$3 million to never watch the Horns again

ztejas

$3 million to never watch the Horns again   

177 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take 3 million shmeckles if it meant you could never again watch Longhorns football

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd need more money
    • Fuck ztejas

15 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'd need more money.  $3 million means I can retire now at 43, but it's not some massive lifestyle change.

$20 million would do it.  $5M house, $3M yacht, a couple $1M vacation homes, and $10M to invest?  Never work again and travel all the time for 40 years?  Yeah, I'll miss it, but I'll miss it from the French Riviera and Hawaii.  Sign me up.

Yeah this is where I'm at. I'm 27. I'd need fuck you I'm never working again and balling out for 60 years money. $3 million isn't that at my age.

I still might take it if some of the loopholes mention are allowable - radio, highlights, watching on LHN after the outcome is known, etc.

45 minutes ago, immamac said:

No loopholes, you erase UT football from your life for 3MM yes or no. 

It would be selfish of me not to, IMO. It would change my parents life, erase all debt that I currently have, and I’m not doing some “sell my soul to the devil” shit. I could find something else to do on Saturday. Now if you said you can’t watch ANY sporting event, EVER again...I might need a little more money. Sorry, mom.

38 minutes ago, housious said:

College football is halfway to being unwatchable as it is. Wouldn’t miss it in the slightest. 

I’ll take the 3 million and buy all of Austin’s homeless people bus tickets to the west coast.

Let's get this man 3 million. 

This hypothetical presupposes that your answer to the question, "What would you do if you didn't have to worry about money?" is something other than what you are currently doing.

For me, it isn't, at least not in any non-trivial ways. More money would undoubtedly mean more and longer vacations, but on a day to day basis, I don't really feel any urgency about acquiring more.

So, fuck the money, I'm watching the Horns.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, ztejas said:

Question got posed on /r/cfb (as dogshit as that subreddit is). 

Would you take it? If not, what would your number be? 

I don't think I could and I'm verging on a poor. Maybe that speaks to unhealthy obsession. 

ztejas, you blasphemous son of a bitch, may your asshole be consumed with 1000 ringworms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No loopholes, you erase UT football from your life for 3MM yes or no. 
Yeah, I’d still find something else to do.
I'll take the money and become an aggy fan so I can laugh at the disappointment.

How bout you buy some pussy, or at least find a chick that will put it on you until you don’t marry her?

Nah, I wouldn’t do it.  I have a pretty good life right now as it is, and longhorn football in the fall makes that season so much sweeter every year. If I had to give up longhorn football, that’s a fourth of every year greatly diminished for the rest of my life.  And what’s the point of money when all the rest is gone?

$3 million is a big chunk of money. I have family members that love other schools, and myself have more than one sheepskin on my wall. I'm not sure what my cutoff is, but I think 3 mil is above it. I have a great life on the other 361 days of the year, and could probably still enjoy CFB days cheering for teams not named Baylor, OU, PSU, tOSU, or Tamu.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, markstanco said:

During dove season, I absolutely do not miss watching games if I can hear Craig on the radio at camp around the fire pit drinking shiner.

Pay me my money.

Yep.  Listening to games on the radio at the ranch or in the car is a magical thing.  

My question (which may have already happened), what about reruns and highlight clips?  I'll admit there have been times I've been travelling and missed live games completely.  Either on the LHN or others I catch the important moments and get ready for next week's game.  No harm, no foul.  

Fuck your loopholes. This hypothetical exercise is srs business.

No, you don’t get to listen to them on the radio, or follow scores, or read blogs and message boards.  Permanent ban on media of all kind - past, present, and future. And guess what, if you take the money Craig Way will be fired and replaced by Dave South. So suck on that and thanks for ruining it for all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Fuck your loopholes. This hypothetical exercise is srs business.

No, you don’t get to listen to them on the radio, or follow scores, or read blogs and message boards.  Permanent ban on media of all kind - past, present, and future. And guess what, if you take the money Craig Way will be fired and replaced by Dave South. So suck on that and thanks for ruining it for all of us.

Well what happens when we are watching other game and they cut in with in game highlights. Or halftime scores and highlights? And the constant scoreboard scroll during games these days.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

You're lying if you said no, because Charlie Strong almost made you do it for free.

Well... I almost quit watching his Horns. But there's a difference between not watching 3 shitty years under an awful HC and not watching another game ever. 

36 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well... I almost quit watching his Horns. But there's a difference between not watching 3 shitty years under an awful HC and not watching another game ever. 

That is actually a factor in this for me. We’ve been irrelevant for 10 years. I THINK we’re back, but given our recent history it wouldn’t shock anyone if we got throttled by LSU, causing a downward spiral that results in yet another 7-5 type of season. I’d hate to miss out on a great run, but I’d feel really stupid if I passed up on 3 mil and we had another stretch like we had these last 10 years. This team has me jaded. I’ll take my chances.

Edited by youdunnf'dup