Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

My kid just gets the shits for three days when she eats eggs (or gluten or dairy). We actually lucky her allergies are not more serious.

That is not how it works. It can trigger an auto immune reaction as well as a host of other unseen issues such as perforated gut.

That is not how it works. It can trigger an auto immune reaction as well as a host of other unseen issues such as perforated gut.

In her case it does. We tried her on gluten again about 8 months ago and she had diarrhea within an hour of eating. Wait a couple of days and she’s back to normal.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, EE2B said:

In her case it does. We tried her on gluten again about 8 months ago and she had diarrhea within an hour of eating. Wait a couple of days and she’s back to normal.

Diarrhea is part of the more or less visible acute reactions, but there are likely chronic ones at work which cause longterm issues.  Many of those afflicted by Celiac disease have complaints about cognitive impairment they often refer to as "brain fog" (yes, I know Joe Vs. the Volcano).   

Her: Rebeca's in the hospital.
Me: Oh no, what happened?
Her:  Her husband was in a bike accident.  He broke a rib and hurt his wrist.
Me: Is she OK?  Why is she there?
Her: [sigh, like 'I just told you'] Her husband is there!
Me: Well don't say someone is in the hospital if, nevermind.  ... I mean, you could've just said her husband was in, nevermind.

Cyclist or motorcycle? Trying to figure out if I need to send t’s and p’s or not
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Are you a cop? You have to tell him if you're a cop.

"Her husband was in a bike accident."

"Oh.  Over on 14th?"

"Yeah...how did you know?"

"Fucker blew through a stop sign over on 12th, it was my duty to follow him for 2 blocks and then hit him" 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

My wife, the professional organizer, was very proud of herself for finding the perfect spot to set up our rechargeable battery charging station. It's out in the tool shed, and I have to admit, it's very tidy, and easy to find.

Middle of a snowstorm, though, and she wants batteries for her flashlight to do something or other on the front porch, and she asks me where the batteries are. She knows damned well where they are, she was fishing to get me to go out back to the tool shed to get them for her.

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

Diarrhea is part of the more or less visible acute reactions, but there are likely chronic ones at work which cause longterm issues.  Many of those afflicted by Celiac disease have complaints about cognitive impairment they often refer to as "brain fog" (yes, I know Joe Vs. the Volcano).   

"Brain clouds."  The answer was "brain clouds".  No points for you.

To be fair, the wife and I have lately experienced some cold weather flights. This week however, we were boarding a connecting flight from Phoenix to Puerto Vallarta. It was at least 85 outside in Phoenix headed to warm beach.  As our plane backed out of our gate it paused, and I jokingly said we are deicing.   She said....Really. 

On 2/20/2020 at 12:35 PM, Nivek said:

Ooooh, look at the big brain on Nivek.

3 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Wife:  Just goes to show you what a good idea it was.  Women have to protect themselves from getting roofied.  Animals out there.

Why not floories, right? 'Cause when you take 'em, you're more likely to end up on the floor than the roof. What about groundies? That's a good new name fo' 'em.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, ruitxn said:

To be fair, the wife and I have lately experienced some cold weather flights. This week however, we were boarding a connecting flight from Phoenix to Puerto Vallarta. It was at least 85 outside in Phoenix headed to warm beach.  As our plane backed out of our gate it paused, and I jokingly said we are deicing.   She said....Really. 

Next time convince her the pilot just put it in 'R'

On 2/21/2020 at 8:27 PM, Mach 1 said:

Wife:  You know how gold necklaces always get knotted up?

Me: No, but I'll take your word for it.

Wife:  Well it's really bad when you travel.  So I'm going to come up with some kind of carrying case that I can put my necklaces in when I travel, WITHOUT knotting up.

Me:  (wagging my finger, lying my ass off). Now THAT sounds like a winner.

Grab the Saran Wrap, lay necklace on wrap, roll wrap around necklace, she doesn't profit.

Might practice it before demonstrating to her. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 8:08 PM, mulletpelini said:

Doesn't matter how many times grease splatters on exposed forearm and hands from the stove being on too high, it still stays on too high.

Couple years into being married I came home to wife cooking a meal with 3 burners on High and just going crazy trying to keep everything from burning up.  With the kitchen quickly filling up with smoke I turned on the exhaust fan and all 3 burners to low.

She looked at me like I was fucking Gandalf.