Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Got the wife a new vehicle recently.  Her old one was 8 years old and 100,000 miles.  She managed for 8 years not to lose the gate opener or the garage door opener.  Lost both the first week in new vehicle.

We all blame you for not programing the remotes into the built-in features for the new vehicle.

For some retarded reason my wife doesn't like me washing my hats and shoes in the dishwasher. I honestly don't know why, it goes through a cycle like the washing machine with clean water at the end. She thinks it will make the dishes smell like hats and shoes.

Anyhow, I just got back from vacation and she and the boys are still out there in oregon till Saturday so my shit is getting washed.

f05d83ad0397c150718964beee239c0b.jpg

37 minutes ago, markstanco said:

For some retarded reason my wife doesn't like me washing my hats and shoes in the dishwasher. I honestly don't know why, it goes through a cycle like the washing machine with clean water at the end. She thinks it will make the dishes smell like hats and shoes.

Anyhow, I just got back from vacation and she and the boys are still out there in oregon till Saturday so my shit is getting washed.

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, ztejas said:
tenor.gif

The beauty of a dishwasher cleaning your hats and shoes eludes you? Its MFing glorious how well it does with shoes without flipping the toes up like court jester shoes and hats getting deformed from the tumbling in the washer.

Yep, just gotta turn off the dryer function on the dishwasher as it will damage the river in the shoes.  

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, ztejas said:
tenor.gif

The beauty of a dishwasher cleaning your hats and shoes eludes you? Its MFing glorious how well it does with shoes without flipping the toes up like court jester shoes and hats getting deformed from the tumbling in the washer.

No, the fact that you can't understand why your wife doesn't want your stank-ass insoles and hats in the dishwasher eludes me. If you came and put your insoles on the top rack of my dishwasher where I put drinking glasses I might gut you with a steak knife. People have been shot over less.

I have heard of washing hats in the dishwasher. But I dont think I've ever washed a hat and I was probably 15 the last time I put a pair of shoes in the washing machine (there is a pair of shoes I want to wash in this fashion though). I just buy new hats and shoes. Or if my shoes are dirty I clean them by hand. I will wear a pair of shoes out before I feel the need to put them in the washing machine or dishwasher. 

But it's been awhile since I trail ran regularly (or anything like that). If I did more often I would probably feel the need to give certain shoes an occasional deep clean. 

I digress.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I hope you sent that pic to your wife.

^

Pos repping not because I also wear 13's (most brands, really I'm a 12.5...but half sizes usually stop at 11.5)...but because of the Seinfeld beer reference in another thread.  

People like to say they spit out their drink or laughed so loud, they woke the whole house up.  Maybe it's true, but I doubt it.  But that caught me so off guard and I laughed so loud at 5am that I think I really did wake my wife up and she's all the way upstairs.  Holy shit, I'm still laughing.  Have some more rep.  

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

^

Pos repping not because I also wear 13's (most brands, really I'm a 12.5...but half sizes usually stop at 11.5)...but because of the Seinfeld beer reference in another thread.  

People like to say they spit out their drink or laughed so loud, they woke the whole house up.  Maybe it's true, but I doubt it.  But that caught me so off guard and I laughed so loud at 5am that I think I really did wake my wife up and she's all the way upstairs.  Holy shit, I'm still laughing.  Have some more rep.  

This is a Randolph Duke version of "LOL".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

at the grocery store, my wife has a system for arranging things in the shopping cart just-so.

and when we load shit from the cart to the check-out belt, they have to go on in such a particular order.

once the items are scanned, they must go back in the cart in a certain way (theres no teenage bagging service here), then we haul the cart over to the organizing shelf and do the final packing into bags however she deems is logical.

and none of this works in any consistent manner.  its not like a First On First Off system where you shave off time off each of those steps. 

No, each packing/loading phase have a different set of logic and rules.  And why the fuck bother with all of this shit, when it's all going to be reorganized in the last step anyway?!?!?!?

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Organizing shelf?

i do try to help the bagger by putting like items together on the conveyor when it’s easy to do so. 

same here. big stuff, heavy stuff, meats, cans, etc. bread/eggs/fragile stuff last. 

but that takes milliseconds in my head as I pull shit out of the cart. 

6 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

same here. big stuff, heavy stuff, meats, cans, etc. bread/eggs/fragile stuff last. 

but that takes milliseconds in my head as I pull shit out of the cart. 

Veggies first (buys time for unloading while they are weighing), cold stuff, boxes and cans of food, drinks, sundries, eggs & bread. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
18 hours ago, markstanco said:
My hat. Actually I have a large head, 7 1/2.

7 1/2 being big is cute. Signed 7 3/4. I was a7 5/8 in high school and college. My head is doing a Barry Bonds.

User name checks out.

(I, too, have a  7 & 3/4 hat size so you're up with the all-time great titans of history)

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 7/29/2020 at 1:32 AM, mulletpelini said:
Stanco none of us do it because we (the real men here anyways) don't wear size 5 kids boots.  You think my fucking 13's are gonna fit in your little scrawny dishwasher? Puuuhhhlleeeze

12.5 shoes actually.

Yeah, sounds like he's got a teeny tiny ass pussy dishwasher, unless he's talking about the shoes not fitting in his old lady (the dishwasher).

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Organizing shelf?

i do try to help the bagger by putting like items together on the conveyor when it’s easy to do so. 

At the end of the checkout aisles there's usually a bench/shelf thing where people sort or re-sort their groceries into trolleys and backpacks and whatever (for the ones who do public commute)

We try to bag our shit at the checkout as soon and they're scanned, but on big shopping days we can't keep pace with the checkout clerk, so we toss everything in the cart and then re-sort into bags later.

Except I can't just "toss" things into the cart because it needs to be meticulously choreographed....just so we can yank it all out 2 minutes later, after paying

45 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

At the end of the checkout aisles there's usually a bench/shelf thing where people sort or re-sort their groceries into trolleys and backpacks and whatever (for the ones who do public commute)

We try to bag our shit at the checkout as soon and they're scanned, but on big shopping days we can't keep pace with the checkout clerk, so we toss everything in the cart and then re-sort into bags later.

Except I can't just "toss" things into the cart because it needs to be meticulously choreographed....just so we can yank it all out 2 minutes later, after paying

Fuck.  That.  Shit.  

I put the shit on the conveyor grouped so they can bag things together. 

Veggies

raw meats

refrigerated goods 

frozen

boxed

canned

bread/chips/fragile 

Every. Single. Time 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

at the grocery store, my wife has a system for arranging things in the shopping cart just-so.

and when we load shit from the cart to the check-out belt, they have to go on in such a particular order.

once the items are scanned, they must go back in the cart in a certain way (theres no teenage bagging service here), then we haul the cart over to the organizing shelf and do the final packing into bags however she deems is logical.

and none of this works in any consistent manner.  its not like a First On First Off system where you shave off time off each of those steps. 

No, each packing/loading phase have a different set of logic and rules.  And why the fuck bother with all of this shit, when it's all going to be reorganized in the last step anyway?!?!?!?

The real question is why are you grocery shopping together?  Are you newly weds?  Cut that shit out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

If @ HEB, explain to your wife that if all the soft vegetable goods are scanned first, it actually helps the "I.P.M." count for the cashier.  I.E. "Items Per Minute", which is a metric that can boost performance stats for the checker.

A lot of those things need to be weighed & that slows down the IPM's... but if they start with veggies, they don't count against the IPM until the 1st "regular" grocery item comes through.  I usually try to assist the cashier by doing that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

If @ HEB, explain to your wife that if all the soft vegetable goods are scanned first, it actually helps the "I.P.M." count for the cashier.  I.E. "Items Per Minute", which is a metric that can boost performance stats for the checker.

A lot of those things need to be weighed & that slows down the IPM's... but if they start with veggies, they don't count against the IPM until the 1st "regular" grocery item comes through.  I usually try to assist the cashier by doing that.

if you're at HEB and not barcode labeling your produce when you pick it, you're slowing things down for the checker and everyone behind you.  fuck metrics.

back in high school, we had to know all the produce codes (except maybe the real obscure shit).  nowadays, when I get stuck behind a dickhead like you, it's clear checkers are no longer trained that way.  they fiddle around with each produce bag to find the label on the fruit and then key it in.  incredibly slow and frustrating for all involved.  

then on the other end, the bagger (if he/she's worth a shit) gets to stand there with their thumb up their ass waiting for the cans and heavy stuff to come down before they can even start to do their job.  and then we all get to stand around and watch while this poor bastard finishes up, long after you've paid.

so congrats to you for knowing how to game the IPM thing.  pssst:  shit like that only matters to 'career' checkout clerks; but in the end, does it really?

grocery talk not going away.  sorry.  I got triggered.

9 hours ago, ABSR said:

The real question is why are you grocery shopping together?  Are you newly weds?  Cut that shit out.

fucking this.

• Like 1