Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

21 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

I’d still come out ahead if all I have to pay for is a new place and the side piece picks up her monthly overhead. 

If this could possibly happen to me I would commission a 7' x 10' oil on canvas with said side piece's full-body portrait on a horse, conquering the world just like Napoleon Crossing the Alps and hang the picture above my fireplace and toast the magnificent bastard side piece every night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

We’ve (she) has a list of about 8 projects now.  The cheapest of which will cost no less than $10 grand.   Total all in probably a cool quarter mil (new garage and garage apartment being the big ticket item).  

I’m fine with doing it.  But I told her we are absolutely not fucking moving for at least ten years if we do this.   

I expect to be posting about a new house on this thread by 2022.  

I anxiously await you sending me the plans to this project.  

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Hey did y'all know that "Geronimo!" is just something you yell when jumping into the pool?..it doesn't have any historical origins or context or anything.  Wife told me.

Not my wife, but someone else's wife (grew up in the 60's): 

Her:  Do you know what the GTO stands for in Pontiac GTO?

Me: Gran Turismo Obligato, like a Ferrari GTO. That's where it got it's name from.

Her: No, that's not it. No one really knows.

SMH

CHIEF

• Like 7

5 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Not my wife, but someone else's wife (grew up in the 60's): 

Her:  Do you know what the GTO stands for in Pontiac GTO?

Me: Gran Turismo Obligato, like a Ferrari GTO. That's where it got it's name from.

Her: No, that's not it. No one really knows.

SMH

CHIEF

GTFO

The wife doesn’t eat dessert. Or meat. Or dressings on her salad. She is incredibly healthy and willl outlive me, which is fine. 

Tonight she said if someone paid her $1,000 to eat an oatmeal raisin cookie she would, but she’d need $10,000 to eat a chocolate chip cookie.

Any new wife suggestions?

• Like 1

The wife doesn’t eat dessert. Or meat. Or dressings on her salad. She is incredibly healthy and willl outlive me, which is fine. 

Tonight she said if someone paid her $1,000 to eat an oatmeal raisin cookie she would, but she’d need $10,000 to eat a chocolate chip cookie.

What difference does she see between the two cookies?

20 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

Maybe unpopular opinion thread: But people baby the fuck out of cast iron. “Oh noes two ml of liquid soap hit my cast iron, better sand blast it down to base metal and spend the next 3 months seasoning before I actually use it for cooking a meal. My mother in law used an aluminum spatula on my comal! Sigh, just going to sell it for scrap and look for another vintage griddle online!”

Meanwhile the thing that makes them great is Po Campo banging them down the trail in the wagon with miles of dust slowly sticking to last nights lard before it gets shoved directly onto the coals or WW2 widows cooking morning eggs in last nights grease with a couple charred onions still clinging to the side.

Wipe it down throw some Crisco on it for an hour at 375 and it’ll be damn near the same as it was 17 years ago. It is cast iron not Waterford Crystal.

I could give a shit about the cast iron, its the years of grease I've cooked into the thing I'm concerned about.

7 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:
8 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Read more  

What difference does she see between the two cookies?

$9,000

9 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I will need to see pics of wife with sharpies in her culo, in order to make the proper suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm always reminded of this when I hear people talk about living healthy.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, Llano Estacado said:

Maybe unpopular opinion thread: But people baby the fuck out of cast iron. “Oh noes two ml of liquid soap hit my cast iron, better sand blast it down to base metal and spend the next 3 months seasoning before I actually use it for cooking a meal. My mother in law used an aluminum spatula on my comal! Sigh, just going to sell it for scrap and look for another vintage griddle online!”

Meanwhile the thing that makes them great is Po Campo banging them down the trail in the wagon with miles of dust slowly sticking to last nights lard before it gets shoved directly onto the coals or WW2 widows cooking morning eggs in last nights grease with a couple charred onions still clinging to the side.

Wipe it down throw some Crisco on it for an hour at 375 and it’ll be damn near the same as it was 17 years ago. It is cast iron not Waterford Crystal.

Settle down Beavis. I use soap in mine all the time, however soaking it in water overnight because you're too lazy to scrub for 10 seconds is unacceptable.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, luke duke said:

Settle down Beavis. I use soap in mine all the time, however soaking it in water overnight because you're too lazy to scrub for 10 seconds is unacceptable.

Soaking them only results in rust.

2020 Rona Cast Iron Skillet talk not going away,

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

That is awesome.  My wife is the same way.  I bet her $50 she couldn’t / wouldn’t crush a double What with double cheese all the way and jalapeños and a super size fries.   She’s 5’4” 115 lbs and eats very healthy.  

I lost the $50 but the angst and bargaining from her when she was about 80% through the deal was worth it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Wife has a box of small graduation presents she wants to ship to daughter and her friends in Colorado, but doesn't want to go to the post office to get postage.

"If I knew what it weighed, I can buy postage online and print it out."

My solution: "Just estimate what you think it weighs, then buy postage for more than that weight.  Who cares if you put on a couple of bucks extra in postage?"

The solution she chose: Ordered a $20 scale from Amazon so that she wouldn't waste money on extra postage.

Fucking hell. The definition of femsanity.

Wife has a box of small graduation presents she wants to ship to daughter and her friends in Colorado, but doesn't want to go to the post office to get postage.
"If I knew what it weighed, I can buy postage online and print it out."
My solution: "Just estimate what you think it weighs, then buy postage for more than that weight.  Who cares if you put on a couple of bucks extra in postage?"
The solution she chose: Ordered a $20 scale from Amazon so that she wouldn't waste money on extra postage.

Come on, you know that’s how all of us ended up with most of our tools.
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Come on, you know that’s how all of us ended up with most of our tools.

If I had the space, I would gladly pay $ 5,000 for a car lift so I would have an easier time doing $ 30.00 oil changes & "free"  brake jobs on my truck (lifetime pad warranty).