Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

21 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Should have gone with an au pair instead.

Somehow my friend convinced his wife to hire a smoking hot au pair. He's not the type to fool around on his wife, but the au pair is dating one of his 40 yr old friends so he gets to hear all about it and go to bed with blue balls every night.

2 hours ago, luke duke said:

Somehow my friend convinced his wife to hire a smoking hot au pair. He's not the type to fool around on his wife, but the au pair is dating one of his 40 yr old friends so he gets to hear all about it and go to bed with blue balls every night.

I need better friends. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, luke duke said:

Recently was at a funeral and was talking to a distant cousin about how we’re having child #2 soon and he started telling us about au pairs and how it was a life savor for his wife and that it’s only $200/week plus room/board which is cheaper than daycare for two kids.  We didn’t get more than 3 feet away from him when my wife shot down the idea and said “in your dreams.”

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

We’re going to need some more details on this. Like a safety moment.  We toast frozen waffles every day at my house so need to know what to look out for.  Hidden dangers and such. 

my money is on putting a towel over the toaster to "block the smell" of the frozen waffles,  or some such nonsense.

Wife: "Bad weather is coming in! We need to prepare."
Me: Makes sure everything's charged, gets gas for the chainsaw/generator, makes sure there are batteries for flashlights, ties down everything outside that could blow away
Wife: Posts memes to facebook and texts all her friends about how worried she is
You actually do all of that?

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Me: Makes sure everything's charged, gets gas for the chainsaw/generator, makes sure there are batteries for flashlights, ties down everything outside that could blow away

Wife: Posts memes to facebook and texts all her friends about how worried she is

Preppers/Load up some clips/preppers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You actually do all of that?

Yup. Why don't you?

• Like 1

Off topic CSB: I happened to be in Midland when the Hurricane Rita evacuation panic started in Houston.  I stopped at Home Depot on the way to the airport and picked up a chainsaw and some other stuff. Now the airlines won’t let you bring fingernail clippers on the plane but a chainsaw - no problem. /CSB

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

We’re going to need some more details on this. Like a safety moment.  We toast frozen waffles every day at my house so need to know what to look out for.  Hidden dangers and such. 

Its an oven, not like the ones that spring the bread out when it's done. She thought it was too hot so she used a bunch of paper towels, which touched the heating element.......

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

we bought a new wall clock.  it only has 2 hands - hour and minutes.  i let her set the time and put it on the wall.

"honey, this clock is broken.  it doesnt work"

"what do you mean?"

"the hands arent moving"

My wife bought a non working clock a couple of years ago because it was the last one the store had.  It's hanging in my living room.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

My wife bought a non working clock a couple of years ago because it was the last one the store had.  It's hanging in my living room.

I hope if you are ever in the room with your wife and she asks what time it is, you tell her the time on the wall clock.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Apparently I drink water too loud and am an asshole because I should swallow quieter. 

I read on reddit that I should tilt my head back to reduce noise.  This has now been suggested as the default method for my water consumption. 

This reminded me of the ex-cunt.  She decided I was the problem so she bought "Men are from Mars: Wives are cunts" or something like that and told me I needed to read it.

Me:

giphy.gif

Two weeks later, book is sitting exactly where she left it for me.  She takes it for a few days then comes back

Her:  I reread the book and took a yellow highlighter to the parts I thought you should read

Me:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I have at least 2 of these in our living room. The reason they don’t work is because they need batteries. Same as they have needed for the last 5 years but that is asking too much.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Apparently I drink water too loud and am an asshole because I should swallow quieter. 

I read on reddit that I should tilt my head back to reduce noise.  This has now been suggested as the default method for my water consumption. 

The dude who sits at the next desk at work has the loudest swallow noise I have ever heard in my life.  No joke.  If the office is quiet enough, I have seen a guy 25 feet away turn his head and try to figure out what he just heard.  I'd really like to punch the dude in the throat.

/csb

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The dude who sits at the next desk at work has the loudest swallow noise I have ever heard in my life.  No joke.  If the office is quiet enough, I have seen a guy 25 feet away turn his head and try to figure out what he just heard.  I'd really like to punch the dude in the throat.

/csb

That would just make the swallowing louder.

Flew back to Phoenix last night from a quick ski trip.  As we normally do, she waits for the bags/skis in baggage claim, and I go get the car from the economy parking lot and park it in the short term parking above the terminal to load the gear.  

There are two banks of elevators that serve the garage/terminal (east and west).  To make things easier, I call her to see which carousel the bags came out so I can park closest to the elevator that is closest to the carousel (especially since the game just kicked off).

Directionally Challenged: "Got the skis.  They came out on carousel 6."

Me: "Is that closer to the east or west elevators?"

DC: "I don't know. You know I am bad with directions."

M:  "Is that closer to the D or C gates?"

DC:  "I have no idea."

M:  "The signage over the exit doors out to the pickup tells you if it's the north or south curb.  Use that."

DC:  "The south curb is on my left."

M:  "Sigh."

• Like 2

On 1/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Well you're an asshole anyway, so....

Flew back to Phoenix last night from a quick ski trip.  As we normally do, she waits for the bags/skis in baggage claim, and I go get the car from the economy parking lot and park it in the short term parking above the terminal to load the gear.  
There are two banks of elevators that serve the garage/terminal (east and west).  To make things easier, I call her to see which carousel the bags came out so I can park closest to the elevator that is closest to the carousel (especially since the game just kicked off).
Directionally Challenged: "Got the skis.  They came out on carousel 6."
Me: "Is that closer to the east or west elevators?"
DC: "I don't know. You know I am bad with directions."
M:  "Is that closer to the D or C gates?"
DC:  "I have no idea."
M:  "The signage over the exit doors out to the pickup tells you if it's the north or south curb.  Use that."
DC:  "The south curb is on my left."
M:  "Sigh."

There isn’t a female in Phoenix that could answer those questions.
  • Like 2