Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Wife tried to cut my 8yo daughters' bangs. They are crooked, uneven, too short, etc.

Her: Well, I think they look cheek.

Me: Cheek?

Her: Wait, what did you say?

Me: Did you say they look 'cheek'?

Her: Yeah.

Me: Do you mean chic?

Her: (realizing she said something stupid) ooooohhhh. You're going to post this on your site, aren't you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Modessit said:

Wife tried to cut my 8yo daughters' bangs. They are crooked, uneven, too short, etc.

Her: (realizing she said something stupid) ooooohhhh. You're going to post this on your site, aren't you?

That’s one of my most embarrassing moments. Growing up, I read a lot so had a big vocabulary, but hadn’t heard some of the words in that vocabulary spoken. I was in a theater class my first semester freshman year and had to read a line of dialogue that included “chic.”  I pronounced it chick. Everyone laughed. I was humiliated. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Modessit said:

Yeah. They definitely look cheeks 

On 4/21/2024 at 8:27 AM, nnm said:

That’s one of my most embarrassing moments. Growing up, I read a lot so had a big vocabulary, but hadn’t heard some of the words in that vocabulary spoken. I was in a theater class my first semester freshman year and had to read a line of dialogue that included “chic.”  I pronounced it chick. Everyone laughed. I was humiliated. 

My word was epitome.  I thought that it was pronounced with a long o and silent final e.  Entertained the hell out of my freshman English teacher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My word was epitome.  I thought that it was pronounced with a long o and silent final e.  Entertained the hell out of my freshman English teacher.

mine was Des Moines when we were doing state capitals in the 4th grade or so.  Grew up no where near Iowa.

I had it as Dess  Mo-iness

How the fuck would I know?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

A friend of mine did that in high school.  I still give him shit about it.  

Whenever I see him, I try to use ep-pi-tohm in conversation as much as possible.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2024 at 12:34 PM, Kennythetiger said:

On the twitter page check out the chick who ripped off the oil pan. 

My sister in law Went camping once (I think it was Big Bend) called me crying once because she said something hit her oil pan and it busted. Turns out she was trying to get to some spot that really only trucks or off road vehicles. She was in this:

image.png.f32148409615b82ebecf3edefbe59ed5.png

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

On 4/21/2024 at 8:27 AM, nnm said:

Reason # 8790 to fuck the French

4 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

My oldest son was riding in the car with me and I made a hard right turn after swinging wide to avoid hitting a curb.  My son said, "Mom always hits the curb when she makes a turn like that."  Me:  "I know.  It's a chick thing."  Him:  "Girls hit curbs?"  Me:  "Yeah, it's like a thing."

The city of Austin is working to ensure that it becomes an all-gender practice.

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

My oldest son was riding in the car with me and I made a hard right turn after swinging wide to avoid hitting a curb.  My son said, "Mom always hits the curb when she makes a turn like that."  Me:  "I know.  It's a chick thing."  Him:  "Girls hit curbs?"  Me:  "Yeah, it's like a thing."

image.thumb.png.3db7e18ffe27c87cf06e922a199c5b3a.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The city of Austin is working to ensure that it becomes an all-gender practice.
That's no lie.  I was driving around after eating dinner at Home Slice in Central Austin and commented that sometimes it is almost impossible to determine where the actual car lane is.  I'll hit a cyclists before I hit a curb, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Duquesne for me Do- ques-knee

I had managed to never hear that word spoken until this tournament despite having read it forever.

On the same note I'm always entertained at the beginning of football season when kids start hitting the field and their names are pronounced wildly differently than my dumb ass read them in my head throughout their recruitment.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Duquesne for me Do- ques-knee

20 minutes ago, BearMace said:

I had managed to never hear that word spoken until this tournament despite having read it forever.

When watching the tournament this year, Mrs. NNM pronounced it exactly as Jameslaw did. I think I even posted about it upthread. 

• Hook 'Em 1