Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Her little vanity corner unit is on the circuit for our master bedroom, which is also where the router is located.  I don’t recall our reasons for having put the main cable entry into the MBR 15 years ago.

My wife would “need” a space heater no matter where we lived.  It’s fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.   

Let me tell you about her little vanity corner unit. It’s on my master circuit and a main cable entry for the last 15 years. You don’t want to know where the router is located.

She doesn’t “need” a space heater, if you get my drift. Her space is getting heated just fine.

I’m still working from home.  During my daily stand-up call today, I abruptly lose internet connectivity.  We’ve got very reliable internet here in the burbs of San Diego, so this is pretty unusual.   

Any guesses as to the cause?

If you guessed running a hair dryer and space heater on the same outlet at the same time causing the breaker to trip and taking the router offline, you are today’s big winner.  

Do you even UPS bro?

On 1/27/2021 at 6:06 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Great. Now I feel poor having just a double vanity/sharing a bathroom vs having my own bathroom and hallway.

You poor fucker.  First thing we did when we moved in, she got all the closets and bathrooms upstairs, I get the ones in the basement.  Where also, btw, she rarely goes into.

42 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

[1982's Mullet]You poor fucker.  First thing we did when we moved in, she got all the closets and bathrooms upstairs, I get the ones in the basement.  Where also, btw, she rarely goes into... & that's where I keep my stash of nudie mags.[/Pelini]

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, mininghorn88 said:

I actually had to take a hair dryer to my freezer as well for good reason.  Lost electrical power to the house.  The ice maker thawed and then re-froze.  This created a block of ice that essentially connected my ice maker to the external dispenser that was several inches thick.  Could not open the door more than about an inch.  I could not get anything in there to chip the ice away and I was afraid I was going to rip the guts out of the ice maker and dispenser as I tugged on the door.  I did not have the patience to let it thaw so I got the hairdryer out and knocked it out rather quickly.

I've done this as well

36 minutes ago, luke duke said:

A blow dryer and space heater on high will trip any normal 120V residential circuit.

For real?  You should see the crap my bunch has plugged in everywhere, the only time I remember anything tripping was when a bunch of stuff was plugged in and running with the hot tub in the master bath was going full tilt.

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

If a hair dryer and a space heater trips a breaker I think I'd be looking for another place to live.

Keep in mind these are California breakers. They can't stand up to as much and generally complain more than the breakers you're used to in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm no electrician, but a hair dryer on high and a space heater could easily pull 1,500 watts each.   3,000 watts/120 volts = 25 amps.  So yes it isn't hard to imagine that they would trip a normal residential cicuit.

That's why everything in your house should be 220/221

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, Guadaloopy said:

I’m still working from home.  During my daily stand-up call today, I abruptly lose internet connectivity.  We’ve got very reliable internet here in the burbs of San Diego, so this is pretty unusual.   

Any guesses as to the cause?

If you guessed running a hair dryer and space heater on the same outlet at the same time causing the breaker to trip and taking the router offline, you are today’s big winner.  

My ex... We lived in a crappy rental, where if you turned on the dryer if would kill our internet. To make it worse, if I was logged into our server at work, it would lock me out (saying I was already logged in at another station) I would have to call another cowoker to login and kick me off. Everytime I needed to work, I would tell her. She must have done it 75 times......

On 2/9/2021 at 2:37 PM, OrangEngr said:

I was going to ask how the hell your router would be on the same circuit that your bathroom (?) is on, but having recently had to play circuit hide and seek to install a ring doorbell, I won’t question it

We have a random switch in the living room that connects to an outlet in another room. It happens to have a freezer on that outlet. Must have lost $250 worth of food before we figured that out. Light bulb in my head went off one day while I was at work. Drove all the way home just to see if that was it. It was like that scene from Christmas Vacation when I figured it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

We have a random switch in the living room that connects to an outlet in another room. It happens to have a freezer on that outlet. Must have lost $250 worth of food before we figured that out. Light bulb in my head went off one day while I was at work. Drove all the way home just to see if that was it. It was like that scene from Christmas Vacation when I figured it out. 

Stupidly, our garage outlets are on the same GFCI as our outside outlets, so I have to keep an eye out during Christmas time if it rains that it doesn’t trip because of Christmas lights . I’d hate for my garage beer to warm up.

12 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

My ex... We lived in a crappy rental, where if you turned on the dryer if would kill our internet. To make it worse, if I was logged into our server at work, it would lock me out (saying I was already logged in at another station) I would have to call another cowoker to login and kick me off. Everytime I needed to work, I would tell her. She must have done it 75 times......

By accident, you think?  

• Like 1

Wife called me from the car while waiting for the school bus. I answer in the truck and we’re both talking to each other via Bluetooth. At some point I raised my voice a little playing around talking to the kids and wife says, “Jesus Fud, that’s super loud”. I tell her to turn the volume down. Anyone want to guess what her answer was? “I can’t because you won’t be able to hear me”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I live for this thread.

Earlier this week my wife wanted to hang some stuff and said she saw a step-ladder in the recycling/utility room of our complex. I agree to go take a look. 

It was a window-washer’s outdoor ladder that was easily 15 feet tall unextended. We....do not have 15 foot ceilings. 

She handled it surprisingly well when I returned empty-handed and explained it wouldn’t fit in the door we didn’t have to return together with a tape measure to double check or anything. Also held it together when I asked her to show me what she wanted to reach, and demonstrated that she could use the small two-step school we already had in our place. 

Spatial awareness, how does it work? 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

Last night, I went to go get the water out of the chicken coop since in was frozen to bring inside to thaw. Wife said "I bet that gets really heave now that it's frozen."
Me: Well, it's actually the same weight.......
Her(after a couple of seconds): You're putting that on your football forum thingy aren't you.
Me : Yup

She made a mistake, thought about it, and agreed. That is a win.
  • Hook 'Em 2

We’re on day 3 of the internet being down. I’ve explained a couple of times how you’ll know when it’s back...cable modem will show more activity than single flashing light, Eero light will turn back white from red, etc. She thought we had a breakthrough because an Ethernet light was flickering and was relatively confused by the lack of service.

All pretty normal chick tech shit, except she has a computer science degree.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BearCountry11 said:

My wife decided it was time to wash the fabric liner of our son’s high chair.  It was making a ton of noise in the dryer - kiddo was sleeping - so I pulled it out to air dry instead.

Fast forward an hour and a half - kiddo wakes up and it’s time to feed him lunch.  The high chair liner is nowhere to be found. I ask my wife......she had put it outside to dry quicker.  

....it’s 25 degrees.  

But is it a dry 25?

• Haha 1

My wife and I have been sick this week.  She came up with a plan of how WE are going to beat the sickness.  She makes a horrible flu-bomb which smells terrible, takes terrible, and doesn't really help but to offend the last vestiges of sensory receptors which have not been afflicted by the disease, and I declined to drink it this time.   Part of OUR plan is to drink plenty of tea and huff essential oils it seems.   Of course, I notice that she did not actually drink any tea.  With a slight smirk on her face, she admitted she did not drink any of the flu-bomb.  Then got up, and made a show of her making some tea, drinking a sip or two in front of me.    

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

My wife and I have been sick this week.  She came up with a plan of how WE are going to beat the sickness.  She makes a horrible flu-bomb which smells terrible, takes terrible, and doesn't really help but to offend the last vestiges of sensory receptors which have not been afflicted by the disease, and I declined to drink it this time.   Part of OUR plan is to drink plenty of tea and huff essential oils it seems.   Of course, I notice that she did not actually drink any tea.  With a slight smirk on her face, she admitted she did not drink any of the flu-bomb.  Then got up, and made a show of her making some tea, drinking a sip or two in front of me.    

so when you get your yearly birthday blowjob,  get her back by not warning her....