Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

26 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Good; Jimbo needs to take the good local QBs when they're on offer rather than chase the OOS ones which he has little chance to land.

I actually don't mind Jimbo doing that.. SImpson is legit, might as well throw your hat in the ring for a kid like that.  Jimbo can now circle back and evaluate between Weigman and Klubs.  This '22 class has legit QBs, hard for him to fuck this up

Brian Perroni: Who are the likely next A&M commits in the 2022 class?

National Signing Day for the class of 2021 has now passed. Texas A&M is still waiting to hear from two more players but, for the most part, that class is in the rearview mirror. Fans are now turning their attention to 2022. The Aggies already have three highly-ranked commitments in the class in Katy defensive end Malick Sylla as well as a pair of players from Dickinson in tight end Donovan Green and offensive tackle PJ Williams.

There could some others join them in the not-too-distant future. In looking at who will be the next commitments in the class, there are some definite leaders as to the most likely. Here is a look at the ones that could be the next few on board.

- A Quarterback: Texas A&M has recently handed out quarterback offers to a pair of in-state prospects in Conner Weigman of Cypress Bridgeland and Cade Klubnik of Austin Westlake. The Aggies have also offered Drew Allar out of Ohio. Fisher is one who likes to get a passer on board early in a class as a foundation and you could see the Maroon and White push very hard for one of those three to end up in Maroon and White.

- League City Clear Springs WR Noah Thomas: This was Thomas’ first year to play wide receiver. He was a 6-foot-5, 180-pound corner as a sophomore but, after making the switch, he got better and better as the season went on and had a huge second half of the year. There are two other Galveston County players already committed to A&M in the class in the pair of four-stars from Dickinson and it’s a good bet that Thomas joins them. It would not be a shock to see him as the next pledge or one of the next pledges.

- Haslet Eaton OT Hunter Erb: The 6-foot-6, 305-pounder has been red-hot as of late, picking up some really big offers over the past two weeks. However, it is A&M and Oklahoma that are the two schools that are standing out. Erb visited A&M for a self-guided tour this past weekend and will be in Norman for the same thing this coming weekend. Look for a decision to come shortly after that. OU has some ground to make up and I like the Aggies here in an announcement that could potentially come as early as next week.

- Beaumont West Brook S Bryce Anderson: Anderson was long expected to decommit from LSU and the nation’s No. 66 overall prospect did so over the weekend. Even before he opened things back up, A&M was very involved and the interest was mutual. Texas A&M would be considered the leader with Texas also in it. Those close to Anderson say that he plans to make a decision in August, though it could come sooner than that. I like my Crystal Ball prediction in favor of the Maroon and White.

- Katy CB Bobby Taylor: The four-star cornerback has been close to making a commitment several times already. He had been considering doing so at the same time as teammate Sylla last month. However, Taylor is now set to announce on Feb. 24, his mother’s birthday. Though Oklahoma and a few other schools have piqued his interest a bit, it would still be a shock to see the 6-foot-1, 180-pound defender choose anywhere but Texas A&M. He has been vocally recruited others to the Aggies on social media and has long said he wants to play in college with Sylla.

- Humble Summer Creek OT Kelvin Banks: Ranked as the No. 36 overall prospect in the nation, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, the 6-foot-5, 300-pound junior is very high on A&M. Once an early Oklahoma State pledge, he does not want to rush into another decision. Banks says his plans it to wait until right before the season to announce. It is not out of the question, though, that he changes his mind. He is close with both the players committed as well as others that could jump on board. If he sees momentum, Banks could decide to join the class earlier than planned as well.

- Bremond DL Jaray Bledsoe: Playing in the smallest 11-man classification in Texas, Bledsoe absolutely dominated. The 6-foot-4, 260-pounder explodes off the ball on defense, getting into the backfield in a hurry. At his size, he also ran for over 1,000 yards on offense. Bledsoe has seen offers come in from some of the top programs in the country as of late. However, he is very high on the local school. With Bremond just being down the road from College Station, that is a major plus in his book. Bledsoe does not have a timeline but the Aggies are in good shape.

- Suwanee (Ga.) Lambert WR Kojo Antwi: The four-star from Georgia is not going to be the next commitment as he plans to make a decision in July. However, I did not want to leave him off as he is a big fan of Texas A&M and the feeling is mutual. He has a top two of A&M and Ohio State while Alabama and Georgia are also under consideration. Antwi had a very good virtual visit recently and the staff made him feel like he was wanted in College Station. That helped the Aggies’ cause quite a bit. As long as Antwi remains one of the priority targets at receiver, there’s a good chance he ends up in Aggieland.

Others to Watch: Plano John Paul II CB Terrance Brooks, Atascocita OT Kam Dewberry, Pilot Point ATH Ish Harris, The Woodlands LB Martrell Harris, Flower Mound Coram Deo DL Jadon Scarlett

Nick Harris: Connor Weigman update

Multiple sources have indicated with me and GigEm247's Brian Perroni that four-star quarterback Conner Weigman may be closing in on a decision, and I feel confident about Texas A&M's chances at this point. I've entered a Crystal Ball Prediction with a confidence score of 7. The Aggies were late in offering Weigman, but it seems as though it didn't matter too much. The dual-sport star has built a thorough relationship with the baseball staff and has built a solid relationship with the football staff since being offered last month.

Brian Perroni: Putting in a big new Crystal Ball pick

I know some of you have asked about him and I think there's a good chance he ends up as the QB in the class before too long. This could happen very soon,

https://247sports.com/Player/Conner-Weigman-46094199/

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Jimbo and his counterproductive love of dual-threat QBs...

i somewhat agree with this . . . but damn weigman has some tools and his highlights are fun to watch. elevated a program that hasn't done much lately either. 

low floor, crazy ceiling. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i hated running Sam all the time but I hope Sark has atleast a couple plays where he can take advantage of Thompson's wheels

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I would think so. He watched the game and saw that kid has some wheels. He looks quick as hell. 

Herman's offensive philosophy was forcing a schematic vision, rather than accounting for opponents. It was a perfunctory pursuit of "game planning." His scripted early drives were great, but that went out the door as the game unfolded.

Sark seems to scheme around match ups, personnel, and defensive alignments. Casey Thompson is a smart quarterback as well. I have no doubt that Sark will actually give us the alternative looks that we craved with Herman, and then in his hiring of Yurcich.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

What are the "unintended consequences" Ketch is referring to?

It's probably related to food?  Does Weigman's family own a Pluckers franchise?  Are they moving their location to college station?  Would Ketch then cover Aggy football?  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

i hated running Sam all the time but I hope Sark has atleast a couple plays where he can take advantage of Thompson's wheels

I think he knows Casey's an athlete. Tua took off and ran a few times under Sark. Instead of a designed QB run or Zone Read. It's probably going to be more of, if you see green grass take it approach and don't take unneccesary hits. Just guessing though. 

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

i somewhat agree with this . . . but damn weigman has some tools and his highlights are fun to watch. elevated a program that hasn't done much lately either. 

low floor, crazy ceiling. 

TBH, his highlights made me think of Johnny Football, especially his penchant for escaping the rush in the pocket and weirdly finding an open receiver after making crazy passes. I wonder how much of that will Jimbo allow. I'm afraid Jimbo will drill more thinking and standing in the pocket into this guy and therefore make him less fun to watch, gain slightly on his passing efficiency, but at the loss of his running/scrambling abilities.

He seems like a better match for someone like Sumlin lol.  But I hope I'm wrong.

It would also be great to take both the QBs in this class...different styles, although Klubnik also scrambles.  Probably less than 1% chance of landing both, though, I'm guessing. That's not how Dickey and Jimbo operate.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Fresh off a 2022 QB commitment, the natural next step is to offer Maalik Murphy.

His 247 scouting report compares him to fameis Jameis. So, checks off all boxes for Jimbo right there.

;):D

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni crystal balled Perkins and WR Noah Thomas to aggy.

The key is him not committing now.  The longer Perkins plays out the better.  Right now aggy has momentum.  But like the sun rising, aggy rollercoaster is constant (bizarre covid year doesn't count).