Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

My wife has a satellite office that she runs that has 6 people in it- can work from home or her office

My office has been WFM for the last month+ and only about 4 people (out of 75+) are still in our office keeping things running. 

Kids pretty much need little to no help doing homework and just need a few checks and answer some questions they have with an assignment or something from time to time but very minimal, make lunch, etc.

Last week my wife decided to start working from home a couple of days a week "to help" which as I am sure you can imagine turns into a shit show on those days. 

Don't get me wrong my wife is way busier then I am at work currently but wouldn't that be even a bigger reason to go to your office where you can get shit done and not have kids asking questions during a conference call or meeting? 

Well of course it would. But common sense as the last 224 pages has shown is not always at the top of the list. 

By the way I bet you can guess who's fault it is that she can't get as much shit done at home as she could at her office........ 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HoffaJimmy said:

Don't get me wrong my wife is way busier then I am at work currently but wouldn't that be even a bigger reason to go to your office where you can get shit done and not have kids asking questions during a conference call or meeting? 

How can you be a martyr if no one witnesses your martyrdom?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, HoffaJimmy said:

My wife has a satellite office that she runs that has 6 people in it- can work from home or her office

My office has been WFM for the last month+ and only about 4 people (out of 75+) are still in our office keeping things running. 

Kids pretty much need little to no help doing homework and just need a few checks and answer some questions they have with an assignment or something from time to time but very minimal, make lunch, etc.

Last week my wife decided to start working from home a couple of days a week "to help" which as I am sure you can imagine turns into a shit show on those days. 

Well of course it would. But common sense as the last 224 pages has shown is not always at the top of the list. 

By the way I bet you can guess who's fault it is that she can't get as much shit done at home as she could at her office........ 

Women are wonderful creatures, don't get me wrong.  But you could have just put a period at the end of this phrase and saved yourself from typing the rest.  We all know how the song ends.

4 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Women are wonderful creatures, don't get me wrong.  But you could have just put a period at the end of this phrase and saved yourself from typing the rest.  We all know how the song ends.

It’s cathartic to type it out.  Let the man riff, thats the point of the thread. 

That and the comfort of not being alone in this motherfucker.

• Like 5

On 5/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, Sbbruin said:

Altadena (one of the hidden gems IMO)

That’s what I used to think.  The Enclave is a really sweet ride.  I challenge you to find a nicer ride for the price.

Subaru Ascent, Hyundai Palisade, and VW Atlas.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

11 hours ago, Incredulity said:

It’s cathartic to type it out.  Let the man riff, thats the point of the thread. 

That and the comfort of not being alone in this motherfucker.

100%

I will say for all the minor annoyances I am damn glad I enjoy being around my wife. I couldn't imagine being in a marriage during lock down with someone I couldn't stand being around. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I think GM screwed up by getting rid of Pontiac and keeping Buick.

What had Pontiac put out in the last 25 years for you to have that opinion?  The sunbird, aztec, grand am?  Gto and g8 were the only worthwhile vehicles and they were both ganked from Holden. 

they needed to kill Buick and gmc as well and just have chevy and Cadillac. Buick only survived because the Chinese love them for some reason. 

my heart just skipped a beat.   I just saw the pull tab from my wife's halfnhalf carton in the trash can, and not milk-side-down on the countertop, as per SOP.

of course, it was precariously balanced on top of a bunch of other stuff she suddenly decided we didn't need anymore, along with her used coffee grounds, so I was able to breathe easier in the knowledge she's still a she.

• Like 2

What had Pontiac put out in the last 25 years for you to have that opinion?  The sunbird, aztec, grand am?  Gto and g8 were the only worthwhile vehicles and they were both ganked from Holden. 
they needed to kill Buick and gmc as well and just have chevy and Cadillac. Buick only survived because the Chinese love them for some reason. 

Agreed. They should have changed Pontiac to a legit performance division.
  • Like 1

How can you forget the amazing Pontiac Aztec?
0eea43420572c91ab6338de916128c6f.jpg

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The fact that Heisenberg drove an Aztec should have saved the brand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Car industry has the best marketers ever. They’ve taken an appliance and made it an extension of everyone’s personality now.

That can also describe wives, if we're honest.

(which follows, since dishwashers)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, luke duke said:

How can you forget the amazing Pontiac Aztec?
0eea43420572c91ab6338de916128c6f.jpg

It's hideous, but it's not that much more hideous than some crossovers being sold today. If the wheel wells were bigger, with meaner looking wheels and tires, and some of that lower black cladding that every crossover is sporting these days, it'd probably sell.  (Also assuming it had a competitive powertrain and interior, which I know it doesn't.)

29 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

It's hideous, but it's not that much more hideous than some crossovers being sold today. If the wheel wells were bigger, with meaner looking wheels and tires, and some of that lower black cladding that every crossover is sporting these days, it'd probably sell.  (Also assuming it had a competitive powertrain and interior, which I know it doesn't.)

See it’s next generation, the Torrent 

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I’d love to hear the story of how the Aztec got green-lighted.  Blackmail must’ve been a huge reason.

It’s the late 90’s and Detroit automakers, specifically GM and Ford, are flush from the SUV boom.  An intrepid engineer by the name Tom Peters began an epic journey of discovery marked with ...

something, something erotic Milan to Minsk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paper_jam said:

Meet the AMC Eagle. The original crossover. Sold from 1978-87. 4WD station wagon. Everything you are looking for. 30 years ahead of its time. 
spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I’d love to hear the story of how the Aztec got green-lighted.  Blackmail must’ve been a huge reason.

There have been plenty of articles on how it happened. Good concept, mutated into mediocrity due to cost and management issues, and forced into production because at that point everyone had too much stake in it already.

Well, it is outside your 25 year limit, but since this thread and page have already been committed to car talk not going away I simply had to respond.
Buick built, without a doubt and confirmed by 1/4 times and enduring love built the best and fastest US car of the entire 80s. 
unnamed.jpg.ac8e469b34ad5c330576f431b20cdbf3.jpg

Had 5 of those.

Buick was one of the original divisions, and chevy was just a dealer that modded buicks.

The GS/Skylarks were nice as well.

So the wife tells me I am too hard on our oldest boy. Son does what I tell him to do. Later on, the wife complains that the boy wont listen to her and asks for help.

Next day, wife complains how my methods are jut not right even if they are effective. Today she complains that the boy wont listen to her again and asks for help.