Are lift prices realy as cheap as their app maps out?

I will need a ride share later today, To go into from about from roughly were the zip codes of Round Rock, Hutto and Pflugerville meet up. Does anybody know a driver that works this area?If you drive Lyft or Uber PM me I need to go to the Seton Suites on 35th and medical PKWY. I am not shopping the cheapest I just want to try it will be first time and if the prices are are reality it will not be my last. Drivers are welcome to encouraged to contact me also My check out time is not set so I will be flexible. Also what would be considered tip? I am older and it is in my nature to leave a good tip for drivers.

1 hour ago, PXTX Horn said:

I will need a ride share later today, To go into from about from roughly were the zip codes of Round Rock, Hutto and Pflugerville meet up. Does anybody know a driver that works this area?If you drive Lyft or Uber PM me I need to go to the Seton Suites on 35th and medical PKWY. I am not shopping the cheapest I just want to try it will be first time and if the prices are are reality it will not be my last. Drivers are welcome to encouraged to contact me also My check out time is not set so I will be flexible. Also what would be considered tip? I am older and it is in my nature to leave a good tip for drivers.

If you want to try it out, then just try it out. If you’re a bit shaky on how it works, the best method is to get a friend to help walk you thru the app.  I’m sure someone here can assist too. and there’s nothing stopping you from taking a test ride to the grocery store this morning if you want to get the hang of it.  

As for costs, lyft and Uber are relatively close.  However you might get some deals for both if you are creating an account for the first time. 

You can tip afterwards via the app.  

3 hours ago, PXTX Horn said:

Yes, they are generally accurate estimates. Most tips are $2-$3, but half the riders don't even tip. Probably a millenial thing. I don't know. But for the distance you're taking I'd think $4-$5 is a "good" tip that would make a driver give a surprised nod when the notice pops up on their phone.

I drive part-time, in my free time that's not my 8-5.

23 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

How many drivers have contacted you so far? 

PXTX - drivers aren't going to contact you unless they just want to be nice.  They also cannot schedule to be your driver.  It doesn't work like that. Decide when you want to go and then use the app to request a driver. 

https://www.aarp.org/auto/driver-safety/info-2018/uber-lyft-guide.html

• Like 1

what is wrong with you guys grade not teach reading comprehension? I do don right well because I am retired and do not have s Secretary more.  You guys do not no how to do business a driver has contacted me and I made an offer to fairly pay for his time He will be going out of the contract as I made him a substantial offer I am not part of the % but if you Do not understand me ask if you do not know what that means Ask Derka he can be found as the on the basket ball board and is the expert of shaggy and surly. To close fuck you young ones and  ban my account and delete all threads. ask Derka if nobody understands my rant.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PXTX Horn said:

what is wrong with you guys grade not teach reading comprehension? I do don right well because I am retired and do not have s Secretary more.  You guys do not no how to do business a driver has contacted me and I made an offer to fairly pay for his time He will be going out of the contract as I made him a substantial offer I am not part of the % but if you Do not understand me ask if you do not know what that means Ask Derka he can be found as the on the basket ball board and is the expert of shaggy and surly. To close fuck you young ones and  ban my account and delete all threads. ask Derka if nobody understands my rant.

Image result for what the hell is wrong with you people

3 hours ago, PXTX Horn said:

Did you have a stroke?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I posted started posting a lot on the other site, I was there many moons before Bob lost control of the site. I do not feel my line in my title. I do not post much here due to what i see as a lot of Ignorance. from the generation that is up before the cows come home. I changed my user name but still might get doxed by the young ones. Or people that know my writing style. For people that can understand my rants have a i hope we beat up on the Swamp rants I might even pay off my pay of my new driver again. I'm out I long log in again next year. For the smart check my post count I do not have a lot of posts because the young ones appear to be the drifting over from the unmoderated Reddit Forums.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Hell yeah. We took lyft from LAX to Anaheim last week and it cost me $55. A buddy of mine took a regular taxi and it cost him $140.

Wow the answer I was looking for thank you. In a lot of rural and small communities we rely on our neighbors and friends when we need to get somewhere. When I worked in Austin there were still friends and family to assist we did not need help with transportation. We need to do some things like the old days first we need to do the maths and budget some of our money. A lot of people would be shocked on how much they would save if they learned to make a damned cup of coffee. Since we all just read the headlines, we need to stop bitching and commenting before we read the whole post. Rember the good old days when we would vote for who we believed would actually balance the national budget. Enough said I guess no need to go into more toxic CR rant. I will bury my face in my pocket computer AKA smart phone now. Please note my use of WE without taking sides and no I do not post any where on the WWW that is talking current affairs. This thread has been fun for me I might have giggled like a school girl at some of the posts on this thread. Some of the people I know AKA family and other longer term posters will Know my old user name will laugh at my bullshit comments here. boy I sure do miss the old days of drugs sex and rock and roll. I am not going to call my old office girl to correct my poor engrish and the punactuions. I guess I will go punch a doggy now as the cows have come home. I forget to say get of my lawn the old lady will chase you with mi 12 gauge even though she does not were here glasses anymore and will probably miss.
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, PXTX Horn said:

Hello are you In Borger Pampa Amarilo or somewhere else wheel then I am the driver four you I have a four star raeing . I am not on a " APP " because my friend Jole tole me their just basically bank's and those are against God .wiches why you can't have a ATM in church but they still take check's . Anyway would u like a ride I am cheap as fuck and do'nt even care about stopping at Arby's because they let me go their again since they're old manager got fire for sucking dick behind the grease trap

• Like 5

• 1 month later...