FBI related shooting/suicide on Rainey St mid July

Cajun

The shit you hear driving for Lyft.

Anyway, last night I'm taking this group of millenials over to Rainey.  Girl starts talking about how she hates dirty 6th>Conversation turns to talk of shootings they've heard of there>Then one guy blurts out, 

"Hey, I was at the Container Bar a couple weeks ago and some FBI agent blew his brains out on the dance floor."

I said, "Are you sure?  I mean, I haven't heard a thing about that."

He swears it happened and that a bunch of FBI "showed up" and told them to stay off their phones, not record anything, and not say a word about what happened.  Then he said they went around deleting stuff off patrons devices.

Sounded like a bullshit fishy ass story to me, but I got curious, so I did some Googling.  What I found...

The FBI agent brother of an NYPD cop accused in a murder-for-hire plot killed himself while out of town with other agents, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Wednesday.

Salvatore “Sal” Cincinelli, 41, was found with at least one gunshot wound inside the Container Bar in Austin, Texas, when cops arrived there shortly before midnight on July 16 in response to a report of gunfire, a spokeswoman for the Austin Police Department said.

The incident is being investigated as suicide, the spokeswoman said. She wouldn’t elaborate.

Cincinelli was a former Wall Street trader who joined the FBI in 2011 and led financial-crime investigations in New York City before being promoted to the bureau’s headquarters in Washington, DC, according to biographical information posted online.

His younger sister, NYPD cop Valerie Cincinelli, 35, was busted by the FBI in May for allegedly scheming to have her estranged husband killed amid a bitter divorce. She’s being held without bail.

“She is absolutely devastated by the passing of her brother and best friend, and this is certainly adding to the stress of her current situation,” defense lawyer James Kousouros told The Post.

A since-deleted obituary said that Cincinelli died on July 17, and was buried in the Holy Rood Cemetery in Westbury, LI, on Monday following a funeral at St. Anthony’s Church in Oceanside.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/fbi-agent-brother-to-cop-accused-of-murder-for-hire-plot-dead-by-suicide-sources/

Then this from Reddit...

37 points· 18 days ago

I have several co-workers who were there when it happened. They said it was very strange. The moment it happened the bartender came out from behind the bar, took off his shirt revealing an FBI vest beneath it. One of them was pushed out by a “small, very strong woman” also wearing an FBI shirt. They were cleared out quickly and told not to take any photos or video, even outside.

level 2
23 points· 18 days ago

^^ Can confirm. Sounds insane, but same story I heard from a friend who works there.

level 2

9 points· 18 days ago

Just to clarify- was the victim or the bartender wearing the FBI vest under his shirt

level 3
6 points· 18 days ago

The bartender.

level 2
13 points· 18 days ago

Holy crap, thanks for the information. That is very scary. I am sorry your coworkers witnessed that. Seems very strange for the FBI to be undercover.

level 3
3 points· 18 days ago

You must be new to the Internet.

Anyone else hear anything on this shit?

SIAP

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

This came up on a podcast hosted by two Dallas radio personalities I listen to and I haven't heard one damn thing about it other than that.  

Apparently the FBI has worked extremely hard to keep this out of the mainstream.

I recall a couple weeks ago seeing a story on one of the local news channels (KVUE maybe?) about a suicide at a Rainey St bar.  Few details when the story ran and then I never heard anything else about it.  

tl, dr; probably just made a list.  Nice knowing y'all, so long cruel world.

So is all this saying that the FBI brother, Salvatore “Sal” Cincinelli, was the hired gun Valerie Cincinelli used to go after her estranged husband? Then, the FBI started investigating and confronted Sal in Austin where he killed himself rather than being taken in for booking.

They were "undercover" or at least staking out something over there.  One agent got mopey, went into the corner and shot themselves.  They did shut the whole story down rather efficiently right after.  Only reason that much has come out is they at least had to tell the property owner who is in the middle of a transaction what the hell just happened before he got all FOIA on 'em.  

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Make no mistake, the FBI is a weird, strange organization.  It has never strayed far from its roots.

Google it, and the right-wing-nuts have it linked to the Clinton Foundation.

That Snopes denial did nothing to allay conspiracy fears. If it was a routine suicide, then why was it done in public and why was the bartender an undercover FBI agent?

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They were "undercover" or at least staking out something over there.  One agent got mopey, went into the corner and shot themselves.  They did shut the whole story down rather efficiently right after.  Only reason that much has come out is they at least had to tell the property owner who is in the middle of a transaction what the hell just happened before he got all FOIA on 'em.  

I was thinking maybe some kind of sting where Cincinelli was the CI caught in the middle of reluctantly working for the FBI while setting up someone he knew that they've (the FBI) targeted.

Cincinelli senses the futility of his situation, decides to check out what's after this life, and figures a way to fuck up the FBI's world the best he can on the way out by blowing his brains out publicly with the agents present and holding a big bag of shit as a result.

Just spitballin' though.

Shady, shady stuff.

Edited by Cajun

"Looks like we're gonna need some more FBI guys..." 

-Deputy Police Chief, Robinson

The guy that told me about this only told me the story once we were out on his boat in the middle of the lake.  So kinda freaked me out

43 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"Looks like we're gonna need some more FBI guys..." 

-Deputy Police Chief, Robinson

The guy that told me about this only told me the story once we were out on his boat in the middle of the lake.  So kinda freaked me out

Kinda tough to tell the difference between the FBI and the mob, ain't it?

Ads by Revcontent
Ads by Revcontent

FBI agents on site and police instructed witnesses to delete any video and photographs of the event and cleared out the bar, according to reports. Likewise, FBI officials instructed Austin Police to not release any details of the death to the media, sources confirmed. Witnesses at the nite club were also told to “stay offline” and “keep quiet” about the shooting, sources said.

The FBI has not commented on Cincinelli’s death.

According to his resume, Cincinelli was a Supervisory Special Agent in the FBI’s Complex Financial Crimes Unit. He managed the FBI’s financial crimes program for the Northeast region, and wwas a detailee from the FBI to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Before working at FBI Headquarters, SSA Cincinelli led financial crime investigations in the FBI’s flagship New York Field Office. SSA Cincinelli conducted investigations involving market manipulation, corporate & accounting fraud, Ponzi schemes, money laundering, insider trading, and antitrust violations, among others. SSA Cincinelli worked as a fixed-income trader prior to joining the FBI, and held an MBA in Quantitative Finance from NYU’s Stern School of Business.

This story is developing.

A previous news story in the Wall Street Journal highlighted Cincinelli soon after he joined the FBI:

Cincinelli walked away from a career as a credit trader with an MBA in quantitative finance to join the FBI. He said that for an investigation he’s working on, he recently interviewed a person on Wall Street who specializes in collateralized debt obligations, bonds that are created from collections of corporate debt and sold to investors in slices.

He said the conversation lasted an hour and at the end of it the other agent who had accompanied him turned to Cincinelli and said, “I don’t even know how I would ask those questions.”

But making the switch from Wall Street, where seven-figure salaries are common, to much lower-paying government work isn’t always easy.

“Some of my friends said, ‘Are you crazy? Have you lost your mind?’” said Cincinelli, whose profile on LinkedIn shows he has held positions at Bank of America and Global FX.

Cincinelli declined to discuss his prior work and said his wife initially was furious with his decision to join the FBI. She was worried for her husband’s safety and unhappy about the lengthy FBI training programs.

— Tomas Paine

https://truepundit.com/fbi-rocked-by-public-suicide-of-top-fbi-agent-who-investigated-clinton-foundation/

Edited by Cajun

Never heard of that "News" outlet, but there's three fucking glaring mistakes in the first two paragraphs.  It wasn't that crowded, but I guess that's relative.   Tuesday night at Container Bar ain't exactly Bob Popular's on Thursday night during rush week.  Contained Bar would never be described as a "nite-club" by any sane journalist.  And it has no dance floor.  He left his group, walked into a corner away from the streets and offed himself.   And they weren't out after a training exercise, some were still on "duty/assignment" and claiming stakeout/undercover/I admit I don't know their in-house terms  but that explains why some were drinking with their service weapons on them.... 90's cops TV series aside, fucking Container Bar strike you guys as the kind of watering hole where the boys from the bureau go to knock back a couple of cold ones after a training session. 

The group developing the new building replacing it was given information different from that article.  I don't give a shit about the conspiracy theories or what he was working on or his part in a scheme with some pending divorce.  I am just surprised at how well the FBI kept this quiet for so long in a city where news travels fast.  I only learned about it because I was inquiring about a development project going on with some of the key people involved.  

Edited by Lobo

35 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I literally heard this story last night from my Lyft driver. Kind of odd that he gave up a good paying private job to work for the government then all the shit with his sister. Fucking “weird shit” is right man...

Well, he wasn't killed by a bad guy. It was either the FBI or he killed himself. If a bad guy was involved, the FBI (who was already at the scene) would have held everyone at the bar and looked for evidence. Instead, they immediately forced everyone to leave the bar.

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

What authority does the FBI have to make people not take pics in public or confiscate their phones and forcibly delete pics/vids recorded in a public place?

2:22 mark should cover this question...

Surprised this isn't getting more run. I guess it is possible that someone committed suicide in a bar but it sure the hell isn't very common.

The guy left a million a year salary to join the FBI.

His sister, a NYPD officer, gets arrested for attempt to hire someone to kill her husband

He visits from New York and decides to kill himself in the middle of a bar

2 FBI agents are also at the bar undercover with one working behind the bar

The agents get everyone to delete all evidence from their phones and forces them to leave without talking to potential witnesses or seeing if their colleague committed suicide or was murdered

The press totally ignores the shooting

A snopes article states that the events are no big deal and common so as to prevent copycat suicides

26 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Surprised this isn't getting more run. I guess it is possible that someone committed suicide in a bar but it sure the hell isn't very common.

His sister, a NYPD officer, gets arrested for attempt to hire someone to kill her husband

The agents get everyone to delete all evidence from their phones and forces them to leave without talking to potential witnesses or seeing if their colleague committed suicide or was murdered

A snopes article states that the events are no big deal and common so as to prevent copycat suicides

Story definitely smells funny.

imgur

5 hours ago, Bevo said:

my take: bro and sis came in dirty to FB....*ali G* I. 

they then ended up stepping in some internal dirty toes

they get framed and blackmailed and the like...

bro ditches town. he is under surveillance. he is murdered in the Container Bar by his colleagues 

so forth.

i have watched many CSIs on many planes. ich bin eine expert

Edited by staboner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, deft said:

I didn’t think this was all that big of a secret. Pretty sure they talked about it on Dudley and bob (with Matt) after it happened. Didn’t run to surly to confirm the likelihood of the story though.

Yeah, but Dale probably made it all about himself.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Make no mistake, the FBI is a weird, strange organization.  It has never strayed far from its roots.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Google it, and the right-wing-nuts have it linked to the Clinton Foundation.

They must have strayed pretty far, because that cross dresser was a Republican.

Weird FBI unrelated story... They shot and killed some guy in Robinson (*suburb* of Waco) a week or so ago. Raided his house, reports of explosives possibly. Same address had a 14 y/o girl apparently commit suicide about a year ago with a handgun shot to the chest.

This is the FBI thread now, right?