Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

On 7/30/2019 at 10:45 AM, HouTex said:

I recall that in the late 70's or early 80's Coors had that stupid pop top that required you to push down on the top of the can with your finger or thumb in two different spots where the opening was attached to the lid.  If you did it correctly the opening piece of aluminum would be pushed into the can but the top would stay attached to the lid--thus helping control litter.  The problem was that people were cutting the hell out of their fingers/thumbs on the edge of the opening so they had to go back to the pull tabs until something like the current lever system was adopted.  

Coors talk not going away:

I remember when we left California in 1980 to visit my dad's family in Indiana, my uncle begged my dad to bring some Coors back for him, as you couldn't get it in Indiana at the time. I believe because it wasn't pasteurized, but I was a kid so I have no idea. 

6 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I remember when we left California in 1980 to visit my dad's family in Indiana, my uncle begged my dad to bring some Coors back for him, as you couldn't get it in Indiana at the time. I believe because it wasn't pasteurized, but I was a kid so I have no idea. 

Didn’t he known that truckin coors beer east of Texas was bootleggin?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sandman said:

spacer.png

• Like 3

The endless back patting that the wives give each other is amazing. My wife wrenched her back a few days ago when we were moving a piece of furniture. She’s been on the couch since while I moved and assembled the rest of the furniture myself, cooked, watched the kids, etc. Today a bunch of cookies were delivered from one of her friends and the card said “Get well soon, stop being super mom and take a break.”

She spent all afternoon today drinking at the pool with her girlfriends. In her new back brace.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Flew on a direct flight from austin to San Francisco. While waiting to deplane the lady behind us asks us if we know what luggage carousel to use. Wife replies she doesn’t know and then asks her if she lives in the Bay Area. 
Lady replies that no, she’s from austin. Wife lights up and says “wow we live in austin too!”
me “honey, we are on a flight from austin, chances are there are some people on the plane from austin”
tone 
The endless back patting that the wives give each other is amazing. My wife wrenched her back a few days ago when we were moving a piece of furniture. She’s been on the couch since while I moved and assembled the rest of the furniture myself, cooked, watched the kids, etc. Today a bunch of cookies were delivered from one of her friends and the card said “Get well soon, stop being super mom and take a break.”

She spent all afternoon today drinking at the pool with her girlfriends. In her new back brace.
The best stories are the ones halfway through you know exactly how it ends.

Hilarious contributions

6 hours ago, blacklab said:

Flew on a direct flight from austin to San Francisco. While waiting to deplane the lady behind us asks us if we know what luggage carousel to use. Wife replies she doesn’t know and then asks her if she lives in the Bay Area. 

Lady replies that no, she’s from austin. Wife lights up and says “wow we live in austin too!”

me “honey, we are on a flight from austin, chances are there are some people on the plane from austin”

tone 

My wife is always mentioning what a small world it is.  Born and raised in Austin, school in Austin, lives and works in Austin - running into someone you know in Austin does not make it a small world.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, blacklab said:

tone 

Yep ole Rosie Palmer is going to be a good friend for a few days.

Been at disney since sunday. Wife planned the entire trip, I am along for the ride and human wallet.

Disclaimer: I should have got the disney app. My fault, I get it.

So we hit a few rides sunday and go to lodge. Wash, rinse, repeat for a few days. Each park we go to she says grab a map. We are reading this font in size .5, no reading glasses trying to find rides in this massive park while it is 182 degrees. I ask her if they have an interactive map in the app, she says no it isnt working on monday.

TODAY, our last day, I grab her phone to see why it wasn't working.

Location services off.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2019 at 9:58 PM, Buzzrock said:

Haven't you heard?  Being a mom is a cross between being a coal miner, decathlete and saint.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Are you moving to Portugal or Brazil? If not, why does it matter if your kids speak a language that doesn't do them any good in Texas?

Lots of the top bullriders on the PBR are Brazilian. So there's a chance either the kid turns out to be a bullrider or a chap chaser.

my son's school posted some pictures from the football camp they just had for the middle schoolers and I jokingly said one kid looked like one of my son's friends who is 3 grades older than those kids and doesn't play football.  

her- "but that's not him"

me-

spacer.png 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

This may or may not qualify for the thread. We bought a new computer to replace our 10 yr old desktop that barely functions.  We have 20 years of digital pix of the kids, vacations, family members that have passed on, holidays - normal stuff.  

Her - we don’t need all those pictures, we need to sort and clean them out. 

When I get a free terabyte of cloud storage with the Office subscription, never mind the 2 TB hard drive on the new unit. 

51 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

This may or may not qualify for the thread. We bought a new computer to replace our 10 yr old desktop that barely functions.  We have 20 years of digital pix of the kids, vacations, family members that have passed on, holidays - normal stuff.  

When I get a free terabyte of cloud storage with the Office subscription, never mind the 2 TB hard drive on the new unit. 

You could get a free month to yourself if you asked her to look through them and pick which ones she wanted to save.  

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Wife backed into the neighbors truck yesterday. She couldn’t believe he had the audacity to park his car on the street (he was power washing his driveway).

She claimed there was someone else on the street waiting for her to pull out so she was nervous. 

Kinky

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

can't be wasting cloud space on those dead people. they arent going to know anyways

13 minutes ago, Druggist said:

We went camping with another family and my friend’s wife loaded their new Yeti with food and drinks.  When we got there, she discovered that she should have added ice if she wanted everything cold.  She thought the cold was included in the price.

"Alright, who wants an 80 degree beer to wash down their salmonella taco?"

30 minutes ago, Druggist said:

We went camping with another family and my friend’s wife loaded their new Yeti with food and drinks.  When we got there, she discovered that she should have added ice if she wanted everything cold.  She thought the cold was included in the price.

"Hey hubby, this stupid cooler you bought doesn't even work!"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Druggist said:

Oh, god, that is fantastic.

Please continue the story with how it became her husband's fault.