Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

26 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Sometime last week my wife decided to become a vegan.  Right before the 4th of July when I was planning a brisket. I’m talking about no eggs, no milk or cheese, no oils, any kind of nuts, honey, and forget about cookies or ice cream or any of the other fun summer stuff we normally do.  No guacamole or avocado (fat), hummus (oils), etc. just beans, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.  She made me watch a movie about it.  Sure let’s eat healthier, but c’mon.  FML. 

Seems like pretty extreme measures just to get out of giving you a beej

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I was out in the garage doing an oil change with the boy. Wife in the kitchen cooking up a whole chicken for dinner.  Boy and I go for a ride to shake the oil down and come home to this.  

I have no words...

4-D678221-91-EC-4-C4-B-BB23-5-B7041-CC06

Tastes like chicken!

59 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Sometime last week my wife decided to become a vegan.  Right before the 4th of July when I was planning a brisket. I’m talking about no eggs, no milk or cheese, no oils, any kind of nuts, honey, and forget about cookies or ice cream or any of the other fun summer stuff we normally do.  No guacamole or avocado (fat), hummus (oils), etc. just beans, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.  She made me watch a movie about it.  Sure let’s eat healthier, but c’mon.  FML. 

Did she decide she's a vegan,  or yall are vegan?

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

No way the pussy is worth that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

1) WTF does avacado have to do with the vegan diet?  Shit those are about the only good thing about being a vegan

2) hummus is just beans with, what, 10-20% olive oil. She is cutting out olive oil on a vegan diet?  So then the only other good tasting thing?

Shes doing some ultra low fat vegan diet, not your normal run of the mill crazy vegan wife. Good luck man, you’re doing to need it about 7 days in. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I was out in the garage doing an oil change with the boy. Wife in the kitchen cooking up a whole chicken for dinner.  Boy and I go for a ride to shake the oil down and come home to this.  

I have no words...

Maybe she’s becoming a vegan.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I have no words...

Did she run over a neighbor’s yard bird and decide to cook it to hide the evidence? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I don’t know, but I’m having 5- Guys burger tomorrow and I’ve got a couple more days of eating on this brisket.  The kids totally won’t do it so she’ll be on her own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yes, I’m not seeing how her becoming a vegan is going to affect you smoking or eating brisket or anything else. That’s her choice, not yours. 

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Yes, I’m not seeing how her becoming a vegan is going to affect you smoking or eating brisket or anything else. That’s her choice, not yours. 

She will cook ultra vegan food and expect them to eat it.  If he makes normal food she will ask what he made for her and complain about not having anything, or about whatever he made.

Want to go out to dinner...well start listing places that she can tell you do to have anything for her to eat and how could you even bring up such places.  Need to pick a place that has her food, and that list is short and terrible.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ABSR said:

She will cook ultra vegan food and expect them to eat it.  If he makes normal food she will ask what he made for her and complain about not having anything, or about whatever he made.

Want to go out to dinner...well start listing places that she can tell you do to have anything for her to eat and how could you even bring up such places.  Need to pick a place that has her food, and that list is short and terrible.  

I don't even think it gets that far. I predict she spends about $300 at the grocery store and about four days in decides to quit the diet.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I have no words...

Man, I hope she fucked that up on purpose

Goddamn

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I have no words...

This is the kind of thing that precedes her deciding that the family is now vegan. Navigate carefully. 

• Like 1

Whole roasted chicken last night.  She usually does a great job with it..

Breaking down the remaining bird after we were finished.

Sure enough...giblet bag in the cavity. SMH

She said she pulled out a bag...which I suppose is a possibility?  Or she pulled the neck out and left the bag.

anyway, we didn't die and the bag didn't seem to melt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Whole roasted chicken last night.  She usually does a great job with it..

Breaking down the remaining bird after we were finished.

Sure enough...giblet bag in the cavity. SMH

She said she pulled out a bag...which I suppose is a possibility?  Or she pulled the neck out and left the bag.

anyway, we didn't die and the bag didn't seem to melt.

That wasn't a giblet bag.  That neck?  Someone left a dick and condom in your chicken.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, CycleTex87 said:

I thought your brain needed fats to function properly...oh, wait. Nevermind.

We have two dogs that are pretty old, so they’re slowing down. Twice my wife has decided we needed to change their dry food and bought a 30+ pound bag of the new food. Both times the dogs refused to eat it.

Guess what got delivered today from Chewy.........

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Wife:  How long should I bake this?

Me: 45 minutes should be about right.

Wife:  It takes an hour.  I always bake it for an hour.

Me: ..........................................................................................................

I sweater god that 99% of the questions they ask are rhetorical. 

• Like 3

Shower head broke right @ the end of the plastic parts, so we've been doing a solid stream of water for the past 3 days until I had time to stop by Homer Despot & get a new one.

...Because she obviously can't go on her own while on the way home so she could get exactly what she wanted, nope.

I found one that was on the "discount" end cap near plumbing, $ 24.00, has multiple functions, spray patterns, detachable head, etc. + got a small roll of tef tape.

Bring home:

Her:  "Nope, don't like it."

Me:  "Why?"

Her:  "Just don't.  Get a basic one.'

Me:  "Tell me why you don't like it.  This one was on closeout or clearance or whatever... great price."

Her: "I simply don't."

Me:  "You're sounding like a 3 year old who sees some new food they haven't ever come across & are refusing to even sniff it."

Her:  Glaring eyeball lasers.  "Do NOT install that."

Me:  "Don't give 2 shits, it's going up.  There's not a damn thing wrong with it & you can't tell me why other than a generic pout."

I'll be installing it in around 1 hour.

d15cbc2155b48c6f96c6f419507f1376.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Shower head broke right @ the end of the plastic parts, so we've been doing a solid stream of water for the past 3 days until I had time to stop by Homer Despot & get a new one.

...Because she obviously can't go on her own while on the way home so she could get exactly what she wanted, nope.

I found one that was on the "discount" end cap near plumbing, $ 24.00, has multiple functions, spray patterns, detachable head, etc. + got a small roll of tef tape.

Bring home:

Her:  "Nope, don't like it."

Me:  "Why?"

Her:  "Just don't.  Get a basic one.'

Me:  "Tell me why you don't like it.  This one was on closeout or clearance or whatever... great price."

Her: "I simply don't."

Me:  "You're sounding like a 3 year old who sees some new food they haven't ever come across & are refusing to even sniff it."

Her:  Glaring eyeball lasers.  "Do NOT install that."

Me:  "Don't give 2 shits, it's going up.  There's not a damn thing wrong with it & you can't tell me why other than a generic pout."

I'll be installing it in around 1 hour.

d15cbc2155b48c6f96c6f419507f1376.jpg

🍿

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Didn't even read the instructions.

Not a single written word. Barely glanced @ the pamphlet other than to get it TFO of my way.10ac1b4765bbe68fa92a97473a30978a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You should go ahead and caulk that shower while you’re at it.   

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

You should go ahead and caulk that shower while you’re at it.   

That's not a lack of caulk @ the top of the tile, it's the 1980's era wallpaper peeling up.  The wife is into Victorian & I married into this bathroom.