2020 RB Bijan Robinson

The recruiting board is no place for practical jokes. It is strait forward like a Mexican brothel. We are all her for one thing. Come in, get your fix, don’t make eye contact and dont say shit unless it realistic sounding info about athletic Highschool boys.   Wait...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Gotta keep him and Kevin Washington in contact- Bible verse texts every day. Don't care if Washington has to proof text at Osteen levels. Some things are just too important.

Or just maybe write some of his own: "and the LORD sayeth that he who follows the orange calf will be exalted in His kingdom (Leviticus 4:39)"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Or just maybe write some of his own: "and the LORD sayeth that he who follows the orange calf will be exalted in His kingdom (Leviticus 4:39)"

I'm all about it. Though a few select verses taken out of context could be effective...

"Hey Bijan, randomly opened up to this verse today and felt called to share: 'If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.' TTYL!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Everyone who whines about a commit's thread getting bumped is a gigantic pussy. They either decommitted or didn't. They either got injured or didn't. 

Every recruit who commits gets his own thread. Why should good updates have to go on some combined non-specific thread just because y'all claim to actually have an emotional reaction? That's dumb. Our commits should have the awesome shit they do posted on their personal thread of badassery.

Here here, or is it hear hear!? 

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Everyone who whines about a commit's thread getting bumped is a gigantic pussy. They either decommitted or didn't. They either got injured or didn't. 

Every recruit who commits gets his own thread. Why should good updates have to go on some combined non-specific thread just because y'all claim to actually have an emotional reaction? That's dumb. Our commits should have the awesome shit they do posted on their personal thread of badassery.

My involuntary emotional responses don’t care about your logic.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes I think we get so bummed about our own program that we forget how great it has been over time. Our perspective gets too limited. We're nearing the end of a long drought. That's all. I give the kid credit for being a student of college football history. And, for wanting to be instrumental in putting it back into present tense. Hearing a young person speak with such confidence about our future makes me feel a lot better.

• Like 3

On 12/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, 1leggedduck said:

Sometimes I think we get so bummed about our own program that we forget how great it has been over time. Our perspective gets too limited. We're nearing the end of a long drought. That's all. I give the kid credit for being a student of college football history. And, for wanting to be instrumental in putting it back into present tense. Hearing a young person speak with such confidence about our future makes me feel a lot better.

It makes me feel a bit uneasy. He’s entrusting much of his football future to a dysfunctional organization. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy he has the confidence to believe that through sheer talent and will he can achieve his best operating within a very chaotic system that appears to lack sound leadership.

obviously the pitch is “help us get Texas back to where it should be”, I just kind of cringe at the all-world players that came here buying into that pitch and ended up being coached by men incapable of helping them achieve their best.

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It makes me feel a bit uneasy. He’s entrusting much of his football future to a dysfunctional organization. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy he has the confidence to believe that through sheer talent and will he can achieve his best operating within a very chaotic system that appears to lack sound leadership.

obviously the pitch is “help us get Texas back to where it should be”, I just kind of cringe at the all-world players that came here buying into that pitch and ended up being coached by men incapable of helping them achieve their best.

Jesus, I mean I get a lot of the hate, but we did win a Sugar Bowl last year and were comfortably bowl-eligible this year with a whole slew of injuries. He's not committing to Charlie Strong here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Jesus, I mean I get a lot of the hate, but we did win a Sugar Bowl last year and were comfortably bowl-eligible this year with a whole slew of injuries. He's not committing to Charlie Strong here.

What hate? I’m just pointing out something that is very obvious/accurate: the Texas football program is currently in a state of turmoil. It’s been in the state for the better part of a decade, and I think it’s fair to say that has had a negative impact on the development of players and their ability to pursue football professionally (see the last decade of Texas draft results).

what, specifically, do you disagree with me about?

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What hate? I’m just pointing out something that is very obvious/accurate: the Texas football program is currently in a state of turmoil. It’s been in the state for the better part of a decade, and I think it’s fair to say that has had a negative impact on the development of players and their ability to pursue football professionally (see the last decade of Texas draft results).

what, specifically, do you disagree with me about?

I think it's generally true, but you've cast it in the worst possible light - there's a pretty easy way to sell the program that sounds very positive that's equally true.

• Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

I think it's generally true, but you've cast it in the worst possible light - there's a pretty easy way to sell the program that sounds very positive that's equally true.

What’s that pitch right now? Obviously there is a TON of non-football selling points to attending Texas, but when it comes down to the football pitch, I would assume whether it’s implicit or explicit the promise to the kid and his parents is this:

“we will develop you so that you become the best football player you can be.”

if that is the promise, the program has failed miserably to deliver on that promise for a decade. 

but now we’re asking kids to believe that promise without even knowing who will develop them and in what scheme. Like I said, just kinda makes me cringe.

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What’s that pitch right now? Obviously there is a TON of non-football selling points to attending Texas, but when it comes down to the football pitch, I would assume whether it’s implicit or explicit the promise to the kid and his parents is this:

if that is the promise, the program has failed miserably to deliver on that promise for a decade. 

but now we’re asking kids to believe that promise without even knowing who will develop them and in what scheme. Like I said, just kinda makes me cringe.

Maybe college football just isn’t for you?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

They clearly believe in Herman and Drayton. We may drag them, but sometimes they can deliver.

The manner in which you're being argumentative makes me think you're just doing a bit;  some trollish act that amuses you.

If that isn't the case, here are some possible reasons he wants to come to Texas.

1) Look at the recent quotes from the kid.  He specifically said - I'm paraphrasing - that he relished the prospect of helping take Texas back to the top.  So he's making this decision with full awareness of how things have been.

2) Maybe he trusts Herman and Drayton, who have had success in past.

3) His family (and grandparent?) hit it off with Herman/Drayton.

3) He appreciates the academics and atmosphere at Texas, and the city of Austin.

4) If he's looking for a great combo of education and football, some other options aren't in great shape.  USC and Stanford have their own issues, and maybe he isn't interested in ND and Michigan.

5) I'm sure he's aware of the talent that we've added to the roster, and that we're adding in this class.  I don't think he would only look at that and assume it will be wasted too;  surely he would also consider the possibility that it will be developed and help the program succeed.

• Like 3

Well, you seem sad, so just to provide you with some arguments that someone who doesn’t give up so easily might use:

1. It makes no sense to disregard the non-football selling points, those are part of the decision.  This list would be way longer...
  2. This staff is entering the 4th year, stats and draft history beyond that is irrelevant.  No person has even had the opportunity to be recruited by Herman’s staff, developed for 4 years, and drafted.  Mack Browns last years left the program with insufficient talent and then we had two coaching changes in 4 years and who knows how many coordinator changes.  Chuck Strong was the worst coach in school history.  None of those factors tell us anything about how this staff can develop players.
  3. Yancy McKnight is showing physical development results, which are measurable.
  4. Texas will always be a big name program, which provides ample opportunities to showcase your talent.
  5. The road to a national title is theoretically easier from the Big 12.
  6. The program is stocked with highly rated recruiting classes, so there is talent around you.  You won’t have to do it all yourself and iron sharpens iron.
  7. However, some positions are thin, there are opportunities for playing time.
  8. Texas has the resources to hire the best coaches and resources to promote your development.
  9. you can be part of the legacy team that helps the program turn the corner
  10. state pride and help us show that Texas HS football has the best players
  11. In 2018, we won the Sugar Bowl.  This year we’ve been plagued by injuries.  The program is generally on an upward trend.
  12. We feel our coaching can be improved, so we’re making changes at coordinators and some position coaches to go hire the best.
  13. sure some programs are already functioning at a higher level, but they can only play so many people at once.
  14. Smaller schools don’t maximize your exposure 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Richter said:

Well, you seem sad, so just to provide you with some arguments that someone who doesn’t give up so easily might use:

1. It makes no sense to disregard the non-football selling points, those are part of the decision.  This list would be way longer...
  2. This staff is entering the 4th year, stats and draft history beyond that is irrelevant.  No person has even had the opportunity to be recruited by Herman’s staff, developed for 4 years, and drafted.  Mack Browns last years left the program with insufficient talent and then we had two coaching changes in 4 years and who knows how many coordinator changes.  Chuck Strong was the worst coach in school history.  None of those factors tell us anything about how this staff can develop players.
  3. Yancy McKnight is showing physical development results, which are measurable.
  4. Texas will always be a big name program, which provides ample opportunities to showcase your talent.
  5. The road to a national title is theoretically easier from the Big 12.
  6. The program is stocked with highly rated recruiting classes, so there is talent around you.  You won’t have to do it all yourself and iron sharpens iron.
  7. However, some positions are thin, there are opportunities for playing time.
  8. Texas has the resources to hire the best coaches and resources to promote your development.
  9. you can be part of the legacy team that helps the program turn the corner
  10. state pride and help us show that Texas HS football has the best players
  11. In 2018, we won the Sugar Bowl.  This year we’ve been plagued by injuries.  The program is generally on an upward trend.
  12. We feel our coaching can be improved, so we’re making changes at coordinators and some position coaches to go hire the best.
  13. sure some programs are already functioning at a higher level, but they can only play so many people at once.
  14. Smaller schools don’t maximize your exposure 

1. agreed
2. Do you see much In the way of player development? Duvernay...anyone else that got better?
3. Oh yeah? Any sign of that on the football field?

4. optimal schemes executed correctly showcase talent. Or do you mean our games are always on TV? If so, yes correct.

5. Lol

6. our teams have been getting their shit pushed in by teams with far less talent than us for a decade. The iron is pretty fucking dull, it appears.

7. Agreed. With the caveat of “hey look how shitty things are in front of you” isn’t the hallmark of a well-oiled machine.

8. then why can’t we do it?

9. Ok

10. Ok

11. this is what an upward trend feels like huh?

12. Sounds good

13. elite players want to be surrounded by elite players. Iron sharpens iron, right?

14. We aren’t competing with UTSA for recruits.