Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Just now, Nivek said:

So the wife tells me I am too hard on our oldest boy. Son does what I tell him to do. Later on, the wife complains that the boy wont listen to her and asks for help.

Next day, wife complains how my methods are jut not right even if they are effective. Today she complains that the boy wont listen to her again and asks for help.

I do hope that you are taking this golden opportunity to teach your son about female insanity.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Thread jack:

How'd everything go yesterday, Brat?

Am temporarily blind (supposedly) in that eye. Doc removed the tissue crud off the retina and pumped an air bubble in there for whatever reason. Says it will dissipate in a week and then the vision should return to normal in a few months.

guess he's happy to make another payment on his Porsche, and I’ll be happy to see the Sarah J Underwood pics without squinting.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So the wife tells me I am too hard on our oldest boy. Son does what I tell him to do. Later on, the wife complains that the boy wont listen to her and asks for help.

Next day, wife complains how my methods are jut not right even if they are effective. Today she complains that the boy wont listen to her again and asks for help.

tenor.gif?itemid=15466663

This is an almost everyday occurrence at our house. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Had 5 of those.

Buick was one of the original divisions, and chevy was just a dealer that modded buicks.

The GS/Skylarks were nice as well.

A good buddy of mine all through school got a 72 (maybe 73, can’t remember exactly now) Skylark for his 13th birthday from his dad. Now it was in sad, sad shape at that point. Made the Dirté roadrunner look mint kind of bad. 

They worked on it for 3 years and had it in mint condition for his 16th birthday. It was a beauty, and still is almost 30 years later. 

• Like 4

You shoulda kept the grand nationals instead of her.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

there is only a single entendre in your case

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoffaJimmy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15466663

This is an almost everyday occurrence at our house. 

My son (8) and I were at an end of the season baseball game.    Several of us were shooting the shit and the wife of one of the coaches comments on her husband's tone and then she asks us what we think.  Everyone of us said our wives all say the same thing to us.   You could see the Simpson's (Am I wrong, no, it is the children men who are wrong) processing in her head.   

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

I have a similar problem, but I'm not hard on the boy per se, I just hold him accountable and if I threaten him with a consequence, I follow through. She just yells louder and gets pissed when he still doesn't listen, then yells at me. It's delightful. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My son (8) and I were at an end of the season baseball game.    Several of us were shooting the shit and the wife of one of the coaches comments on her husband's tone and then she asks us what we think.  Everyone of us said our wives all say the same thing to us.   You could see the Simpson's (Am I wrong, no, it is the children men who are wrong) processing in her head.   

b2781a77fa961cb6e38e9250657dd1fd.jpg
  • Like 1

Got damn.

So Mrs stanco and I used to go to Starbucks each day and get a latte or whatever. So about 10-12 a day, and that's 365. Decided 12-15 years ago to get a middle of the road espresso machine, spend around 700. They go out after 5 to 7 years. Get our coffee from blue bottle coffee out of Oakland among other places. No store bought crap.

So, our 2nd one finally died (after being sent off for service once, but it was old) and unbeknownst to me she says "I bought a new one. Great reviews" I casually mention that I normally look at the specs and buy it (psi of the steamer and whatnot). She said it was a good one. This one was 475 or whatever and that should have made me investigate but i claim dumbass for not.

Tonight I saw it in the kitchen. "Hey do you like it?"

"Its okay"
"Huh?"
"Well it takes pods."
"SEND IT BACK'
"Can't, I wanted coffee this morning so I went to wal mart and got some pods"

• Like 6

I'm a little confused as to how we are married to the exact same woman.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Am temporarily blind (supposedly) in that eye. Doc removed the tissue crud off the retina and pumped an air bubble in there for whatever reason. Says it will dissipate in a week and then the vision should return to normal in a few months.

guess he's happy to make another payment on his Porsche, and I’ll be happy to see the Sarah J Underwood pics without squinting.

Good to hear Brat.

Did the doc by chance fix it so that you don't see and post images upside down?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Wife and I took our daughter to a birthday party at one of her friend’s house last summer. When we walked in the mother of the girl laughed that she had forgotten to get helium for the balloons so she got scotch tape and stuck them to the ceiling. My wife looked at me and said, “that’s neat, it’s reverse psychology!” Yes babe, yes it is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

Wife and I took our daughter to a birthday party at one of her friend’s house last summer. When we walked in the mother of the girl laughed that she had forgotten to get helium for the balloons so she got scotch tape and stuck them to the ceiling. My wife looked at me and said, “that’s neat, it’s reverse psychology!” Yes babe, yes it is.

I stopped reading at scotch.  Because kids birthday parties. 

• Like 2

Texted

Her: "I forgot to tell you when Herman came over the other day he used the new walkway you added through the garden."

Herman is a badass 94 year old WWII veteran that lives next door, uses a walker and came all the way over to bring some of our mail that he had gotten by mistake.

Herman came by about a week ago.  I added the walkway in the garden two weeks ago.

There was no conversation about him, the event or the walkway in the last week.

Her and I had just gotten off the phone about 3 minutes earlier.

She texted this while driving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mulletpelini said:

Texted

Her: "I forgot to tell you when Herman came over the other day he used the new walkway you added through the garden."

Herman is a badass 94 year old WWII veteran that lives next door, uses a walker and came all the way over to bring some of our mail that he had gotten by mistake.

Herman came by about a week ago.  I added the walkway in the garden two weeks ago.

There was no conversation about him, the event or the walkway in the last week.

Her and I had just gotten off the phone about 3 minutes earlier.

She texted this while driving. 

Dude, it was an emergency.  Lighten up.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I have a similar problem, but I'm not hard on the boy per se, I just hold him accountable and if I threaten him with a consequence, I follow through. She just yells louder and gets pissed when he still doesn't listen, then yells at me. It's delightful. 

+1 on both your and Niveks' post.   "You're too hard, you're too mean". something, something, nmd

12 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

That made me dizzy.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:15 AM, Nivek said:

Not that I miss her or anything, but it’s my weekend with our wife.

• Haha 1

Another classic fuck up on my part., that has been posted before.  about 2 months or so ago, our wife tells me the ceiling fan broke.   I was too busy to do anything about it, so she picked out a new one, blah blah blah after about 1.5 months of research.   the 3 yr old and I open the new one to check it our, I wanted to read how much of a pain in the ass it would be to install.   I look up.  I notice the switch for the direction is half-way between up and down.  The old fan works just fine.   I will be installing the new one anyway this weekend I am sure with more toddler help.    Her previous diagnostics had been 'I think something is wrong with your bike' = 3 broken/bent spokes following her colliding with a neighbor kid.  And I think something is wrong with the car ' following a car accident where the tires was now rubbing against the wheel well.  

I am also getting ready for my future son-in-law to post on here.  On a recent bike ride with my daughter (6) she managed to scrape her handle bars against my car for about 2 feet.   My 3 yr old son manages the same gap without colliding.   She also ran into a parked car and earned a black eye the day after.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Another classic fuck up on my part., that has been posted before.  about 2 months or so ago, our wife tells me the ceiling fan broke.   I was too busy to do anything about it, so she picked out a new one, blah blah blah after about 1.5 months of research.   the 3 yr old and I open the new one to check it our, I wanted to read how much of a pain in the ass it would be to install.   I look up.  I notice the switch for the direction is half-way between up and down.  The old fan works just fine.   I will be installing the new one anyway this weekend I am sure with more toddler help.    Her previous diagnostics had been 'I think something is wrong with your bike' = 3 broken/bent spokes following her colliding with a neighbor kid.  And I think something is wrong with the car ' following a car accident where the tires was now rubbing against the wheel well.  

I am also getting ready for my future son-in-law to post on here.  On a recent bike ride with my daughter (6) she managed to scrape her handle bars against my car for about 2 feet.   My 3 yr old son manages the same gap without colliding.   She also ran into a parked car and earned a black eye the day after.  

about 2 months or so ago, our wife tells me the ceiling fan broke

so what kind of arrangement you got going on over there.  Time share wife?

Or did 2 or more posters finally confirm that they are definitely married to the same woman for reals

On 5/14/2020 at 11:15 AM, Nivek said:

"A friend of mine" can relate to this. 

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

so what kind of arrangement you got going on over there.  Time share wife?

Or did 2 or more posters finally confirm that they are definitely married to the same woman for reals

DP