OK, Maybe all of Oklahoma doesn't suck

RPM

Been going to Doug's Peach Orchard for as long as I can remember. Nothing fancy, looks more like a honky tonk than a restaurant. But nobody, I mean NOBODY cooks fried catfish better.

Yes, it's in Oklahoma... but just barely. It's worth the trek into land thief territory to savor the greatness. They also turn out a mean plate of calf fries.

IMG_20190803_184235.jpg

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

Fried catfish?  Yeah, if only there was a place that could do the easiest, cheapest, white-trashiest preparation style to the worst fish on the fucking planet.  Yeah...if only.  

Not even sorry you had to go to Oklahoma to get it, as many on here will give you grief about.  I'm just sad for you that you think that's a meal worth photographing.  

The Coors Banquet and French Fries.  There you have it.  Enjoy that.  Then go outside and pray forgiveness.  You ain't doing life right. 

43 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fried catfish?  Yeah, if only there was a place that could do the easiest, cheapest, white-trashiest preparation style to the worst fish on the fucking planet.  Yeah...if only.  

Nobody does it better. It's the only reason to willingly enter Oklahoma. Their tarter sauce is the tits.

Edited by RPM

Damn that looks good. Growing up in the ‘70’s we used to go to Bill’s Catfish outside Waurika form the ‘Falls.  Don’t know if that place is still open.  Also, don’t care if fried catfish is white trash food, there’s an art to getting the crispness just right.  And it reminds me of my growing up years and my dad. So there. 

Edited by CycleTex87
  • Like 1

Just now, CycleTex87 said:

Growing up we used to go to Bill’s Catfish outside Waurika form the ‘Falls.

Isn't that the place the Cowboys went when training camp was at Midwestern? Been there years ago. It's good, but it ain't Doug's good. 

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

Not even sorry you had to go to Oklahoma to get it, as many on here will give you grief about.  I'm just sad for you that you think that's a meal worth photographing.  

The Coors Banquet and French Fries.  There you have it.  Enjoy that.  Then go outside and pray forgiveness.  You ain't doing life right. 

Out of all the annoying and stupid things about white Americans this type of pompous jackassery might be the worst. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RPM said:

Been going to Doug's Peach Orchard for as long as I can remember. Nothing fancy, looks more like a honky tonk than a restaurant. But nobody, I mean NOBODY cooks fried catfish better.

Yes, it's in Oklahoma... but just barely. It's worth the trek into land thief territory to savor the greatness. They also turn out a mean plate of calf fries.

IMG_20190803_184235.jpg

My aunt and uncle in Wichita Falls go there all the time and sing it's praises. 

They're both good Longhorn stock, so you're not alone. 

On 8/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

I mean they make Prairie and American Solera beer in Oklahoma. Say what you will about OU fans, but that stuff fucks.

A bunch of us hate OU as much as you guys, and yeah, my buddy Chase has made some fantastic beers at prairie and AS.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, RPM said:

Yes, it's in Oklahoma... but just barely. It's worth the trek into land thief territory to savor the greatness.

IMG_20190803_184235.jpg

If you stopped at the Oklahoma border on your return and were deloused, you are forgiven.  If not, make sure all of your shots are current.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, Lobo said:

You’re an idiot if you can’t appreciate fine fried catfish.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 8/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, Lobo said:

Let me tell you somethin, if you don't like fried catfish there is something wrong with YOU MOTHERFUCKER! There is something wrong with YOU!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You’re an idiot if you can’t appreciate fine fried catfish.

That should be engraved in stone on the national fucking mall or something.

Catfish looks good.  Onion rings look to be on-point.  And goddamned right I'll enjoy a Banquet Beer every now and then.  I've been in a shitload of places in this country that I wouldn't otherwise want to be in.  And in pretty much all of em, you can find some sort of top-notch local grub.

Oklahoma specializes in the cuisine of poor country folks.  Surprise, surprise.  That doesn't make it bad.  Pass me some of those gotdamn onion rings.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That should be engraved in stone on the national fucking mall or something.

Catfish looks good.  Onion rings look to be on-point.  And goddamned right I'll enjoy a Banquet Beer every now and then.  I've been in a shitload of places in this country that I wouldn't otherwise want to be in.  And in pretty much all of em, you can find some sort of top-notch local grub.

Oklahoma specializes in the cuisine of poor country folks.  Surprise, surprise.  That doesn't make it bad.  Pass me some of those gotdamn onion rings.

Sometimes, there's not much better on a BlastFurnace day than one of those 29 degree 24 oz John Elway's from your local Valero.  

And damn straight about the indulgence in the occasional fried catfish with rings plate.  It's not an all the time thing, but dammit if it ain't the shit every now and then.  

• 3 years later...
7 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

I actually like a lot of the food in OK.  Fried onion burgers are awesome.  Indian tacos are great.  My favorite place for CFS is in OKC.  And I even have a soft spot for Braums.  

Where’s the CFS? Up there next month.