Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

6 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

At this rate she will flip over the treadmill and ride it back and forth from the kitchen to the couch by the end of the month.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You can do that?

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It's a secondary use case after being used as a clothes rack.

the stairs are probably a deal-breaker

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

If your wife is going to the store and you need coffee. And you specify which three brands of coffee you like. Just get the cheapest of these three. Which one do you think she will purchase.

The answer is none. You will none of those three

spacer.png

• Like 5

Mrs. ROFL via text:  "This red topped plastic [HEB el cheapo storage] in the fridge; is that the leftover spaghetti from last night?"

Me, not hearing / seeing the message for 30+ minutes... was running a chainsaw.

Eventually:  "Did you actually look?"

It would have taken a shitload less time to actually look from the side (the tubs are somewhat visible from the side) or simply pop the top & look in vs. sending a text.

• Like 2

Just now, HoffaJimmy said:

Daily "you need to get your hearing checked", "you aren't listening to me", etc. 

Maybe just maybe you wait until I am not in the shower, the garage, downstairs, in another room, etc. before you ask me a question.....................

This is my fucking pet peeve. Don't yell at me down the stairs. If something is important, tell me to come to you or come to me. If it's not important, wait until I'm in front of you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HoffaJimmy said:

Daily "you need to get your hearing checked", "you aren't listening to me", etc. 

Maybe just maybe you wait until I am not in the shower, the garage, downstairs, in another room, etc. before you ask me a question.....................

My hearing is pretty much shot.  No fucking way am I getting hearing aids.  I have a built in excuse to ignore anything that is said to me from another room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This is my fucking pet peeve. Don't yell at me down the stairs. If something is important, tell me to come to you or come to me. If it's not important, wait until I'm in front of you.

How else are they going to be able to plausibly lie about "telling you last week".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoffaJimmy said:

Mrs. Brat knows that i’ve been half deaf for several years, yet she always starts talking when I walk into another room.

I could draw a decision tree on the things I do when she calls to me from another room. Usually I ignore her but if it’s something that I heard and do want to answer, I answer at the same volume because if I can hear her then she can hear me, right?  But if i get “what” back, I will project/yell to be sure she hears me the second time so that there is no third time. Which always leads to “stop yelling at me.”  Hey honey, you’re the one that wants to talk  50 feet and 2 walls away. And you heard me that time, didn’t you?

• Like 4

the other night, I was digging the grill pan out from under a stack of other cast iron gear, so some noise, but not a lot.  as I'm doing this, wife comes breezing through the kitchen and tells me to make sure and do some obvious task I can't remember, now.  she was out of the room by the time she finished her thought, so I said nothing and continued about my business.  she returns and repeats it at elevated volume and intensity.  

I'm like, 'yup, got it'.

her:  why didn't you acknowledge me before?

because you left the room and I didn't figure you'd hear me.

her:  tone

• Like 1

Consumer Reports ditched the luxury class this past year and stated there wasn’t enough difference between fully loaded trim lines and luxury anymore.

Take the Subaru Ascent, the upper trims have extra sound deadening, acoustic glass, second row captain chairs, plus cooled as heated leather seats. The Subaru likely has superior safety engineering than many ‘luxury’ brands.
Maybe. But I still wouldn't puck up a customer at the airport in a Subaru.

I have tinnitus & while I have been professionally tested by an audiology doc, I'm not deef even if the wife says I am.  Too many years of working in clubs with no hearing protection.

That said, there are plenty of occasions where her inability to understand how sound waves travel & I can't hear her because maybe she's speaking too rapidly is the problem.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, wd40 said:

the other night, I was digging the grill pan out from under a stack of other cast iron gear, so some noise, but not a lot.  as I'm doing this, wife comes breezing through the kitchen and tells me to make sure and do some obvious task I can't remember, now.  she was out of the room by the time she finished her thought, so I said nothing and continued about my business.  she returns and repeats it at elevated volume and intensity.  

I'm like, 'yup, got it'.

her:  why didn't you acknowledge me before?

because you left the room and I didn't figure you'd hear me.

her:  tone

This is my life, day after day. 

Me - Half asleep in the bed as my wife fucks around upstairs

Wife - “Is it OK if I read a little bit?”

Me - “Sure, what’s a little bit?”

Wife - “I dunno, half an hour?”

Me - “I suppose”

Wife - Turns on the light, plays with the dog, “washes her face” for 30 minutes then returns to bed to read “for a little bit”

Fuck me... I should start taking Valium so I can violently snore through this nonsense.

6 hours ago, blacklab said:

Wife: What kind of whysky should I get Erika for her birthday?

Me: Liquor stores are closed today

Wife: No they aren't, what should I get her

Me: How long have you lived here?

Wow you know what day it is. We’re so impressed. For the rest of it, it’s Sutsday the 67th of Marchtober 

• Like 2

I purposely ignore anything my wife says to me from another room.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, blacklab said:

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

You should just made a a brand and sent her looking for it. 

Missed a golden opportunity

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, blacklab said:

I absolutely lol'd on this one.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, blacklab said:

You should check in with Angry Gorilla.   His wife could offer some fantastic suggestions. 

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

Well, there was that front blowing through earlier.  

"Getting down to 63 tonight...should we turn the Air off?" /her

"Well, if the 78 degree air magically gets sucked out of our home tonight, then sure...yeah."  /me 

Guest Lobo
9 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Nothing is getting sucked in your home tonight

Aw snap.  actually it was my birthday at midnight so she let me do that one thing even your wife gave me push-back on.  ;)

I digress.  This weather has been crazy and is certainly testing relationships.