspectives on flawed superheroes, graphic but realistic gore, and the dialogue of Billy Butcher. I read an abridged version of the comics, so the changes in the show were pleasant surprises. I am generally not a fan of creators throwing in their divisive personal politics when it’s unnecessary in an otherwise brilliant show or movie. I wasn’t surprised though that Seth Rogan and friends would tie together Stormfront as an analogy to Trump or conservatives with national populist positions, then being anti-immigrant, overly pro-military or arms race, then straight up making her a descendant of the actual Nazis and a fan of Hitler. It was subtle as a freight train. 

Also, assuming most of the audience of this show is male heterosexuals, who made the call to have zero female nudity but several scenes of Translucent’s dong, Homelander and Deep’s asses, and all the scenes of Deep’s disgusting gill pussies? I hope for redemption in the form of Maeve and Starlight scissoring while the mute Asian supe does naked pummel horse in the background. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I had this in my cue since it debuted, but never had time to watch by myself since the wife wasn’t interested. I powered through S1 and S2 in the past 4 days and thought it was awesome for realistic perspectives on flawed superheroes, graphic but realistic gore, and the dialogue of Billy Butcher. I read an abridged version of the comics, so the changes in the show were pleasant surprises. I am generally not a fan of creators throwing in their divisive personal politics when it’s unnecessary in an otherwise brilliant show or movie. I wasn’t surprised though that Seth Rogan and friends would tie together Stormfront as an analogy to Trump or conservatives with national populist positions, then being anti-immigrant, overly pro-military or arms race, then straight up making her a descendant of the actual Nazis and a fan of Hitler. It was subtle as a freight train. 

Also, assuming most of the audience of this show is male heterosexuals, who made the call to have zero female nudity but several scenes of Translucent’s dong, Homelander and Deep’s asses, and all the scenes of Deep’s disgusting gill pussies? I hope for redemption in the form of Maeve and Starlight scissoring while the mute Asian supe does naked pummel horse in the background. 

Seth Rogan

22 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Did I just imagine Popclaw getting nekkid?  She was hot.  

On 4/3/2022 at 10:50 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

I am generally not a fan of creators throwing in their divisive personal politics when it’s unnecessary in an otherwise brilliant show or movie. I wasn’t surprised though that Seth Rogan and friends would tie together Stormfront as an analogy to Trump or conservatives with national populist positions, then being anti-immigrant, overly pro-military or arms race, then straight up making her a descendant of the actual Nazis and a fan of Hitler. It was subtle as a freight train. 

I mean, Stormfront was a literal nazi in the comics too lol. "Stormfront" is also the name of a white nationalist hate website that's been around since 1995, 11 years before the character was introduced in the comics, so I'm pretty comfortable assuming that the writers knew what they were doing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...